Let her go.

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Let her go.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 11:09 am:

Well, it is over.
    Erin had the respirator turned off for her grandma Tuesday night, and we all stood next to
    grandma and held her hand as she passed away....

By agatha on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 11:23 am:

how sad.

i hope she died peacefully.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 11:59 am:

Very sorry for your loss, Trace & Eri.

By eri on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 12:23 pm:

She did go peacefully. While she was still breathing she opened her eyes and mouthed the words "I love all of" but she didn't have the strength to finish. The song "Sing halleluja to the Lord" was playing when they removed the respirator and when she finally passed.

I know she is happy now. She went in peace. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I know it was the right thing. It was what she wanted.

The doctor finally gave me something to help, but I still want to cry all of the time. I miss her so much already. Aside from my husband and children, she was the closest person to me. Now all I have are memories. Thank God I have a whole lot of those.

By J on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

I'm sorry Eri.

By Hal on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

At least you have memories, I hope I never have to make the choice you did because I don't think I could be as strong a person as you and make that right decision.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope that things are well.

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

love is the ability to forget our own selfish desire to keep a loved one around and let them pass. i watch this every day at work. you made a good decision, don't question it.

By pamela on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

FB!!! How are you? I heard that you got married again?

Anyway, this is not the thread to discuss this so I will create another one solely to catch up with you...

and Eri, I am so sorry for your loss. At least you got to be with her in her last moments and now she is at peace.

By eri on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 09:08 pm:

Thank you everyone for your support.

I don't question my decision. It was what she wanted and that is what is important. It was my honor to be able to be with her during the end.

Please don't think that it was because I am so strong. It wasn't. It was simply because I loved her so much and wanted to honor her wishes. Truth, love, honesty, and honor are some of the most important things that she taught me. Most of my values were from her.

I was extremely naive and ignorant going into adulthood. I didn't get guidance from my parents. She gave me that. She taught me how to cook meat (I was a vegetarian before I got married). She taught me how to clean (didn't learn that from mom). She taught me how to make a dollar stretch (definately not my parents). She taught me how to stand up for myself, my beliefs and how to take pride in myself and my values. I thing that was the most important thing. My mother taught by fear and used guilt trips to get her way. My grandmother taught me reason and taught me to stand up for right from wrong. I am who I am today, because of her.

I was the lucky one. For 27 years I got to be very close to her.

By Czarina on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 01:14 pm:

Eri,I'm really sorry for your loss.I know how difficult it is to loose someone you loved.But she'll always be with you.And it sounds like she shared some pretty terrific stuff with you,so she must have found you pretty special.You were both lucky,to have each other.

By Dani on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 01:51 pm:

Sorry for your loss Eri.

By Fetidbeaver on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

i'm fine pamela. the marriage is great. i don't have net connection now so i am only around when i get on someone's computer--which is infrequently. i see nothing has changed here. patrick is having one of his political tirades and nate continues to mind fuck him. hi everybody! i don't know when i'll make it back again, so bye everybody!

By patrick on Friday, October 26, 2001 - 03:15 pm:

no mindfucks for me.

By R.C. on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 03:16 am:

I'm sorry that yr grandmother's gone, Eri.

But the things you said about her here are a great tribute to her & the life she lived. It's obvious she was una mujer de gran calidad.

My prayers are w/you. Skip the drugs if you can. It's always been odd to me that Western cultures are the only ones on the plant that medicate people when they're grieving.

Mouring shdn't last any longer than grief. But how you grieve/& how long it takes you/are nobody's business but yr own.

By eri on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 10:29 am:

Thank you R.C.

The drugs are only a temporary thing. I have gone into a major depression over this, and this is to help me to function while we finish things up. Then I will quit taking them. I promise. Fortunately, I am still able to grieve even with them. I can still feel the pain and sorrow, but it is just more under control. It is hard to lose the closest person to. She was truly my best friend (outside of my hubby of course).

I will be allright. I just need time.

By eri on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 10:44 am:

We brought her cat home to us last night. Our puppy kept him penned under the bed all night. He is so lost. Fortunately, he is letting us pet him and talk to him, but he is totally lost.

We told Hayley that Punkin was her cat now. She is doing great, talking to him, offering to feed him, etc. etc. Micki is trying to comfort him. The kids are being great.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact