General Fun

sorabji.com: What have you done?: General Fun
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spiral on Wednesday, July 4, 2001 - 09:58 pm:

I went on a nice little hike today, and was rained on a few miles in. It felt glorious!

I'm off to enjoy the fireworks tonight. My best friend and I are going to head out looking damn cute. The hope is to make her feel better about a recent ex.

I realized today that I have never kissed anyone under the Fourth's fireworks. Kind of depressing. I've always thought that would be romantic. You know, like the cheesy shit you see on television in some low-plot teenager trap of a show. Oh well, not exactly a life imperative.

I love the fireworks though. A bit of a pyro, I am. Nothing like the beauty of explosives. Good stuff.

By Nate on Wednesday, July 4, 2001 - 11:57 pm:

that's usually the fireworks you see in your head when you kiss someone.

jesus. it's not something everyone can see. you don't need to wait for the 4th.

i always wondered if 7/4 pisses off the brits.

By pez on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 02:10 am:

i'd ask cat, but she's an aussie.

pyrotechnics...whoooooooo!

tried to shoot groundblooms over the house with a five gallon bucket of water...i don't wait long enough.

i still have a plastic shopping bag full of groundblooms, smokebombs, lightning flashers, sparklers and piccolo petes.

hehheh. hehheh. hehheh.

cool.

By moonit on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 04:50 am:

we celebrate guy fawkes day, which is when Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the english parliment.

i wonder if that annoys them.

dammit nate its 4/7. day. month. year.

By TBone on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 11:10 am:

I got a box of six large somethings from the
    reservation this year called "Crazy Bomb" for $10.
    Big heavy box.

It's described as "1 1/2" Full Red Cracker". It
    might be an insult. I don't know. The box is
    fun. Big, fiery, poorly-drawn explosions send the
    little solier sillouettes flying through the air
    in agonizing positions.

They were, indeed, crazy bombs. Definately a "do
    not hold in hand". Reservation fireworks are the
    best.

Apparissus came back from Japan yesterday too. I
    don't think he'll run out of stories for a long,
    long time.

By Nate on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 11:13 am:

uh, not in the most powerful country on earth, moonit.

furthermore, to the bulk of the populous of the most powerful country on earth, you're an australian.

suck it up, buttercup.

By Oswald Jr. on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

I got a kiss under the fireworks! Dorian gave me a big kiss last nite and tell me I was his love forever and ever and fireworks shot over our head like blue gliter stars. There was fire crackers going off lots of noise. And we were in our own little world he makes me feel so crazy in love.

By wisper on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

show us the box TBone

the fireworks box, i mean.

By TBone on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 12:38 pm:

I'll have to get it back.

I'll do that tonight. There were still some left.

By pez on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

*clapclapclap*

explosions!

i need to buy more fireworks while they're on sale........

By Hal on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

Sparkler Bombs, Home made bottle rocket launching systems, Strobe Flashers, THOUSANDS OF BOTTLE ROCKETS, And the only thing I have left out of everythign I bought is a few colored smoke bombs, and about 25 roman candles...

I love Roman Candles.

By Cat on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 07:09 pm:

I think China is in the yearbook as the "Most Powerful". I hope we don't get the chance to find out I'm right. Dubya has me worried. He's looking at Taiwan and seeing a chance to be a real man.

By Nate on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

if it came down to it, we'd wipe china off the globe.

of course, we'd wipe everyone else off with it, but WE WOULD WIN.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 07:27 pm:

we'd wipe ourselves off too, ya know...

By Cat on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 07:47 pm:

Ya'd have thought ewes would have learned your lesson in Vietnam.

By Nate on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

as the wipers we'd be the winners. that's the point, after all.

if you were lucky enough to catch CNN during the gulf "war" you would have seen how well we learned our lesson.

make sure you spin the war well on TV.

and the second lesson, demonstrated in the balkans?

it's better to bomb the fuck out of civilians than to put US ground troops into guerilla situations.

we are the most powerful nation on earth. and dubya is the most powerful puppet head on earth. and there is nothing you can say that will change this.

By G. W. Fun on Thursday, July 5, 2001 - 11:24 pm:

General Fun!
    General Fun!
    General Fun!
    I know we can count on you, General Fun!
    Or at least we can count on your fingers, General Fun!
    General Fun is the most powerful hand puppet on earth! General Fun!

By moonit on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 01:13 am:

hmph.

thankyou for shattering the illusions of a little girl.

bastard

By pez on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 02:48 am:

it would be fun to dress up as a firecracker for halloween.

By patrick on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 11:35 am:

Goleta campsite dreams.

Full moon and high tides....and yes, i sat there with a half warm beer in my hand and perma grin slapped on my face...while burning toast legs on the beach.

its all largescale wholesale nurseries there.

luscious greens all around. i only fell once scaling the cliff.

nearly broke my foot tossing a ball around. damn petroleum rocks.

russell told of us when dave brubeck used to play for his high school every year.

russell IS California. a modest farmer, jazz lover, cook out eater, wine drinker and the mellowest cat i've ever known.

you should visit the beach, take mushrooms and watch the seals. then stay up all night, out in the yard, and get a moon tan, make your tent a disco...and climb fences to the field next door to watch the fireworks echo off the mountains, 5 second delayed bombs. i did think for about 30 seconds if this is what war sounds like from 2 miles away. BRIGHT...BOOM.....BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT BRIGHT...BOOM BOOM BOOM...BOOM.

i nearly broke my foot and subsequently threw my fucking knee out. today i hobble. the swelling has gone down but it still aches. shit like this alays happens to me...on outings like this. and then, i aquire pitiful nick names...this time it was "gimpy foot". its good i have a sense of humor, as im often the brunt of jokes...in times like this. or is it, i just let them think they have the upper hand, and play the "Norton" role.

Today im home, Im burned to a crisp despite excessive lotion, my calves hurt from the repeatative steep climbs and ive got a gimpy foot.

tonight i have to photograph a gallery opening, and i dont want to...but it will be a credit in Juxtapoz magazine.

man im tired.

By Hal on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 11:52 am:

BOOM!

By pez on Friday, July 6, 2001 - 01:40 pm:

could attempt to arrange hair with kool-aid and elmer's into a wick and dress up in a fancy leotard and fishnets like a pin-up girl. it would be fun.

black eyeliner and red red lips. red stiletto heels.

By Czarina on Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 03:13 am:

Patrick,sure sounds like you got your moneys worth!Hope your parts recoop soon.Nothing like a relaxing vacation.

By pez on Saturday, July 7, 2001 - 03:59 am:

of RIVER MUCKING!!!!!

By Me_robot44444 on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:46 pm:

I love Roman Candles.

By Jesus holmes on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 07:34 pm:

i love rough anal with spit for lube.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact