Diablo II

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Diablo II
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 11:50 am:

Played it for about 6 hours straight yesterday. I'm such a loser.

I have a class 10 barbarian named Julian. I quit after I destroyed the countess at the bottom of the forgotten tower in the first world. My brother (class 17 paladin) has gotten to the desert world (I think he's still in the sewers).

I talked him into leaving the game at my house last night (all it took was a Rita's water ice bribe), and I ended up playing until 2:30 am.

My mom woke me up at 8, saying I had to take her to the dentist at 8:45. Then at 8:45, she told me that she forgot she had rescheduled her appointment for 11:30. I could have slept another hour! Blast!

By Margret on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:17 pm:

I have a 30th Level Paladin named Epiphanus.
    We killed Diablo 2 nights ago.
    Now we're playing nightmare level.

By Wavydave on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:39 pm:

I have a level 20 Amazon named Raethe.
    I'm in Act III, but we keep having server freezes before we can finish the first quest there...

I haven't touched it in a few weeks - I got the EverQuest needle in my arm once again - it helps to have high-level friends that'll powerlevel you...

If you're on Cazic-Thule, give Imaan a shout. She's a level 10 magician.

By Jay on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:50 pm:

you guys need to be careful. i have a friend who really used to be sombody until he started fucking around with all that shit. now he's like hardwired to his computer 24 fucking 7.
    reminds me of 7th grade dungeons and dragons shit. get some fresh air kids.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

I only play single-player. My computer/modem/ISP are too ornery to handle multi-player.

How do you choose which level (e.g. nightmare) you can play? Is it that you pass on to another level each time you beat the game?

How long (in terms of days) did it take you to beat it, Margret? (I started my character yesterday and my brother started on Sunday.)

I'm hoping he hasn't shown up at my house (now that I'm at work) and taken his game away. What will I do if I can't play tonight?? I'll have to read or talk to people!

By Margret on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 05:25 pm:

Let's see:
    (1) You can't choose a level until you've completed the level preceding it in difficulty. So, I can do Nightmare because I finally finished Normal. I won't be able to do Hell until I've completed Nightmare.
    (2) It's been, ummm, like 3 or 4 weeks since we started. We only play after work and on weekends, and we were stuck on Chapter IV for a good two weeks replaying maps to reach sufficient level to smoke Diablo's daemonic ass. Which we only barely did, with both of us (on our home net) at level 30. And Cameron a Necromancer with a veritable army at his beck and call. Sigh.
    PARTIAL SPOILER/EASTER EGG ALERT:

(3) If you didn't snag Wirt's leg is Tristram, before you start the nightmare level start the Normal over. Go to Tristram and get Wirt's leg. Combine it in your horadric cube with a tome of town portal. Prepare to have your ass handed to you if you're unwary. Seriously; be cautious.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 05:58 pm:

Should I do that while I'm still in Normal, or is Wirt's leg only there after I've beaten the game the first time? (I didn't stick around Tristram...only freed the guy, killed poor Griswold, and ran.)

In the first game, my bro and I only beat the big guy (what was his name? We called him Orange Lazarus) with him manning the mouse and me keeping my fingers on the number keys to feed him potions. That was some serious sibling bondage we engaged in.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

this dialog between you two is an absolute turn on

By Mavis on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

i agree with patrick

By Isolde on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 07:48 pm:

Antithesis is threatening to abscond with a friend's copy of Diablo II and play it endlessly. Is it really that good? Should I give in to the dark side?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 08:16 pm:

I'm a level ten vice-president.

Rev. Semillama's First Law:
    There is a Simpsons reference for every situation.

By Recluse spider on Tuesday, August 1, 2000 - 09:15 pm:

Join us, Isolde, join usssssssssss....

By Isolde on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 03:14 am:

*quivers*

By Margret on Wednesday, August 2, 2000 - 09:27 am:

You can only get to the secret level (which is what you get if you combine the Wirt Leg and the tome of teleport) if you've smoked Diablo's ass.
    Diablo is a ferocious hell beast. Seriously, it was incredibly hard to kill him. We have lag problems because of the graphics and we're playing over a network. I'm not saying that we're DOING this mind you, but if you install the full install with a cracked registration code and a hack which allows it, you can play with one cd in a multi-computer home network.
    About the secret level: make sure by the time you do it that you've got one of them schmancy four tiered belts and you have it brimming with rejuvenation potions (they take effect immediately). Make sure that if you run from your pursuers you run to the town portal.
    Even if you didn't get Wirt's leg first go round (I didn't) you can snag it easy enough by walking through the teleporter thingy in the rogue camp to Stony Fields. By then you will be so badass that killing Griswold (again) will not raise your heart rate. Wirt was somewhere in the upper left side of the map (towards where the crossover to his little area was in Game I if that helps).
    Umm.
    That's all I'll tell you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact