gone to another message board

sorabji.com: What have you done?: gone to another message board
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:59 am:

and it felt icky, and everyone was so boring, and they never had any fun, and they were just a little bit too polite, and a little bit too pretty to be real, and that's all.
    I confess.
    I learned my lesson.

This place is like Cheers, everyone knows your name. I've been here for over 6 fucking years. That's a long time.
    Here there are hundreds of people, moving in and out. Hundreds of topics. Millions of posts. I can't even read half the crap i wrote a few years ago.
    And we're all here for no real reason. That's the great thing. Most boards are part of some webpage, so people go to the boards to kiss ass or show how cool or hot they are. Too cool.

Where as we have no reason to be here. We follow the life of a mostly depressed piano playing guy in NY who drinks a lot and never talks to us. What is that? Try explaining it to someone. It's crazy. It's perfect.

By Cat on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 02:13 am:

. o O Where was this message board? Let's go forth like missionaries and spread the "fuck you, you ass" word. If the natives won't listen, let's pillage and plunder their land and marginalise them until they are grateful for a small barely habitable corner of the web where they can struggle for survival.

Sorabji Crusade 2001.

By Spider on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 08:11 am:

I lurk around the message board for the Straight Dope column. Lots of interesting things are discussed there. There are something like 15,000 registered users, and most everybody is an expert in something.

It's interesting to compare ethoses of different message boards.

By Hal on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 08:24 am:

I've tried to explain Sorabji to people before. It doesn't work. I think I gave up after like the 2nd try, people just don't understand, hell I didn't understand when TBone showed it to me 5 years ago. And whats funny is it doesn't seem like that long ago but it was.

And fuck I've changed, not necissarly because of the board, but it probably had a hand in it somewhere.

By Spider on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 09:06 am:

By droopy on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:35 am:

you're needed here.

By Czarina on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:43 am:

Well,he may not talk to us,but he eats spinach and pork chops.And that makes it okay.

By Spunky on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:50 am:

Spider, I am glad you are not there.
    Interesting looking board, though

By wisper on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:52 am:

mmmmm....Straight Dope
    what, you want religious discussion Spidey? Is that all you want? bring it.

nevermind what message board i was talking about. It's every message board. Almost.
    And might i also add that this here layout suits me just fine as well. I never thought i could get used to Comic Sans as a font, but now it looks like home. And there's no boxes. And no signature lines. And no goddamn goddawful personal icons. No registration, no passwords, no moderators, no politics, no ads.
    Black.
    White.
    Words.
    No bullshit.

*sob* I love you guys. I was a fool to stray.

let's all hug. C'mon now....

By patrick on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:52 am:

the format here is the best ive ever seen.

all other formats are condusive to incessant slobber.

that post on that other board couldnt be more boring spider.

By Nate on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:56 am:

as an incessant slobberer, i take offense to your words, patty.

and i thought the other board was interesting.

we've had similar dicussions here, though. with more bad words and anal schluping.

some fucking song bird is making a hell of a racket outside. i'm going to go shoot it with a pellet rifle.

By wisper on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:56 am:

other formats look like clutter.
    clutter clutter clutter.

where's the love?

By Hal on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 11:59 am:

Love?

By Czarina on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:05 pm:

Please leave the song bird alone,Nate.It has a special message for you.

By patrick on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

KILL IT GOOD NATE

WHOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

By pez on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

i'm a longtime user of the pythonline and piglatin boards.

but this one is more...
    real.

By Nate on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

is it bob marley day or something?

goddamnit.

i didn't shoot the bird.

By pez on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 03:27 pm:

there was a man at freedy's wearing a bob marley t-shirt yesterday.

it's strange. last week it was mr. t.

By TBone on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 03:10 am:

We aren't more real. We just fake it better.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact