kissed my best friend

sorabji.com: What have you done?: kissed my best friend
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 01:32 am:

actually, i'm tired...i'll post about it after i get some sleep.

By Tom on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 07:06 am:

heh. There's a song that two best friends back in Mendocino used to sing, in incredibly off-key voices, whether drunk or not:

"aww... your my best friend, your my best friend, your my best friend!"

that was it.

They only kissed when drunk, though. and mostly just for shock value. I think.

Was it anything like that?

Do Pez-es consume alcohol? Who hasn't kissed their best friend while drunk?

oh. me.

right. What are you all doing at 4am, anyhow?
    I think you're all asleep. Good. sweet dreams, my little guinea pigs.

By patrick on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 12:16 pm:

so instead of backing up, and shutting off the computer, you hit "post" "post" to say you would post later?

By Nate on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

good job, pez.

we're all proud.

the friendship is probably over.

By pez on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 02:20 pm:

(1) we weren't drunk.

ok, ok. the story.

yesterday, david and i went christmas shopping. or rather, david went shopping and was asking for my advice, so i went.

we took the max to lloyd center and generally poked around for three hours before he was done. then we took the max back to gresham.

while waiting for the train, i told him that he should see my t-shirt (i'd been wearing a hoodie over the top...and i like my tinkerbell shirt. it's cute). he replied "you're the third person who's flashed me today, er, i wouldn't mind if you fashed me...what are friends for?"

david's normally a very affectionate person, but he was taking every opportunity to call me "sweetie" or "darling" or somesuch. he pretended to be blind, so i took his nose...

we got off the max and into my car and i drove him home. after parking my car we sat and talked for about an hour. a couple of times he opened the door and began to get out, but we'd start talking again so he'd get back in.

suddenly, he says, "i was going to ask you a question but i won't. i will tell you what it is though."

he almost asked me "whn's the last time you've been kissed?" as he was getting out of the car. and then he would've poked his head back in and kised me before he left.

he kept asking me what i was thinking. i really didn't know what to say. so finally, as he was giving me a kiss on the cheek, i turned my head and kissed him. he kissed me back.

we had several more short kissing sessions before he got out of the car.

wow. i almost can't believe i did that.

By Gee on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 03:23 pm:

awww. sweet.

I love kisses so.

By Tom on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 06:10 pm:

Yes. What Gee said. I'm sadly out of practice, though.

damn. If I don't have someone to kiss on New Years... well, then, prostitution is legal in Nevada, right?

neat.

By J on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

Prostitutes will blow ya and screw you,but they won't kiss you.

By patrick on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 06:43 pm:

verify which county....it differs from one to the other.

By moonit on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 11:47 pm:

<boy mode>

damn i thought it was going to be about Pez and a girl.

</end boy mode>

*mental note to self dont let boys of the house read at sorabji over your shoulder - or answer questions about sorabjites.

By Nate on Friday, December 22, 2000 - 12:38 am:

erection!

By Tom on Friday, December 22, 2000 - 06:37 am:

congratulations.

By pez on Saturday, December 23, 2000 - 02:56 am:

we're still friends.

we came to the same conclusion, partly because there wasn't very much energy in the kissing (although we were mutually attracted) and it could potentially destroy our friendship.

anyone want to deal with that?

By Dr. Who on Saturday, December 23, 2000 - 04:38 am:

"we had several more short kissing sessions before he got out of the car. "

"there wasn't very much energy in the kissing "

This one's pretty easy. You're mutually attracted. Is that code for "horny?"

If so, go with it. If it means "I really enjoy him, but am being timid and/or not dealing with my feelings because of reason x," then look at reason x, and then find out how he REALLY feels.

friendships get destroyed over all sorts of shit. Kissing is as good a way to go as any.

So: if it's just horny, then examine what "horny" would do to "friendship" if they should meet in a dark alley (or bedroom) at night.

if it's different than "horny," find out what it is.

mutually attracted. Whatever.

By Hal on Saturday, December 23, 2000 - 09:22 am:

Pez, I say go for it, thats pretty much how my girlfriend and I started, except it started with a hug and next thing I knew she kisses me. I didn't know what to do so I just went along with it...

We've been friends for about 7 years now, and we've been going out for almost a year. I really care about her, and she cares about me... So go for it you never know what might happen, shit yes it may go bad, but if you don't go for it you might think back later and wonder what might have been...

Ok, Hal is now done being your guide to the future.

By Tom on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 02:33 am:

I think that Pez's story sounds more like ambivalence, whereas I know for a fact that Hal's girlfriend was really "crushed out" on him and just decided to do something about it, so she kissed him. Which doesn't seem to be what's going on with Pez? or is it?

What sort of an opening is that? I just went alo

shit. I just spit generic Chex across the room. On accident. this must be Eris's way of telling me to fuck the shut up.

By pez on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 03:24 am:

i don't know what it was. it didn't feel right. maybe because at one point i ended up kissing his teeth.

in between kisses, he kept telling me not to do it because he didn't need it right now. but he kept on kissing me. it's not like i shouted "kiss me boy!" and put a big smackeroo on his puss.

i'm still trying to figure it out.

i'll be seeing him again in a week. gonna give him his b-day prezzie.

By Hal on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 09:18 am:

Umm Tom's wrong...

My G/F had been dating the same person for 3 years, we had just been friends. He might be right but I doubt it, it was kinda a spur of the moment thing, I was thinking it but deep in the recesses of my fragil little mind... Pez I still say go for it.

And hey, I did just go along, yeah its what I was thinking but nothing I ever imagine happens, so when it did I was going into fucking shock.

By agatha on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 01:39 pm:

sounds to me like the bastard is playing games. i would say to do the opposite of hal's advice, but i'm sort of cynical.

By Tom on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 12:06 am:

I gotta go with Agatha, just because of what you said: it didn't feel right.

There's nothin' like gut instinct.

right. keep us updated. It's good to have someone to live vicariously through.

So it's Xmas in New York, now. still 9pm here. Still alone. Fuck you people who have families. I gotta go hit the liquor store. Hope it's still open.

By semillama on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

Your options, as I see it:

A. sit him down and figure out what the motivation was for both of you, and what action should be taken, if any.

B. Don't talk about it, act sort of embarrassed around each other for months, forget the whole thing after the next person kisses you.

C. Kill me.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

I can't believe this. This is the first time I've been online in weeks and I find this subject here.

Here's the poop. I was asked by a lady I have been best friends with for 5 or 6 years. We are both nurses, we both have worked together up until a few months ago. She called me a month ago and told me that I should come work at the new hospital because it has blah blah blah..... so I go turn in an application, get hired on tho spot, recieve notice that I will also recieve a $2500 sign on bonus and she will recieve a $1000 recruitment bonus. Later she calls and asked that I come by her place and give her the details. I go over we talk, decide to go to my house, since the kids will be home at any minute. I find out that she is getting divorced. We talk about my divorce when she replies "come here and let me give you a back rub" That should have been a clear sign but I start doubting, worrying etc... (since I do have a muscle disease and she isn't the first female nurse from work who has given me a back rub) I decided to follow my own advice (and hopefully not blow a great friendship) I grabbed her, gave a long passionate kiss while stroking the hair on the back of her neck, the let go to see if I just fucked up big time. She looked at me and stated, "Well it's about time I've been in love with you for 2 years now!" We will be getting married and I believe it will last since we have been best friends and know each other well.

GO FOR BROKE! KISS HIM/HER!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

By Hal on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 03:20 pm:

Thank you...

I belive that summed it up perfectly...

By Tom on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 11:26 pm:

Jesus Christ on a motor-powered PogoCross(tm).

Beaver.

You serious?

When did all this happen? in one week?

maybe I'm missing something here.

All I had to do was stroke the hair on the back of her neck?

Gawd Demit.

By pez on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 12:29 am:

wow. happy holidays. meowy crisp-mouse (sylvie insisted).

i'm going to see david again on saturday. i talked to some of my cousins about it...they thought it was good about d being nervous...yaaaahhh.

i love david, but i'm not sure if it's a "you're my best friend and i can tell you anything" love or a "yummy, let's get it on" love.

does anyone have some confidence to lend me?

By Tom on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 02:12 am:

sure. I've been hiding mine in a sock. I won't need it back until the 31st. it probably smells like toes, but other than that, totally serviceable, and hasn't been used in 3 or 4 years.

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 08:48 am:

Wow.You must pack a powerful pucker,Beav.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:40 am:

fB: There is hope after all, for all us schmucks.

Pez: Listen to your pussy, and Praise "Bob!"

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:44 am:

may be i just live a sheltered life.

By Tom on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 05:39 am:

Thanks, Sem. I needed that laugh.

THAT'S GOOD ADVICE FOR ALL OF US, DAMNIT!! LISTEN TO YOUR PUSSY!!!

I'm getting a mental image of those Rice Crispies commercials: kids in various settings, and the question

"What does your pussy say to you?"

Mine says... I don't have to do my homework again.. EVER!

Mine says... PRAISE BOB!

sigh. right.

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 02:52 pm:

I'm absolutely serious.
    It's not the pucker it's the tongue!
    If you learn to use that tongue well, the ladies will follow you through the streets.

PEZ, if you don't go with your instincts and bring this boy around, I'm going to track both of you down and slap you senseless....or whatever it takes.

By pez on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

that'll be hard since i'm currently banned from the home computer....

*dances around and chants, sinsong style*

i've got his phone number! and i'll be seeing him on saturday! pbpbpbpbpbbppth!!!!

/annoying little girlchild

so...yeah. does this mean "pussy say, me do?" erk. as long as it doesn't get me any more trouble, i'm for it.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 05:51 pm:

well, it meant in reply to your original question of "best freind vs. let's get it on". If your pussy be growling over thisi guy, then do him. If it's not, then don't.

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 06:47 pm:

GO PEZ GO!

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 11:48 pm:

Well, we are waiting PEZ. What's up?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 02:41 pm:

i think people put way too much thought into these kinds of matters...and sex in general.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 03:15 pm:

So?

Where's pez?

I take her absence to be a good thing, maybe?

By pez on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

no, i'm banned from the home computer. i'm using the internet from one of the public library computers.

so...i saw david saturday. we went to the park, played on the swings, chased each other around, threw rock in the creek. we went downtown (not portland, but gresham, about a 10-block area) and had some pasta. then we walked back to my car and talked for hours with my legs on his lap.

he kept on saying "i'm a confused person. sometimes i make decisions and then decide to go back on them later and it's not always a good idea."

so after a quick game of 20 questions, (ok, more like five) i knew exactly what he was talking about. so we kissed again.

we ended up at my house, (my family was gone for the weekend) wrestling, tickling each other, having pillow fights and playing with my cats. the only clothing removed was our coats and my shoes.

it was fairly innocent. we did bite each other and played rough, but i take good care of my toys.

my coworkers are beginning to recognize my mindset. everything i've said these past few weeks can and will eventually be traced to d.

By agatha on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 08:16 pm:

what is up with your being banned from the home computer? you have got to get out of that house.

By Nate on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 09:42 pm:

you should introduce him to everyman's good friend Phil.

And make sure Phil brings his pet bird.

what kind of bird it it?

oh yeah.

a swallow.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 03:10 am:

Well, it would be best if Phil brought his cousin Connie along, too.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 05:10 am:

Do whatever makes you fucking happy...

If it doesn't make you happy then don't fucking do it...

Simple eh'?

By Tom on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

Hrm. Sounds like we've got a winner.

Just get back to us when y'all get 'round to being naked.

I am the most clothed man in the world.

By pez on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 06:10 pm:

yup. with the exception of being banned from the computer and being the 16th person on the wait list for my math class, i'm fairly happy.

actually, being banned from the computer might help me to get my grades back up to what they used to be.

but first i have to find my textbooks and be an overly hyper pezpez. because i have a boyfriend. pbpbpbpbpbpbbpththtthth!!!!!

By Hal on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 07:32 pm:

Good for you.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 09:29 pm:

LET HIM FUCK YOU IN THE ASS.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, January 5, 2001 - 06:47 pm:

Polite young ladies don't get fucked in the ass on the first date.

By Tom on Friday, January 5, 2001 - 09:45 pm:

Yeah, but it sounds like they've already had a first date, so you're in the clear.

Enjoy! (and, if possible, take pictures, of course. Er. Is he "of age?")

By pez on Monday, January 8, 2001 - 05:24 pm:

his 18th was on january first. the new year. i'm almost entire year older than him...it's almost funny. this year mine's on january 24, which just happens to be the chinese new year. coincedence?

maybe. pretty much.

we went to see crown point, multnomah falls and bridal veil falls on saturday. then i sprayed him with silly string.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 12:38 am:

Praise Crown Point! Two days later the gorrilla will be fifty.

Wow. Hold the silly string.

By J on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 01:31 am:

It's my 24th anniversary today,It's also Elvis Presley's birthday.Battle on.

By dave. on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 02:56 am:

happy anniversary, j.

so, if you had it to do all over again, wouldja? i mean, now that you're 37 and much wiser and you've left west virginia behind and had a taste of the real world (y'know: arizona), would you go off and marry your brother all over again?

couldn't resist the west virginia joke, sorry. happy a-day.

By J on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 04:07 am:

Thanks Dave,yea I would,you know he was good enough for his own kin,I reckon he's good enough for mine:)

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 04:57 pm:

So what has happened? (with the kiss)

By pez on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

ooh, back to that?

we went out for a while. then i couldn't reach him, and i got tired of calling and calling so i left a message that i wasn't going to call again.

he called me back, and we met so he could dump me.

i guess that's it. i don't talk to him, he doesn't talk to me. we don't see each other, and i don't ask my li'l sis to spy.

whatever. my zine has a better (and less hurried) description of my emotions after we broke up. what was that...two and a half weeks ago. it's over.

By Fb on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 12:21 pm:

OUCH!

By TBone on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 12:31 pm:

The zine article explained it pretty well. Sounds like an ass.

By pez on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 02:23 pm:

ex-actly. he thinks we're friends again, but i don't think so. the "poor boy" was misled on his assumption.

By J on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 11:51 pm:

FB,I've missed you,you got a woman and just left us,so did Big Kevin.

By pez on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 02:45 am:

*breaking news*

i have a study date tomorrow. his name is adrian, we have pre-calculus together. he's a little taller than me, drives a red car, and looks italian. i noticed that he was staring at me in class, so i asked him if he'd help me with the assignment.

By patrick on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

i could never study with someone else. I never saw the point.

By pez on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

well, anyway, it's been postponed 'til tomorrow.

the point isn't really to study. the point is that i'll only have to do half my homework and get a new "friend" in the process.

if worse comes to worse, i can do it by myself during the weekend. but i'd rather not.

By sarah on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 02:11 am:

well, actually he kissed me, my first night there, and the second night i cried and then he told me he loves me and we spent the week full of love and amazement and discovery. it's honest, it's better than any fantasy of what i thought it could ever be like, even when i was very young and thought i could have everything, the fairy tale, it's even better, it's not make believe or euphoric, it's just real, just right, he's my best friend, my confidante, and still not yet even my lover, but one thing at a time, slow, methodical, there's no rush. it's been decided that i'm moving to austin, not too long after surgery, depending on when he can find a place for us to live. i told him i can live without water but not without dirt, and we need two rooms, one to sleep in, and an art/computer room, and enough space for my cats and cooking.

this is it, this is so it. it happened, drama over. now i'm going to be boring for the rest of my life and i'll cook cobbler and bring home cream soda from the store and i'm going to be a goddamn texan and i couldn't be more glad for it all.

oh, and the music was pretty fuckin cool, too.

By Gee on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

wow. cool.

By sarah on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

he called and told his parents this morning.

her response was the equivalent of, "well, DUH." she and i like each other, we send each other email now and then.

my mom and step-dad had already planned on flying down to meet me in austin for the weekend, since i'm on the mainland so infrequently. so we got to tell them in person, over dinner and three bottles of red wine at star canyon restaurant and they were half out of their skulls with excitement. my mom said, "i can come to hawaii at the end of april to help you pack." my stepdad said, "and send us the bill."

can you believe this shit?

j, thanks for the card :)

i gotta get to the office.

By J on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 08:47 am:

Did you wear the hot pants and cowgirl hat?

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 11:26 am:

for you J....anything!

oh

you mean her....

for you....anything

By J on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 11:38 am:

Thanks sweet cheeks:) J loves you too.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

i wore jeans a size too big and a warm sweater and the cowboy hat. i saved the red velvet hotpants for the Swearing at Motorists show. i happened to fly in from memphis sitting next to a kid from bloomington who was also on his way to sxsw. we jabbered excitedly the entire way, and i found out coincidentally that he works for that band's record label and knows the band, which was weird, because that was just some random band that kev picked to see just based on their name.

the band was two guys, a guitar player (picture the whitest, geekiest, skinniest, misfit version of Jimi Hendrix who spazzed out all over the stage while he played) and a drummer. great stuff... the guy could jam.

we also saw David Byrne, which was amazing, Jurrasic 5 (word), DJ Spooky, Pepe Deluxe (the guys from Finland - two DJs and an electric drum machine player, these guys were HOT), Tahiti 80 (french pop music), I Am the World Trade Center, Darin Murphy, Shane Bartell (morrissey meets chris isaacs), a surprise stumble in on a killer old-time texas country and blues band called Paul Burke and the WPA Ballclub (with Burke in a black shirt with big Texan embroidered roses on it...), a killer britpop beatles meets oasis band called Steadman (run, do not walk, to your nearest record store folks), Idlewild - not really my thing, Chomsky - also not really my thing but interesting and very, very loud. oh and of course, Red House Painters, during which i cried, those guys are so incredibly moving, melodic, surreal, lilsting, and diaphanous. yummy. more of that, please. i'm sure i'm leaving out 3-5 other bands but i'm going off the top of me head.

i stood up my own gig at Fray Cafe, though i was looking forward to telling a story and hearing other people's stories... but sometimes you can't tell the story because you're in the middle of living it, which is more important than performance art.

oh, and austin has real outrigger paddling teams (and rowing...) that race on Town Lake.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:21 pm:

oh yeah, and i saw two other bands in the middle of the day while my friend cailin and i were thrifting on south congress. they were playing in a little courtyard cafe behind a small strip of old junk and antique shops. i found an antique sterling silver bracelet... a bunch of small, engraved and etched sombreros hooked together with a little clasp. i talked the lady down from $65 to $30, and as any good shopper knows, this made the retail expedition absolutely victorious despite the fact that i no matter where i went i just couldn't find the right cowboy boots.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

im really hating my body.

i gotta give up something....booze or carbs...or both. i want my heroin skinny back. *hey thats an idea*

By J on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

Don't even go there! I'd do a few more exclamtion marks,but wouldn't want to get bobby's tits tangled.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:26 pm:

maybe a coke habit instead?

id need a raise for that.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

eat less carbs. exercise more. jeezis people, what do i need to do?

By patrick on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 02:42 pm:

no i've got that much. i make a point to take walks at lunch....brisk walks....I take the stairs up from the subway. I do sit ups at home every other night....i and try and sex up the wife whenever possible.

it's just my alcohol consumption, and the rest of the time im on my ass...i think is imbalanced. i dont eat excessive meals.....

By sarah on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 03:46 pm:

i've become addicted to diet dr. pepper. bad bad bad. caffeine + aspartame = premature death

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact