How did you find Sorabji

sorabji.com: What have you done?: How did you find Sorabji
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By DarkAlley on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 01:05 am:

Looking for Satanic sights on the net and here I am.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 08:43 am:

No, No, this is a Santa-ic site, not a satanic site.

By J on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 09:41 am:

Sorabji isn,t satanic,God has even been here.

By God on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

Damn right!

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 07:42 pm:

Goddammit God, I told you before, you gotta keep a low profile, keep it a mystery.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 08:39 pm:

That reminds me:

In Italy, it is forbidden for women to enter most churches if they're wearing shorts or short skirts. Too tempting, I guess...never mind that they show nudity in their soap commercials...

So, when I was in Italy last Christmas and standing outside of St. Mark's in Venice, I happened to overhear a man speaking angrily to a priest about the shameless hussy in the miniskirt he saw walking around in church. But the funny part was that he prefaced this tirade against this woman's immorality with "Porco Dio!" which literally means "pig God" and is considered a very vulgar and blasphemous expletive.

Ummm...ironic, no?

By Star on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

I found this site while being bored, and looking for stuff to do. My friend had told me about the payphone project, and I thought there is not a better time to look at phone booth numbers, than when you are bored. Little did I know, I would fall in love with Mark...and now, I come here often, if not every day...I like all the people that leave messages, especially Rhiannon....*kisses* to all my friends here....

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

Very nice, Star. Glad to have you aboard.

Rhiannon, maybe he wanted to pork that girl, so he was praying to the pork god, instead of calling the one true god a pig god?

By patrick on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 07:14 pm:

this site came to me in a bad bad dream

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 09:49 pm:

Sorry to hear that, Patrick.

By Kymical on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

i found this site at my very first computer tech support job. in training. (it is like my first kiss or something that is how clearly i remember it)
    and i was sitting at this desk and there had been people there probably all day and stuff so i was looking to see what other people looked at on the internet.
    and there it was sorabji.com. i had heard of the composer and was interested in what mysteries lie inside.
    there was this wide eyed picture of Mark and this picture of the phone booths he had used often when he first moved to new york, in a downstairs lobby. and i read the erection story.
    i was hooked.
    i remember my birthday and everyone wished me a happy one and mark even e-amiled me. it was like meeting a superstar to me. this guy who had birthed a site that had given me hours of wonder and intrigue.
    tho i never understod the whole geese thing.

i have reccomended it to many people i know. sometimes i still feel like this site belongs only to me.
    (sigh)

thank you Mark.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 11:07 pm:

This site was a daily pick in Yahoo mail, for the payphone project. That's how I found out about it.

By Sam on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 12:02 am:

i was just telling someone that i got the url for this website off a $20 bill that i got at a mcdonald's in dallas.

By Nelly on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 08:32 am:

i was miserable.

i did an altavista search on "happiness"

and found...

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:25 pm:

I found it on a joke e-mail.

By Daniel sss on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 09:08 pm:

THROUGH and beyond, over hill n dale, or chippendale, maybe frank lloyd sorabji Write hell.com....

I found out through...badly remembered lyrics of old show tunes and mismatched piano blues in the humid starry nights of sweat shared sheet, and thinking I've never too many Sarah's in my life, and a tinkering down the hill with Never enough Jack and Always too much Jill (and the Beav) into the darkened recessed of strange places like regarding.com and Meg's folks, other folks, Derek's Fray.org folks, and the personal invite to his birthday in SF, live and uncut, or Julie's AWAKEN.org/transmission.

And then of course I was relaxing Afterdinner.com when I squirkle.com/ooze -d through some syrupdotdiggitydo and created an Elegant Mess after leaving the osric/White Crow. Not to mention refreshing myself after spending all my life in what seemed to be the desert, long before Burning Man became popular with my technogeek friends.

But THE NEKKID AND RESTLESS did teach me that the "only thing she was wearing was handgrenades hanging from her belt." and no tan lines. CUZ Fireland.com Text Products I found out is not the same as BurningMan.com....

And then too, GlimmerTrain.com (special note to Heather to read this) was nothing like this place. Bitterwsweets.org/contrib.html#christina and the hog rollers at navelgazer.com don't know they both highly recommended Mark's work with only a click and a wish, and I've never figured out if anyone really knows anyone here, (communities.msn.dlsmithsmspresscom) but I am meeting the Swell Bunch of you all right here (404NOTFOUND) at the tips of my fingers (Blisteredandsore.can), and liking it except for the nasties(homerandelmerdotheweb.cam), and being grateful for Mark and Disney whomever they really are, for paying the electric bill to keep the place running commercial free.

By Isolde on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

I found it on My Boot, which is another awesome website. He's writing a story called "She Hates My Futon" which he might update one of these days. Anyway, someone sent him the sorabji link and he posted it.

By 4am on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 02:56 am:

early december, 1997.

i don't remember how i got here, except that it was about 4 am, nearing finals for the fall semester.

i was in college, during what i now refer to as "the bad years." those were the years leading to the deconstruction, a dark time when, in spite of my efforts to believe in something, i realized that i was a nihilist.

i lived in a dorm room by myself, room number 324. It was a twin tower highrise dorm, and my third floor room looked across at the girls' tower. i used to sit on my bed at four in the morning, what i then considered to be the best time of the day, and look out to the other tower, looking for lighted windows that meant someone else was awake.

i was sometime during those early hours when i came across this site. the story from December 6, 1997 was on the front page. i still have that page stored on my hard drive.

the stories gave me some sort of bearing, some sort of connection.. i only posted once. i sent mark alot of payphones, from wal-mart and dennys and stuff, that i went out and got at 4 in the morning. i had bought a little notebook to write them in. once, a man was spraying the sidewalk with a hose. he gave me a funny look for writing down payphone numbers at 4 in the morning. i gave him a funny look for spraying the sidewalk with a hose.

i remember sending in my payphones and saying "here's some phone numbers - they're not really great or anything, but you can add them to your list" mark wrote me back and said "no, those are really great, because you see - they're everywhere and they're nowhere."

those words impacted me more than martin buber

By sarah on Friday, June 28, 2002 - 11:28 pm:

i found sorabji many moons ago through maggy donea's old old journal website.

By Sheila on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 01:31 pm:

cool site of the day; many, many moons ago.

By eri on Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

I found out about it from my husband. Surprise surprise ;)

By LoneStranger on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 01:14 am:

natey.

LS

By Dani on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

Wetfly sent me here, of course.
    Ha!

By Alex on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 06:22 pm:

I think it was on TV here in the UK on a show called So Graham Norton but it could have been from my Dad from one of his magazines from work, i cant remember which one was first, but i came and saw the payphone project, went away and one day remembered itand came back....

kind of what happened today incase anyone remembers me..

how is everyone? Pez hows life away from home im assuming some vagrant hasnt stolen you away from us yet! gees my english is bad tonigh but i blame that engrish site that hether or someone recomended!

By heather is on Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 07:40 pm:

missing so graham norton

By Czarina on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 12:28 am:

J brought me.

By Alex on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 04:44 am:

how have you seen So Graham Norton heather?

By patrick on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:37 am:

i have no idea.

By patrick on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:39 am:

a random search I was doing turned up a random thread... i recall some big thread about female genitalia mutilation...oddly enough.

By Alex on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 01:35 pm:

why doesnt that surprise me Patrick?

By The Watcher on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

I came here through the Payphone Project.

My wife and I were getting a few weird calls from a payphone and we wanted to track it down.

I've been here eversince.

By spunky on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

I came here through hell.
    Seriously, this was one of the websites that make up the odd ball web of hell.com
    Or it used to be anyway.

By Nate on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 06:51 pm:

heather and i spent some time in the UK last year, alex.

graham norton is the best thing on tv.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 1, 2002 - 11:49 pm:

I stand by my original version of truth as noted above. But some of you did have a lot to do with my staying here.

By Alex on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 - 05:04 pm:

he is indeed very funny, they have him on 5 nights a week now! was it you who went to nottingham? or was that another occasion that i may have dreamed of?

By LoneStranger on Thursday, July 4, 2002 - 03:28 am:

So Graham Norton is on BBS America. I could watch it. But I don't.

I watch for Monty Python and try to watch it when it comes on.

But mostly I miss it. Sometimes they have other good shows. I like BBC news.

LS

By Joe on Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - 04:48 am:

i was searching on the name of a piano & organ store i worked at when i was a kid in the late 60's. go figure.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact