determined where the line went

sorabji.com: What have you done?: determined where the line went
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By amanda on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 10:56 am:

last week i had to stand in a long line to get a big check that is supposed to last me a whole semester.

so... walking in i knew the line would be long. i followed it from the fifth floor all the way down to the third floor, and then i followed it down a long hallway until i got to the end. i sat down behind the last fellow and waited. Twenty minutes later as the hallway crowded and the line wrapped several times i understood that i had made the crucial decision of where the line went. i could have sat to the side of the last man and started the line back up another set of stairs, but no i sat behind and made the line stay in the hallway. who would've thought that a quiet girl like me could determine where the line went?

By N.b. on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

Now that's empowerment!

By Antigone on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

Now you know why a butterfly beating it's wings in the Amazon can make it snow in Texas.

By Hal on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

Amanda, would you be my hero.

By Cat on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:52 pm:

Does it snow in Texas?

Does the pope pee in a stetson?

By Tom on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

answer to both questions: Only when no one's looking.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:58 am:

IT SNOW'S IN TEXAS... HA HA HA HA...

Texans think they are cowboys, I'm from Montana no Texan cowboy knows anything about snow...

Hell they would freeze their ball off up here...

By Czarina on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:09 am:

Are you a cowboy,Hal?

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:12 am:

Everybody goes absolutely fucking crazy here when
    one inch of snow falls. Schools close., I kid you
    not.

But I know real snow. I was caught in the Corn
    Palace in Mitchel, South Dakota during the "Mega
    Storm" of '91. That was snow...

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 06:50 am:

No cowboy here, just know alot of them and their cocky attitude... And I know that if you take a cowboy here vs. a cow boy there well it would be a pretty funny cock fight...

And Antigone is right its hilarious how some states handle snow. When I was in school, it was never called because of snow, not once, and yet in other states I hear of them getting 10 inches of snow and closing roads and schools and the like. Its funny as hell to me because her, people just walk through shit like that, and drive, and go on with our lives. Its not really a big deal, I mean we get feet of snow at a time 4, 5, 6 + feet of snow and its no big deal.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

its the same shit in Atlanta, it stops the whole friggin town down, which was fine with me...as a school kid and as an adult.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:52 pm:

Yeah, I know what you mean. My home town, schools only closed for massive amounts of snow, like several feet, or more frequently, for severe wind chills. I well recall walking home from school in a blizzard, walking backwards to protect my face, and trying to pick a route with the highest snow banks for further protection. In fact, it was like that the day the Challenger exploded. I remember getting home, turning on the tv and seeing this big cloud of smoke. I had just missed the explosion.

That's pretty much my life. "just missed the explosion"

By Antigone on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

I don't remember what the weather was like when
    the Challenger exploded, but I remember who I was
    sitting with: Tyson (who would later sleep with my
    girlfriend while I was away at college) and
    Angela. (my first girlfriend and the first girl I
    ever had sex with)

So my memories of that explosion are inextricably
    bound to sex.

By amanda on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

most everyone was at school that day, but for some reason i wasn't. i was sitting at home in our trashy little trailer in augusta, georgia watching some made for tv mystery and the news kept interrupting. i was pissed off because i didn't get to see if they found the treasure in the fireplace. i guess i'll never know.

blah. i just had georgia flashbacks which aren't very pretty. i recall waking up in my bed in georgia with my stepfather forcing his penis into my mouth. i was six years old when i first experienced oral sex. the fucker.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

August? Im sorry. Ever meet James Brown? Go the Masters?

By J on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 02:40 pm:

Amanda is the pig still alive?When I went back to W.V. at 15,I couldn't handel the snow,wore boots,a long coat with thermal underwear,I never took them off,they decided I had a wooden leg and called me that,it didn't bother me as I thought they were all bumkins,but school was called off when there would be a bad storm.If your stepfather is still alive,you can maybe still put the screws to him,some states have no time limits for the likes of him.

By Hal on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 06:28 pm:

Amanda thats harsh shit for which people like that should recive the "drag, beat and shoot" punishment. Normally I feel that when this is done, its done for some racist reason, or bigoted idea. In those cases its not right, and should be stopped, but in this case that basterd should be drug out into the street beaten, shot, and left to die. Fucking sick fuck.

By Isolde on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 08:57 pm:

The pope pees in his beanie.

By amanda on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 12:33 pm:

i don't know if it is because nothing was done or because i was told that it didn't matter, but i don't want him taken into the street and beaten.

last year my mother told me he was dead. she could have been lying, but i guess it is best to believe that he died. i'm sorry for him. i hate him, but that entails love. what made him do it? i guess he must have been a sad fellow.

By Hal on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 08:08 pm:

True... And following with my little debate in another string... Maybe he shouldn't have been beaten in the streets.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact