did a little lying...

sorabji.com: What have you done?: did a little lying...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Kymical on Sunday, August 27, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

yeah, some things it seems i should be proud of, and i should be glad people notice.

so this girl i know (not that i like her all that much, cause i just barely tolerate her) invites me over. i am good to go, because there would be lots of boys there and i could probably do some networking and such. so i go.

for some god awful reason everytime i try to be a big hit at a party, the only people asking for my number are all the girls. and it is usually about the same "you are so inspiring, you are so modivating. i wish you could be around to tell me stuff like this all the time." and the boys, well i think they are no where to be found.
    this strikes me as odd, because many of my colorful anecdotes are about how i never get guys and girls won't leave me alone.
    irony, it tastes so weird.

anyway.
    so this girl has already ruined my chances with any guy there because i have been the only other girl invited, namely the girl who is not as pretty, and will be hostess tag a long/scapegoat. so she has way too much to drink. and then it happens ...
    "kym you know, you are so awesome, with your band and your spoken word and everything. i want you to read my poetry and tell me what you think."
    awww crap. for one, i really hate when people pull this with me, like i am all great and stuff and i have a way to critisize productively other people's work. plus the fact that she is looking at me with puppy dog eyes saying "this is my manic depressive poetry i wrote after my 403rd boy friend left me when i was 12, i know you of all people will be able to relate to this kym."
    but what have i learned? you don't upset people with emotional warfare when they are drunk. oh and yeah, she has been drinking like it was her job. not to mention the dope she has been smoking.
    so i flip through some passages she hands to me almost crying after reading them herself.
    and for the life of me i can't make it look like i am really all that interested. i don't want to read it, and i am trying to change the subject, but she has me cornered. and so i read it. and i am not saying it is bad, but i just never enjoyed rhyming when it is slightly predictable. she writes in a style of "still slightly tripping and trying to use that imagry, but really i just smoke way too much weed to be able to ome up with anything original or serious."
    some people have problems with spelling of "hear" and "here". but her's was more "where" and "were"
    i feell so bad as i read this, because quite honestly i like my writing, i enjoy my writing, i have faith that it is at least a witty read. but this stuff just didn't move me, and i have read some really moving stuff. it just didn't seem like it was meant to be serious.
    so i am staring down at it for a while, and pretending i am still reading. and then i lay it on thick.looking up almost like i was on masterpeice theatre and looking reflectively at her (maybe this is why i get all the girlies) and i begin to tell her how in touch she is with her emotions, and she tells about the inspiration of the poem i just read.something to do with a forest and her grandparents. and i am like "oh, wow, that sounds intense. it is so good that you were able to so accurately capture the moment in writing. feeling with your words..." yeah i feel like i should be running some sort of workshop.
    but the plan is all wrong, *danger danger* i have laid it on too thick. and i spend the next hour, not macking on the fellas, cause there ain't no shame in my game, but talking to her about her shitty writing, and feeling really fake.

then she called me today. and it all was quite awkward. kinda like you feel when you get really drunk and you make out with someone you really normally wouldn't and you feel kinda disgusted by the whole thing and you hope that it is never brought up again. it was a lot like that.
    so i told her, it was good. i am sure people have done it to me, and it is fine. i am sure otherpeople have told her, so it is no big deal.

By semillama on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 08:42 am:

Kym, you're a martyr.

By Kymical on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 09:17 am:

i am just livin' la vida loca, baby.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact