almost cried

sorabji.com: What have you done?: almost cried
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 05:01 pm:

If i wasn't in a public place i probably would have flipped the table i was sitting at.

read

By heather on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 05:26 pm:

what a fucking mess

"Essentials such as milk, bread, diapers, fruit, vegetables and cigarettes are running low"

the author must be a smoker

By patrick on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

wouldnt you under those circumstances?

By semillama on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:19 pm:

a possible scenario: At some point, Israel will
    really fuck up and start putting people in
    concentration camps. Then they'll start killing
    everyone. then dirty nukes will start going off in
    Jerusalem. then world war III will really go off.

i will probably be somewher in Canada or
    New Zealand or AUstralia by the time it gets
    that bad. The hell I'm staying here when the
    nukes start flying.

Of course, that's just a scenario i cooked up in
    my brain.

Maybe Nato should step in? Maybe there's no
    solution.

By wisper on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:16 pm:

sem, i was just thinking of that! all last week i
    couldn't sleep, trying to figure out where i
    could go if things started to really get bad. I
    know, i live in canada, but it's still too close for
    me. The border is a mere 2 hours away, and if
    NY or washington was hit with a bomb, we
    would be affected. And Australia is too close to
    China, and europe is not a good idea either... i
    was really scared for a bit. I figure northern
    russia may be safe at this point, or the very
    southern points of africa and south america.
    But i don't know.

Sometimes i just want to leave right now.
    You can live with me, though, if i'm still around
    here ;)

By moonit on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:35 pm:

New Zealand.

fuckwits.

By Nate on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 11:47 pm:

" Maybe Nato should step in? Maybe there's no
    solution. "

I read Nato as Nate.

it's usually NATO.

or Nate-o.

both sides are hellbent. we're better off keeping some whitefolk in the region.

go israel.

i ain't no antisemite like half the people on this board.

epecially herr waffekinder.

By drpy on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 01:37 am:

shee-it. if a nuclear bomb comes mah i'll be sittin' out on the front poach raisin' a glass-a bourbon to it.

By Spider on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 11:01 am:

My mom came down from Boston to go to the pro-Palestinian march in DC yesterday. I went with her, and we watched from the sidewalks until she saw some friends of hers from the Unitarian church she goes to. They invited us to march with them (they were carrying anti-war and anti-Bush signs), and we did. It was educational.

By patrick on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 11:49 am:

antisemite?

oh stop being ridiculous nate.

"At some point, Israel will
    really fuck up and start putting people in
    concentration camps."

uhh. its been reported they have destroyed homes with people in them, civilians. run people over in tanks. cut off water supplies, prevent the red cross from treating the wounded, rounded up men ages 15-50, tortured and detained them. shot civilians point blank. all these accusations are flying around. im sure some are true, some arent. isnt that enough?

I don't think UN will step up to the plate, nor would the US let the UN step up to the plate and put UN peacekeepers there.

NATO isnt going to do shit. Its an utter failure on US foreign poliy to let this go on. Its an utter embarrassing shame.

Something else you should chew on. I saw an except from a Jimmy Carter op ed piece in which he reminds us that US weapons sold to ISrael are only to be used for defensive purposes, where its been reported that US weapons were used in the recent offensives. Supposedly this should push us to cease arms shipments. eh?

By eri on Sunday, April 21, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

I was watching a piece on Israel and Palestine. It wasn't about the things that Isreal was doing, but rather a story about a man who was almost killed by a gunshot wound to the head. He was an American walking on the street and a Palestinian man walked up and shot him in the head and left him to die. He was saved, by some miracle. His daughter married some military man who became some sort of ambassador in Israel. She decided that she wasn't going to just let this pass. She posed as a reporter and did research and found the family of the killer. She "interviewed" them. Listened to this family praise their son (who was in prison for the shooting) for nearly killing her father. They didn't know who she was. She kept visiting them and grew very close to them. They named one of the grandkids after her. She was given religious pieces symbolizing that she was a member of the family. She truly grew to love the people and wrote letters to this man in prison and kept up communication. In one letter he wrote that he learned how what he did was wrong and that he would never attempt to kill anyone again. When it came time for his parole hearing,she went. The whole thing was almost over when she went to speak (it was like a trial and they put the shooter on the stand). The judge was getting pissed off, because what right did a reporter have to speak in this case. At that point she revealed who she was, looked at the shooter and said, you made me a promise in your letter, as at pact of honesty between our two families, I expect you to hold it, and pled to the judge to have him released. He was. There was later footage of both families together on the Gaza strip.

The thing about that was that you could see in the pictures where homes and businesses have been gone over by tanks and bulldozers. You could see it in the background. You could see in earlier interviews where their water was shut off and she brought them supplies to help take care of the babies and the elderly in the family.
    You could see a lot of these things going on in the background.

Personally, I don't doubt that most of it is true.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 07:35 pm:

Send NATE-O in.

He'll whip them into shape.

LS

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact