apparently i hurt someone's feelings...

sorabji.com: What have you done?: apparently i hurt someone's feelings...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Kymical on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 11:48 am:

it is official, i don't think people should have indepth emotional conversations while they are drunk.
    last night i go out, looking for one person in particular, i find him. i was going to ask for his advice on another problem (see my boy thread for details.) as i uttered the beginings of my problem. this girl i have known, i don't know how long (she says 5 years.) interrupts with "kym, i have really been wanting to say this to you...."
    she has had 3 run and cokes (friends with the bartender so they are nice and strong) and i am sober.
    so apparently this girl has been trying to be my friend for like the past 5 years. she says i have been blowing her off, and that i give people and ultimatum, and that is why i have problems in my relationships, etc.
    and then she just keeps repeating this, over and over rephrasing it. the girl is yelling at me, saying i made her feel like shit for the past 5 years cause she was wide open to be my friend and i didn't take her up on it, or i wasn't the same friend to her, that she says she would be to me.

now, i am freaking out about this, because, i really didn't want to be friends with this girl. i use relationships, like her's for aquisitions. i am a multi-tiered conglomo company (Kymical Industries) i will form aliances with other companies and start aquisitions.
    she is friends with all the guys i am friends with she brings no new products, and on top of it, she is like all hardcore friends with guys i don't hang around with anymore.
    the guy i originally come to see, leaves. but some other guy bought me a drink (a lemon drop shot.) and he got her to shut up and leave me alone.
    but it is the weirdest thing. like she said that i give people ultimatums, and i realized when she said that, i do. that is fuckin' awesome. and she, like so many others i have found, doesn't like that i am cold or bitchy to her she still wants to be my friend. wants to hang out with me reguarly etc. but to me she is just a big drama queen, and that is a scene i am not interested in.
    but i am suprised that after 5 years of me being the way she has perceived me to be, she is still determined to be my friend even if i am not really interested in it.

i gotta get the fuck out of this city.

By Mavis on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

it sounds like she thinks she's in high school.

By agatha on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 12:20 pm:

it's easy to dismiss it when people say things like that. granted, maybe the girl is a drama queen, but you can probably learn something from her statements regardless. it's hard to be honest, especially with yourself.

By Kymical on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

well i am willing to admit that i can be a mean person if i am not interested in the person. and i am quite judgemental. but at the same time, i am like butter on a hot summer day when i find someone who is prone to do the same thing. i would like to believe that while i do things for aquisitions, other people do it for the same reasons. i am very interested in being a commodity. not really in being someone's drinking buddy or the not as good looking girl tag along. not my bit.
    she told me that if it came down to her life, vursus my life, she would risk it.
    and i am thinking to myself, "why? why the fuck would you give your life up to someone who has treated you like shit (in your eyes) for the past 5 years?"
    i think that first and foremost i like it when people are privy to the idea that you only look out for number one. granted i enjoy entertaining the idea of someone caring a lot and what not, but that involves the exchanging of bodily fluids for me. not a "friend"
    she told me i was the first and only person in the whole wide world who gave her an ultimatum and she backed down.
    i thought that was kinda cool.
    i guess the only thing that bothered me after it was said and done, was that she picks up a guy, and i don't that night.

i hate when things just happen to put some people's opposing views in to a good light.

By Antithesis on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

Hm. maybe what she meant to say was "I've been crushed out on you for 5 years, Kym, your heartless wank, and you haven't even noticed! LOVE ME!!"

*shrug*

By Isolde on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 08:20 pm:

I dislike people like that, strongly. Maybe it's because I brush off people I don't care to know?

By agatha on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 10:18 pm:

i think she sounds like a drama queen and an energy suck. however, i am just pointing out that it's always good to think about what other people say your flaws are, and try to examine their points objectively before you decide that they are wrong. i have friends like that girl, and i struggle with them all the time. buncha freaks.

By sarah on Thursday, August 24, 2000 - 09:47 pm:

did someone call me?

;-)

By Willy Nilly on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 10:23 am:

I have a similar situation... well, similar but different in a few respects.

I have a "friend" who I think is nice and all... I just don't particularly enjoy her company. I feel like I'm really being scrutinised when we are together, or worse, being picked on. I think this "friend" enjoys feeling smarter than most people. I'm sure she doesn't do it on purpose, and can be fun to talk to and all, it's just that even over the many years I've known her, I can't seem to feel at ease around her like I do with many other people.

The problem is, I'm polite. If she wants to go out and I don't have prior engagements, I'll go see her. I can't seem to make a break, I guess, ultimatly because she's not such a bad person. I can't seem to shake her though.

My real problem now is, I've moved away from "home" and I go back to visit for a week every few months. I don't really have the "time" to spend with people I don't want to (before, I guess, I was a bit self-serving, in that I needed to go out, so any excuse was a good one). Again, I cannot tell a lie, so I'm kind of screwed... she knows I'm back, she has my parent's phone number, and I don't think I have enough excuses to fend her off.

Argh.

By J on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 01:14 pm:

Tell her you are in the process of having a sex change,then dress in drag and have her come over to your parents house,tell her what fun you two are going to have shopping.I think that will do it:)

By Willy Nilly on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

We had an arguement once, and I thought, "Phew!" but then she called and apologised. I was willing to live with having offended someone (normally that doesn't sit well with me), but then how could I not accept an apology? Also, she's very insistent. Most people understand the hemming and hawing and the, "well, I'll have to see," and the "I can maybe come, call me again about that" &c. Most people get the hint. I just can't believe that I'm this likable.

By Gee on Monday, September 4, 2000 - 06:15 am:

if someone didn't want to "be my friend" I'd rather they just told me so I wouldn't waste time building up a trust level with them. I think it's meaner Not to tell them to bug off.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact