shaved my head...

sorabji.com: What have you done?: shaved my head...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Kymical clean shaven on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 09:20 pm:

and oddly enough i don't feel so strange about it anymore.
    i shaved it all except a little "tuft" in front. i am thinking of relaxing it and dying it blue.
    but as the days pass i find i like it being ultra curly. i look like the fella from Fishbone. i like him.

i am not getting more of the strange and odd stares i thought i would. which is good. cause i like that nothing much has changed about me. i am as weird as i ever was. <whew>
    crazy old men are still hitting on me, all systems go!
    i think the only thing i did not calculate was how cold my head gets.
    but i like running my hands over it.

my mother is not happy at all. but i told her i would stop wearing the beret if i shaved my head. she doesn't like the beret either.
    i will only have to use like 1/3rd of the shampoo and it is a snap indeed.
    i feel like i have somehow done something profound in my life. only way to go is forward.

i bought my first accessory for my new look. goggles. i look like a space monkey. i think i will take a sharpie and write that on my head too.
    hmmmm, maybe not.

i will just change my name to candyland.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 08:41 am:

want photos, your new look sounds very cool. A female Angelo Moore! Immediately, the Fishbone song that goes "We're going to have a good time, we're going to have a good ti-e-i-e-ime" popped into my head.

I would like to hear some of their new stuff - Fishbone is one of those bands that have sort of lost direction and you feel bad about it and wnat them desperately to click again.

By Kymical on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

i remember not too long ago seeing somewhere that they were playing a show.
    isn't that just vague?

i think i was in arizona?

i think they have sort of dropped below the boiling point. kids today don't find them to be as cutting edge. there are now many black artists who fall under the catagory they created.

as far as pictures, they are coming...

By lapis on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 04:53 pm:

hrm.

woke up sunday morning with a third-shaved head. the shaved part was all on one side: a neopolitan haircut. stubble, short, bobbed. i asked the giraffe to clean it up for me and he did, leaving the bangs.

there's a video i haven't been sent yet.

my sister and dad were ok. they didn't like it, but remained calm. my mom screamed and cried and calmed herself, "it'll grow back, it's not permanent, it's not a tattoo"

then i put the bandanna back on.

wearing a bandanna on a shaved head feels amazing. it flutters in any passing breeze, brushing your stubble and tickles a little bit.

i was down to once a week hair washings before, maybe longer now. i don't know, people are touching the stubble.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 09:30 pm:

I wore short hair (1/4") that I cut myself for a long time. It was refreshing. Never quite did the whole bald thing. If I ever start losing hair I will, though. I only need the slightest follicular excuse to go cue ball.

Rock on crazy pez.

By kazu on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:44 pm:

I still want to shave my head some day.

By Hal on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 07:43 am:

I get my head shaved once a week. Did it myself for a while, but there is a place in town that is a barber that is only for men. I go there now, shave+hot towel+head massage.

Plus I feel like a million bucks every time I get it done.

By V on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 04:15 pm:

hal,well thats what most men that are going bald do,oh,and what happend to Dave?is he dead or something?you were allways such a team!!!......as you may or may not know,v has allways had long hair,well,since the age of 12.you know this short hair thing?,it only goes back to 1914,trench warfare,headlice,stuff like that,,,and Hal,how come you want sooo much to look like a black man?,,look,if a black man dont shave his hair bald,then no way in the World will he get through a 3 foot doorframe,right?like, v dont want to boast or nothing,but v did get to see jimi Henedrix,live,and his Afro hair hair that was at that time was 25 foot.,they had to lift him off stage by chopper..

By Antigone on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:28 pm:

Hal, it's all about the Stim-U-Lax

Mine is on order. :)

By Antigone on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:29 pm:

Here's where I get my hair cut. King hooked me up with the Stim-U-Lax.

By V on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 11:10 pm:

...so in other words,your bald?

By V on Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 11:42 pm:

...and whats a "royal hair vac",a machine that sucks your hair out in clumps?,at $155 its a steal.,but,will it work on armpits and pubes?

By lapis on Friday, August 31, 2007 - 04:24 pm:

part one
    part two

not much to see but my (nearly) bald head gettin' shaved by a giraffe. bzzzzzzzzz.

it's been a week and a half. it's beginning to soften a little. people want to touch my hair a lot, it's a little strange. when i pass other girls with hair similar to mine we talk about it. instant anonymous sisterhood.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact