three dimensional geek sound theory.

sorabji.com: What have you done?: three dimensional geek sound theory.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 02:33 am:

eat glass you silly blind bitches.

now that i've gotten that out of the way, let me tell you this:

sound synthesis is all about recreating three different parameters of analog soundwaves (that should be redundant but nowadays it aint). you got "pitch" (self explanatory), "amplitude" (self explanatory) and "filter" (synthetic recreation of "atmosphere")

x axis=dynamic pitch envelope generator.

y axis=dynamic filter envelope generator.

z axis-dynamic amplitude envelope generator.

in a spherical context and with tactile input
    x+y+z = three dimensional digital sound processing.

essentially that means that (in theory) you can "paint" a sound by drawing a design within the sphere. you aurally create the "sound design" by outputting the information to a 3dmidi-controller keyboard that controls "tone".

which pretty much means you should be able to "paint" a sound and then hit a key on a keyboard and hear what your painting sounds like.

see ma? eating all that acid paid off after all.

and if my logic is all fucked up and all this shit is wasted energy, i'm too pissed-off to be a fucking synth geek anyway.

yeah, that's right you shit-sucking fecal freak bitch ass motherfucker.

suck my lovemonkey.

it's march 11th in the year 2000 and i just lived to turn 29.

fuck you all.

i'm going to sleep.

(and if those two berklee sound-engineer assholes are right, this shit is copyrighted 2000 blindswine productions and i want my fucking money up-front in small bills, motherfucker.

word is bond.)

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 02:56 am:

shit.

that's not right.

it sounded good on the subway, anyway.

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 03:39 am:

nah.

multiple tactile spheres can pop up like a right-click.

yes.

i'm gonna retire in the bahamas...

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 04:14 am:

Spherical Sound Design.

SSD

copyright 2000

without question.

my grandchildren will eat off this shit.

i have the answer.

By Gee on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 04:19 am:

awwww. the birthday boy.

did you have a nice day?

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 04:33 am:

i had a great day.

thanks.

R.C.

you should e-mail me.

i think we should talk.

and Gee, be sweet.

By R.C. on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 05:05 am:

Done.

Now -- don't take forever to email me back/you Still-Wet-Behind-The-Ears Analog Geek!

All that CG shit is lovely/but nothing beats the sound of the human voice making love to a chord/a la Nina Simone singing "Wild Is the Wind". Or Sarah Vaughn singing her ABC's.

You need to be gettin' back to yr roots, Bra! You got a nephew to be schoolin' & you'd best tutor him right in the ways of exceptional vocalists!

By mistaswine on Saturday, March 11, 2000 - 05:20 am:

without question.

Without Question.

the synthesizer is not a removal from root.

believe me.

trust me.

fela lives.

By patrick on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 12:42 pm:

i'll go home and tweak the moogy once for you, have a great day motherfucker!

By mistaswine on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 12:59 pm:

y'know, i'd feel much more comfortable if you'd refrain from using such foul language.

you kids these days are just so crass.

By Nate on Monday, March 13, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

i had a similar idea once, but it was for a VR based dynamicaly modeled chromosome construction mechanism.

but then i realized i'd been eating too many mushrooms.

i once thought i was going to evolve into a pure energy being, too.

By WildDatum on Wednesday, March 22, 2000 - 09:51 pm:

Nate...

Are you certain you won't?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact