Got off probation

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Got off probation
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jay on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 09:16 am:

I've been on probation for a DUI for seven months now. today i finished all my shit so i'm officially off probation. probation is a major joke organization. here in florida it's run by the salvation army and it's nothing but a money thing. then again isn't everything.
    I was on probation for seven months and changed counselors three times. for what reason, i don't know. the first was this black lady who was really indifferent to everything. you could tell she was an old timer and just wanted to get you in and out of there so here day could go by. the second was this pretty hot chick about my age with a really sexy southern accent and she always wore black. she kept this real nice picture of her boyfriend on her desk. the last counselor was some older white lady who reminded me of a substitute teacher i had in middle school.
    anyway, 45 bucks a month for me to walk in say "hi how you doing?" and then leave. so it's nice to be done. not that i cared, i just hated giving those jokers my money.

By Zephyr on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 02:51 pm:

Ahh, it's things like that which make me look forward to adulthood.

By moonit on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 04:14 pm:

Dont you think the Salvation army logo looks like a dollar sign?

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 09:13 am:

Pretty much. i mean, the office is a shithole. every person who goes in pays $45. each counselor sees someone every ten or fifteen minutes. the place has got to be raking it in. bastards.
    thing that really got my goat though is the way they treat you in there. like everyone who is on probation is there for killing their own grandmother for crack money or something.
    miss corleta robinson, the cashier. this black lady with that immaculate sculptured hair that looks absolutely ridiculous. never looks at you as you deal with her. they sit behind this glass enclosure like we're wild animals at the fucking zoo and they need to be protected. bunch of fat asses. this one lady was drinking a slim fast and i felt like saying. you need to get your fat-envelope-opening-telephone-answering-ass up and get some exercise. funny how people like that think they can do nothing more than drink a slim fast for breakfast and in two weeks they'll look totally hot in a bikini.
    dumbass.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

You got screwed Jay. I just had to mail in a form letter every month. I had a good lawyer, but that had nothing to do with the probation.

it has completely changed the way I drink though.

By Jane on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 10:10 pm:

i go to court next week for the same shit, my second though. here in Oregon that can get you a year in jail. that wont happen though, the most i will get is ten days, weekly classes and A/A meetings. probably a hefty fine-maximum is $1500. so you all is some lucky bastards. here in the northwest they don't fuck around. oh,hey-wish me luck guys. i need it.

By Jay on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 09:10 am:

Good luck Jane. yeah sem, me too. i don't drink at all anymore. strange considering my old habits. at least this way i can guarantee myself i'll never have to go through that bullshit again. it sucks to think that this world is so big and we're just these organisims running around on it and why can one organisim such as a cop or a judge be given the power to screw with my life and what i do. doesn't seem right.
    pisses me off cause cops are such hypocrites.

By Gee on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

you are such an asshole.

you break the law, you pay the price. you have no one but yourself to blame.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

that was mildly sexy Gee

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 01:01 pm:

or mildly PMS-ish

By Jay on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 01:19 pm:

If having a general dislike for authority makes me an asshole then baby i'm the biggest.
    and i guarantee every motherfucker in here has drank and drove at some point.

By patrick on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

yeah but you got caught chump

By agatha on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

i haven't.

By YOUR MOTHER on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 03:10 pm:

"DRINK DRINK DRINK...... DONT THINK ..............DRIVE.................KILL......"

By crimson on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 03:17 pm:

i don't groove on the drinking/driving thing. then again, both my husband's parents were killed by drunk drivers, in completely separate accidents. 2 useless fucking accidents. one of those same accidents put my husband into a wheelchair through a good part of his teens (he's OK now, except for the massive chunk of memory wiped out from head trauma). a drunk driver also nearly killed 2 family members of mine (one had to learn to walk all over again).

despite this, i can still definitely appreciate the anti-authoritarian sentiment.

i don't really understand the urge to drink & drive (or to drive stoned). it's just nothing that ever appealed to me. it's illogical. i was going to say that maybe it's a guy thing, but that'd be insulting to all the female drunks out there.

funny thing....in all of the above accidents, the drunks just got up & walked away. they didn't get hurt at all. not a single goddamned one of them.

fuck the state.

but don't drink & drive.

By Mavis on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

i have never drank and drove either.
    and i never will

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 04:13 pm:

Drink, then drive. As opposed to Drinking AND Driving. Or dranking and droving. It frees up your hands so you can swerve more.

By Isolde on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 09:15 pm:

I don't drink and drive. I never have. I never plan to. It's one of the stupidest things you can do. If you want to kill yourself, go ahead and do it, but don't put the rest of the world at risk just because you're a dumbass.
    *end of rant*

By semillama on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 07:37 pm:

Fuck, who plans to drive drunk? I sure didn't.
    But i have since then actually cut off my social activities because they involved drinking and I was driving. I had to remove myself from even the temptation to drink.

By Spider on Thursday, August 3, 2000 - 08:41 pm:

I think I've already told you about the woman in S. New Jersey who drove while drunk and hit a car, killing all six people in it, landing her with a 60-year prison sentence with no parole, so I don't have to do it again.

"it sucks to think that this world is so big and we're just these organisims running around on it and why can one organisim such as a cop or a judge be given the power to screw with my life and what i do."

What a dumb thing to say. DUI laws aren't there for the hell of it, and the cops and the judges aren't the ones screwing with your life if you break them.

By semillama on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

And if the cop or judge didn't have that power, drunk drivers would probably end up hanging from a tree branch in front of the local saloon as a warning. (Mob rule)

I know I personally am not in favor of that.

By TBone on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 03:27 am:

Jay, that's an interesting assumption. Even though all (well, almost all) of my friends drink, I don't. Ever. At all. Never been drunk in my life. Certainly can't have driven drunk.

I've often noticed that heavy drinkers (and this often applies to other substances) think that everyone drinks (or smokes, or what have you).

My dad, as a therapist, has told me that he's had a number of patients who did meth, and didn't know anyone who didn't... except for their therapists, I guess.

Never having been drunk, I guess I don't know the reasons behind those who drive in such a condition. I've heard many of my peers actually claim that they drive BETTER drunk. I've heard this lots of times. Idiots.

My dad was an alcoholic. (is? They say once your're an alcoholic, you always are.) He hasn't touched any in years, and his life is good now. He's happy, and I'm happy for him. I really don't know if he ever drove drunk.

Right, this didn't go anywhere. I guess my point is that the assumption that everyone has driven drunk is even more wrong than the assumption that everyone drinks.

By J on Monday, August 7, 2000 - 02:29 am:

TBone,want to go to Costa Rica and drive?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact