I'm Officially Single.

sorabji.com: What have you done?: I'm Officially Single.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 12:53 am:

At 26.

I hurt.

By Czarina on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 01:59 am:

Are you okay?

By moonit on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:02 am:

Nope. You should see me. My eyes are so swollen from crying. I look like alienswolleneyegirl.

By Czarina on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:11 am:

Oh hon,I'm so sorry.I know what it feels like.It is the worse feeling in the world.It makes one wish it were the end of the world.

But I do know,from personal experience,that it does get easier to deal with as time moves on.I know thats not much solace right now,but at least its a little glimmer of hope for the future.

Do you want to talk about it?I posted my email addy,if you would rather not discuss it here on the boards.I'm a good listener.

By J on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:14 am:

Moonit,you need to let us scope these bastards out before before you get too fond of them.What can I do to help? I know I didn't spell found right

By moonit on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:21 am:

I sent one rambling message.

Thanks.

Will you be joining J and I when we pick on cowboys when I make it over?

By moonit on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:26 am:

He's not a bastard. We just want different things. And I think thats what hurts the most. To spend a long time together only to have it fall over because we don't have the same long-term goals. I love him. But I want things he can't give. He love' me, but he can't give me what I want.

Whadda I have to do? Hand out a bloody registration form before ever going on a date again?

That was a bad joke.

At least we made the decision together. Now I just have to find a new home. I got custody of the kitten, and I swapped my microwave for a couch so electrical appliance wise I am okay. I just feel blah. Prehaps alcohol is the answer.

By Czarina on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 02:37 am:

I replied to you "meow" addy.I hope that was right?

By Hal on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

Alcohol is not the answer... At least not alone, go drinking with some friends, then its find but don't drink alone for gods sake, thats a bad idea.

We love you moonit, hey we all have the same long term goals here, I know lets have a mass orgy relationship.

By moonit on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

No, i know. I can't anyway until I organise a new home and I need all the cash I can lay my paws on to get one. It's usually two weeks in advance and two weeks bond, so I'll be staying here for a couple of weeks until I've got that sorted, but at least it means I can get a house I really like this time.

I got your email Czarina, thanks, it made me feel better.

Now I just have to face work.

By R.C. on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

Moonit: This wasn't a Crash-&-Burn break-up. You wre both mature & kind to each other/so you don't have much to feel bad abt.

Go out w/yr homegirls & drown yr sorrows. (It's their responsibility to treat you in a situation like this.) Be prepared for a few weeks of terrible loneliness. It's never east to split up w/someone you love.

But at least you can hold yr head up high. You know it wasn't abt either of you cheating on the other one. Neither one of you is slinking around town/dodging the cops becuz you threw anyone's t.v. out the window/or smashed in the headlights onfanyone's car/or took a few pot shots at the bedroom window of the skeezer he was 2-timing you with/or shaved off all his dogs' fur...

(Sorry -- TMI, I know...)

And when you see him again/you can say "Hey, what's up?! Good to see you!" & really meant it.

You'll be okay. We'll all see to it.

(But jeez - why didn't you ask to keep the crib & let him move out? Or at least insist on staying until you got yr $$ right?)

By sarah on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 08:49 pm:

moonit, i'm so sorry that your heart is broken.

but hey, all the more reason to come to new orleans. we'll cure what ails ya.

By Eri on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

Moonlit. I am sorry that you are hurting right now. I wish I had some words to help. You did the right thing.

Being single can be fun, once the hurt is dulled. When you're ready, come on out to K.C. and I will treat you to a night at the clubs :p
    I always have fun at the clubs

By Hal on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 02:18 am:

Moonit we care about you, I know about the hurt just about as much as anyone... Mine still is around my head like a little cloud and it doesn't go away for me because i'm stupid enough to still keep relations with her, because somewhere in my skull is some idea that we can still be together at some point in time or another, and if it ever happens, whohooooo... But it probably won't I'm not that lucky a guy.

If I ever get the chance to travel over to your land of wonder we'll go out on the town and drink till we can't see straight, and our legs don't work right.

By moonit on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 03:48 am:

you guys so rock.

thx.

i don't really like the house we're in now, so really i get the better deal housewise ; ) I just hate looking, at all the gross places and trying to beat the others looking for a new home.

Jules is coming down next month so thats when we'll be getting well and truly fucked-up. Sharon leaves this weekend for two weeks in Papa New Guinea, so when she gets back I'll be in a new home, which will be so wierd.

Bex, one of the girls at work, has offered to come flatting with me - she's 19, and incredibly sweet - we work in different departments so it would probably work out alright, but I think I'll just look to make me happy, and if she wants a room she can move in, and if she doesnt - well thats fine too.

God this is weird.

By patrick on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 11:26 am:

so like.....

who got the sex toys?

what?

WHAT?????

flatting?

By Hal on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

Flatting, you know looking for appartments...

And the sex toys went to the next door neighbor, they were hers anyway.

By moonit on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 02:10 am:

heh Hal.

Flatting - renting - letting. ya know.

You'd think by now you'd understand my language.

; )

By Pug on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 09:57 am:

Alcohol is the answer to everything.

By J on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 11:24 am:

I second that.......burp.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 11:45 am:

well you say "flatting with me" and then go on to say "if she wants a room thats cool too".

implying they are two different things.

that wording made me think it was something different.

something potentially kinky.

By Spider on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 12:45 pm:

Goofball.

;)

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

Personally, I think I would prefer letting with someone, but maybe that's just me.

By moonit on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 02:51 am:

At the moment I can't speak/walk/function properly. Please excuse the fuckedupness of my posts.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact