made plans to get outta town.....

sorabji.com: What have you done?: made plans to get outta town.....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

we are soooo there

its her birthday on the 13th....and of course valentines day.....

i've decided its worth one more kick in the ass to the credit cards.

the jacuzzi people...its all about the jacuzzi

By Dougie on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 05:59 pm:

Looks real nice. Any fishing there? My advice: get her drunk, leave her snoozing in the jacuzzi and sneak out back to nail some bass.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:04 pm:

This was my cabin vacation last year:

http://www.pepactoncabins.com/

My girlfriend was a real sport about letting me go fishing while we were there -- I was on the river 10 hours a day for a week, and she didn't bitch once.

By patrick on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

oh for sure......Big Bear Lake is known for its fishing. Though I don't own any poles and haven't been fishing since i was a kid. She has already asked to stay in the jacuzzi for an entire day....no sweat of my back...And i think if i were to fish for 10 hours...ID BE THE ONE blotto...wht else do you do when you fish? I'm thinking of doing some hiking.....there is one particular stunning trail that reaches 8k feet over the lake.

this is what it looks like now

its been well over a year since i've seen snow....actually since the last time we were in Big Bear...for new years 2000. I'm obviously excited as a little girl about this....i can sit in my office, look out the window and see the snow caps from here. Its terribly tempting...so this morning i said, fuck it....lets go.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

"wht else do you do when you fish?"

You catch fish, then you catch more fish. In your mind, there's always a bigger, prettier fish right around that bend, or behind that rock on the other side of the river or in that riffle 5 miles away that I saw driving over.

2 more casts, then I'll go. Damn, that was a bad one. Spooked 'em. 2 more good ones. No really, this is the last cast. Wait, let me try this fly -- they're rising to it now. Ok, seriously, last cast.

And before you know it, it's dark.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

Patrick, if you need equipment, go to bigfishtackle.com. You could get a light spinning combo plus tackle for probably under $40.

By Hal on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 12:46 am:

MY BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 12...

God will it suck, just another day sitting on my ass doing nothing and maybe because its my birthday someone will acknowledge me for a few minutes... Boy would that be nice.

By Czarina on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 11:30 am:

Oh Hal,you need to be optomistic!Theres always something good in every situation,sometimes you just have to look a little harder.For instance,instead of Hal,your parents could have named you Cupid.Now don't you feel better?

By TBone on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 05:46 pm:

Come to Missoula. We'll birthday you. We'll eat
    food and watch snowplows. IT's great. They've
    got these huge medians of snow in all the roads,
    so you can't make left turns except on
    intersections unless you've got a beast of a
    vehicle. I do not have a beast, at least not in
    that sense, so I've been going right more lately.

We can bury some cars, too. That's always a hoot.

By Dougie on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 06:58 pm:

On one trip out west, we flew into Butte, and we rented an Jeep Cherokee, driving up north to Glacier and back for 2 weeks, camping and fishing along the way. We stopped in Missoula overnight to stay in a motel and scrub off 2 weeks of dirt before our flight out from Butte the next day. Seemed like a cool town -- U of M is there right?

By Hal on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 08:12 pm:

Thats the place...

TBone, I think I'm going to fax out my resume tonight for that logistic systems job. Its looking like my ticket out of Billings. And I found out I have some family that is looking for someone to rent out a basement apartment in Missoula.

So its worth a shot right...

Oh and Czarina your right, it could always be worse, although I think if I was named Cupid my name would enevitably seem right because of my personality. "I could find everyone a perfect significant other, except myself of course. I can't shoot the arrow the other friggin way." But you are right none the less.

By Czarina on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 01:24 am:

I am absolutely convinced Hal,that there is a special someone out there for you.Sometimes good things are worth waiting for.With your charming personality,I feel sure the fates are busy finding just the right one for you.And that will most definately have made the wait worthwhile.[and meanwhile,keep your quiver armed!]you don't want to take a chance on the right one getting away!

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

Thats why I like you Czarina, I don't know many people with your type of optimism... Its refreshing, and not just some of the time, all of the time...

I guess its just way to depressing sometimes for me to look at it in my personal form of optimism...

Constructive Drunkedness Optimism: The glass is neither half full or half empty. Its half way to the next glass.

By TBone on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 06:57 pm:

Hallyboy...

You're assured to find a nice Missoula chick... I
    tell ya, dating in Billings is like fishing in the
    Butte pit. Take that as you will.

Did you get that thingy faxed off? I just found
    out we're losing another tester... It should make
    you that much more likely to get hired.

By dave. on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 08:37 pm:

can i fucking work there? can i fucking telecommute? why are they still fucking using faxes? faxes fucking suck ass. i could fucking fix that shit. fuck.

By Hal on Monday, February 5, 2001 - 08:59 pm:

Yeah TBone, I sent it out about an hour and a half after you left... If you hear anything let me know, I'm pretty anxious about it... Like I said before I need to get out of this place...

And your anigram about dating in billings is like fishing in the butte pit... Thats probably the best way I've ever heard it described. Thank you my friend for the SE boost.

By TBone on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 12:19 am:

I don't know about the faxes... I (fucking) emailed mine.

Anagram? That was a simile.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 03:19 pm:

Ok... So yes it was a simile, and yes I was stupid enough to fax mine...

I could have emailed it... I just didn't feel like it, I was feeling quite archaic.

By purple on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

i like the simile, and can certify its accuracy.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 6, 2001 - 08:50 pm:

Good then my getting a job in and moving to Missoula will all be worth it right?

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 08:29 am:

I thought you were moving to NYC, Hal? Que paso?

By Hal on Wednesday, February 7, 2001 - 10:21 am:

I'm still up for that too... Right now I'm up for getting the fuck out of the city I'm in, it sucks.

I'm still searching Monster for jobs in NYC, but unfourtunatly there aren't any coming up anywhere, but I still search. TBone found me a job in Missoula, which is only a couple hundred miles away, and a nice place actually. So if I can't find anything NYC side before I hear about this one, I'm probably going 300 some miles north instead of 3000 some east.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact