Added another person to my hate list

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Added another person to my hate list
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

I have been putting up with shit from the other grandmother and her mutant son,I called my lawyer yesterday and told him the situation and how they aren,t letting me see my grandson.He,s going to get back to me tomorrow.I now hate 3 people Teressa Gilleland is a miserable bitch and I hope she has a stroke,she,s alot older than me.I hope to see her obituary any time now. I wish a house would come down from the sky and kill her.Thank You for letting me ventilate.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

J, you really should be writing this down.........well wait. i guess you are ...sorta

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

Her mutant son? That doesn't sound good. Are you trying to say that your grandson is being corrupted by the forces of evil in the form of a fat old bitch and an ex-teenage mutant ninja turtle? That's no good. I ope things come out alright?

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

i hate it when that happens

By semillama on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 08:20 am:

Call Professor X!

By J on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

Who is Professor X? How could he help me with my problem?

By semillama on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 07:18 pm:

Professor X takes in mutant children at his school out in New England. They invariably become superheroes who use their mutant powers for good, and join one of innumerable teams that have "X" in the title. He'd whip that kid into shape, but then he'd have to wear some silly costume and have a name like "Gambit" or "Bishop" or "Iceman".

Go see the movie this summer for more info. Patrick Stweart plays Professor X.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 12:41 pm:

Magneto and Sabretooth were always my favorites. Do you have the scoop on who plays them (if they are even in the movie)?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 01:18 pm:

http://www.mckellen.com/cinema/xmen/poster.htm

Ian McKellen?! Ian McKellan?! Everybody knows Magneto's this big strapping guy with a mane of white hair...how is this little man going to pull this one off?

He does have a nice voice, though.

Anna Paquin?!

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 02:02 pm:

Magneto the drawing

Magneto the man

*sigh*

I wrote a paper on him in 10th grade. We had to pick a fictional character that we admired, and I was, errr, waffling between Holden Caulfield and Monsieur Magneto, and I thought I'd go the road less travelled and pick the latter.

As comic book characters characters go, he's quite complex and very interesting.

I got an A on the paper, too.

By semillama on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

How is it possible for one woman to be so damn cool?

I got my Philly photos back. Pretty weird stuff. The photos of me and Rhiannon turned out very well, we look pretty good, actually, although it looks like I'm starting to show my age more.

I'll have to saty that Magneto is probably the coolest supervillian ever created.

By cyst on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 09:29 am:

post them!

By on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 10:50 am:

i am the road well traveled-Holden-big fat loser am i

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 06:20 pm:

Dear Andy,

Please....if you are intending to post anything with *me* in it, would you be so kind as to email me the pictures before hand so that I can give you the thumbs-up/thumbs-down? I am most un-photogenic and really would like to be spared that horrible blow-to-the-stomach-feeling, knee-weakening anxiety I will undoubtedly get if I see my hideous face splayed across the page for all to see.

Please. I am so serious about this.

Cordially,
    Rhiannon

PS. Thank you for calling me cool.

By patrick on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 07:02 pm:

damn spider, Relax. Poo on you.......and your internal censors. WE WANT TO SEE EM!!!!!

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 07:10 pm:

You hush.

By Dave on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 07:27 pm:

i know what you mean. i've asked agatha to keep me off her page for pretty much the same reason. artistic freedom be damned. i also hate being caught on tape, especially if i have to watch it, later. i've never been able to see an image of myself and say, "i look good". i can say that i used to look better than i do now, but that's not saying much. fortunately, my charming personality hides my self-loathing.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 11:33 am:

Dave, I agree with every sentence you wrote.

By Dave on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

you were a cute baby.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

Thank you :)

By Rhiannon on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 01:54 pm:

Hey! My "I bet you were too" got cut off!

Well, there you go.

Since we're sort of on this topic, I've always wondered something:

I have bad face days. Some days I look in the mirror and think, "you're all right" and some days I shudder. I have never been able to determine whether it really is my face that changes or whether it's my self-esteem or something that just makes me think I look worse than usual.

And I can't very well go up to someone and ask, hey, was I this ugly yesterday? Because what could they say? Both yes and no are painful.

If I had a camera with me, what I could do is try to take identical pictures of me, where everything would be the same except whether or not I thought I was ugly that day. Then I would put the pictures away for a month and then try to determine which was taken on the bad face day. If I couldn't distinguish between the two, I would know that it was all in my head.

The scientific method at work.

By droopy on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 05:46 pm:

i used to hate seeing pictures of myself. but i got over it. i will always be of, at best, debatable attractiveness - so why worry. i much prefer bad pictures of me than good ones. it's less stressful to live up to low expectations.

By cyst on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 04:16 am:

me on the tape I was making for him:

and this part is when I tape-recorded my friend s. and her mother talking when they didn't know. I was taping this with my birthday gift to j., which was a fisher-price tape recorder.

-----

her mother: I haven't had a blueberry pie that tasted that good since my mom made them years ago. and that... so julie, what are your plans for next week?

me: I think I'm going to eat tomatoes.

her mother: you want to housesit for me during the week?

me: nope.

her mother: just two nights?

s.: she won't, mom. I've already tried. oh crap, where's the lid?

her mother: oh well, it was worth a try. bad daughter, bad daughter. [she used to call me her third daughter.]

me: I know.

s.: she's trying to get a job and be respectable for once.

s's boyfriend: respectable or responsible?

me: both.

s.: a little of both. very little.

her mother: I'll be sure to give these back to you [presumably talking about the tupperware containers she put the leftover birthday pie in].

s.: ok.

her mother: well, this has been very nice, thank you very much.

s.: and happy birthday. [it had been s's mom's birthday the week before.]

her mother: thank you. yeah, julie, you missed my 50th.

me: I did?

her mother: yes.

me: wow.

her mother: but you can be here for my 51. I just have four more years before I can start ordering senior menus.

s.: yep. you're officially getting old.

her mother: and enjoying every minute of it. now you take care. and see me soon.

me: I will. I have to bring you grapes this time because I have grapes and you don't.

s's boyfriend: yes, she does.

-----

me to him on the tape I was making for him:

I am such a fucking liar. I totally didn't care that she just turned 50. I didn't care ... well, I'm not such a liar. I told her I wouldn't housesit for her, and that was true. I didn't housesit for her. I never brought her grapes. and now it's six months later and I still haven't visited her. six months later -- it's like nine months later.

so I'm pretty much all ready to go. I just remembered it's cinco de mayo. I should probably go out and have a margarita --

[tape cuts off]

I did go out and have a margarita. and another margarita and a cosmopolitan and some beer and I don't really remember what else I had.

I came home and I had some carrots. I had carrots in the refrigerator and I had haagen dazs ice cream in the freezer, and even though I'm kind of drunk, I knew that the carrots were the right choice. I'm still figuring out what the hell I'm going to do with that ice cream. I'm not going to eat it, so it's like I have it around. I'm just waiting for someone else to come over and eat it, I guess.

so anyway, I chose two more books off the shelf, no bookmarks. one is the holy bible, king james version. it's my brother's. his name is in it. and it lists my father's name, and his father's name, and my father's mother's name, and then it says "birthplace," and really it was supposed to be the birthplace of my brother, but apparently my father, who finished filling it out, thought it was supposed to be the birthplace of his mother, so he wrote "batavia," which is the old dutch name for jakarta, I guess. or maybe indonesia in general. fuck if I know.

um, and I'm also reading this, and I never knew my mother's mother's name, except it's written here. her name was bessie jennifer. and she doesn't list her father's name.

I think once I made up a name for my mother's father. oh, I think his first name was reginold. I think that's what it is. I made up the last name "crane," because I thought it sounded good, "reginold crane."

I think I did that because in seventh grade we had to write our obituaries. we had to pretend we were like 92 years old and write our obituaries. I didn't want to admit that I didn't know my grandparents' names. that would be too weird. and of course by 92 I had basically saved the world, all by myself. I gave myself the nobel prize and millions of dollars. maybe I still have it somewhere. I will have done all sorts of wonderful things by the time I'm 92, according to my 12-year-old self.

ummm, ok, here I am, opened to ecclesiastes.

By cyst on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 04:23 am:

I remember when my english teacher, who looked like kate jackson and whose name was "mrs. king," got a complaint from a student who thought that writing our own obituaries was depressing and morbid (I was in the advanced english class), she said, "I've given you 80 more years -- that's plenty of time."

By semillama on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 01:56 pm:

Rhiannon:

You're being ridiculous. you look great in the photos. I look old, but you look great. We both have fat-ass grins on our faces.

I can't post anything until I have access to a scanner anyway. There's one at work, but I could only do it if there was a day neither of my supervisors were in, you know what I mean? Anyway, I wouldn't post them without your permission anyway.

I'll send you the doubles, though. Then you can decide. Although I really think that it would be nice to post them. It would be nice to have a place here where all the various meetings between sorabjites could be documented.

By Dave on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

only if i could be a silhouette with a question mark.

By J on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

The news I got from the lawyer was not what I wanted to hear,it,s a total bummer.It,s a long story and I,m just not up to going into it right now,but I fucked myself(I thought I was smart at the time).

By J on Saturday, March 8, 2008 - 02:22 am:

Wow,this was almost eight years from my last post on this thread.I haven't seen Jonathan since he was 9,as I said at the top of this thread his other grandmother did her best to make sure we couldn't see him.She "won" if you want to call it that,she kept Jonathan from us,but she lost her home and she lost Jonathan too,Karma's a bitch and so was she for that matter.And if she really loved him like we did,she wouldn't have put him through that to begin with,because that poor baby has been traumatized as it is.Anyway I finally found him on Myspace recently but he doesn't want anything to do with me I don't think.I saw him online and e-mailed him and he just blew me off.He just turned 14 Feb. 16th,so it may just be part of being a teenager,anyway then he made his page private.
    He is even more handsome than my spawn Ryan his uncle,and he looks like us.Tall and pretty and I know he's still gifted even if he doesn't want anyone to know that.
    Should I just let this go for now? I'm getting nowhere and I have my pride.I've done nothing but love him,I was there when he took his first step,said his first word,went on the potty.We all love him so much.His sicko "Grammy" put nothing but fear and anxiety him a poor little boy for no reason but to turn him against his mother.What kind of person would tell a little 6 year old boy that his mother was exposing him to Anthrax when she tried to show him a good time that she couldn't afford at the state fair? An evil sick and twisted person like his paternal grandmother.A fecking drama queen piece of shit loser.

By J on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 06:04 am:

I forgot when I made my original myspace account I said I was A 25 year old guy named Mike,he thought I was a perve.We are in touch now,babysteps,but I'm elated.What's done in the dark comes to the light.So I have a myspace account if any of you know how I spell my name.I feel too old and silly to do this but you gotta do what you have to do.

By agatha on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 05:46 pm:

I'm so glad you're back in touch, J. I hope he's doing okay.

By J on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 04:11 am:

He's more than okay,he reminds me so much of my son Ryan,they look so much alike.He's cut right out of my ass.It's still kind of strange and awkward.

By J on Saturday, May 24, 2008 - 05:09 am:

I love you Agatha,you are such a kind soul.

By J on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 02:14 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact