LA

sorabji.com: What have you done?: LA
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 11:36 am:

Well, Anti and I just got back from LA. Crazy stuff. Another friend got on National TV a bunch of times. I think we ended up in a few shots, and we were all over the local news.
    There were so many fucking riot cops down there! It was insane. I keep looking around, wondering where all the policemen went. I waved at all the windows of the apartments nearby when I was protesting/marching, hoping Patrick would see us. I don't think he did. But we were in the middle of the Bloc yesterday in the march that ended up taking the street in front of Staples for about 30 minutes. It was awesome. A delegate got so pissed at us for blocking him that he actually hit me. I'm thinking of preserving the shirt.
    More later. I need to take a shower and wash all this LA goo off me. How can you people stand it?

By patrick on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

we actually take the goo and make a lunchtime delicacy of it.....sprinkled over california rolls....yum yum

Isolde, i don't live downtown, if you were at the rampart protest, you were pretty close to me, a couple of miles. Im in sliverlake.........i saw some tape of the cops getting rough with protestors yesterday, fucking bullshit, they hide behind their "permits" and idiotic legalities........ you can be arrested for having stick (say attached to your sign) that is over a certain size...........the ACLU has already filed suit against their actions at the Rage concert Monday, which was iditoic. It seems the "official protest area" that the police set up is so confined that its difficult to get in and out of and they gavce them 20 minutes to disperse, thousands of people, they had to squeeze through a small oepning to leave, when they didn't it got ugly.....

i understand some protestors got their hands on some entrance badges, I hpe they can get in and cause throuble inside,

again i didnt really have a cause, but i would have loved to march through downtown with my pot and wooden spoon, or better yet my snare drum, making a bunch of noise

By Isolde on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

We did, actually. One between us, one of us went in. It was just security clearance for the first perimeter, so it wasn't much...a couple others got in, mostly using press passes. You could get one if you applied in advance.
    Yeah. We almost got sprayed at Staples yesterday. Really, really close because we were with the bloc.

By moonit on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 03:45 pm:

that made the news here. policemen dragging away people. signs.

bet our news never makes your tv screens.

By Isolde on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 05:47 pm:

Well, the point of protesting the convention is that it is big news--we are trying to make a statement to the nation about what's going on, what we see as wrong. A convention like this is a good place to do it, because we get media exposure and the delegates see us. A lot of them seemed really afraid of us yesterday--I told them that all we were going to do was prevent them getting into the convention until the police backed off and allowed our medics/protestors through (which they did, eventually, realizing that it was bad press for delegates, including senators and such, not to get in).
    Policemen dragging away people. The focus of yesterday's protests was anti-police brutality, so it made sense that the police threatened us with naightsticks and tear gas unless we moved at the end of our march.
    If it makes you feel any better, no one thinks the news up here is important enough to make national news either. I had to drive 10 hours just to be part of national news.

By Antithesis on Friday, August 18, 2000 - 03:19 pm:

Okay, then. the point is to make a statement about what we see as wrong... what, exactly, do you see as wrong that you went there to protest? I understand what the targets were in Seattle and Washington... it seems like people just showed up in L.A. to be seen.

There are no "certain inalienable rights." Jefferson was blowing sunshine up our skirts.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact