Oh my God. I'm 24!

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Oh my God. I'm 24!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 04:39 pm:

I forgot to tell you....today is my birthday!

Wish me well, damnit. GO ON.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 04:41 pm:

Buon Compleanno, Ragno Della Regina. Lo spero sono buon.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 04:42 pm:

Sorry, my Italian is a little rusty.
    I meant to say, Happy Birthday Queen Spider.
    I hope it is a good one.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 04:45 pm:

Molte grazie a te!

Sei quasi giusto. è attualmente "Regina dei Ragni"-- you said Spider of the Queen. :)

By spunky on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

Ooops
    Bene, sono sicuro che siete ancora una regina, anche se è di appena una. Giro trenta di sei mesi....

By Senor El Douglassio on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 05:28 pm:

Feliz cumpleanos, Spider y mucho mas!

By patrick on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

so what are you doing tonight??? surely the red carpet is being rolled out somwhere and your going to break your two drink rule, right?

By Nate on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 08:32 pm:

i'm about to break her two drink rule right now.

By Nate on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 08:34 pm:

in honor of your birthday, of course, spider.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 09:08 pm:

Happy birthday Spider!!

By TBone on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 10:40 pm:

rock out, Spider.

You kick my ass, in a good way.

Bappy Hirthday

By agatha on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:02 pm:

happy birthday, sweet girl.

By dave. on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 11:17 pm:

yup.

By J on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:42 am:

Yyou are really something Spider,you are unique,did I tell you, your wonderful?

By LoneStranger on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:29 am:

happy belated birthday.

LS

By moonit on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:53 am:

Happy B'day Spidergirl

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 08:47 am:

Awww, thanks, guys! Droopy was right -- the love is here. :)

You know what I did last night? I went to a diner with my roommate, played scrabble (and won), went to the mall and bought my mom a present, and came home and fell asleep at 10 pm. I was too tired to do anything else. Sorry to disappoint you.

When I was a kid, I used to practice saying I was a year older a few months before my birthday, to get used to my new age, but I stopped doing that when I was 22. So I never got used to being 23. And now when I think about 24, I still feel like I should be 22.

By semillama on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 09:39 am:

happy birthday spider.

no cake, though?

By Antigone on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 09:48 am:

You know what they call that, rhi?

Senility.

Happy b-day, tho. :)

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:34 am:

Heh. Thanks. ;)

No, no cake. I did have apple pie at the diner, though.

I scored big at Scrabble with my last word, JOUSTED, on a triple word score, using all my letters. Victory!

So...is there online Scrabble that we could all play?

By dave. on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 10:48 am:

there is. my best word was 'upending', 2 triples and all my letters for 176 points. i was beaming.

By eri on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 11:07 am:

I totally suck at Scrabble, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SPIDER!

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

"I went to a diner with my roommate, played scrabble (and won), went to the mall and bought my mom a present, and came home and fell asleep at 10 pm. I was too tired to do anything else. Sorry to disappoint you. "

nate we should roadtrip and get this girl out for a good time. god damn spider, you deserve so much more. what will you do when your roomate goes?

and why are YOU buying presents on your birthday?

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

ive been inquiring about the ongoing game of scrabble that dave, agatha, and sarah have hinted at for a couple of years now and no one ever responds to me.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

I bought something for my mom because I saw it and thought she'd like it. She'll take care of me when she comes to visit me tomorrow night.

Despite my frequent postings here, I'm really busy at work and have been exhausted for the past two weeks. I'm not up for a good time ... I just want to sleep.

Dave, I want in on this Scrabble game. Tell me how.

By Platypus on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:09 pm:

feliz cumpleanos.

I want in on scrabble too. I ended up playing with some people I didn't know at the coffeehouse the other day. It was rather odd. I also lost quite shamefully.

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:17 pm:

you really really really really really need a little time on the darkside spider, despite every conventional, rational, sound thought you think you have.

By The Watcher on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

Happy Belated Birthday Spider!!!

Next friday will be my and my wife's twenty seventh wedding anniversary. I can't believe we've been togeather this long.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:08 pm:

Thank you, eri, platypus, and Mr. Watcher!

Patrick - I think I have thoughts? :P

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

*squirms*

"despite every conventional and sound rationale, you think you have for not doing so"

there, does that make any sense.

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:42 pm:

happy birthday, spider.
    sorry i'm late.
    hope you had fun, sounds like a relaxing day.
    scrabble is great.
    speed scrabble is maybe better.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

Thanks, Ophelia! I did have fun. :)

Patrick, just admit it. You want to be the one responsible for showing me the dark side, don't you?

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

yes. oh yeah. definitely. for years now spider. no secret about that.

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:58 pm:

ah, shut up. you know its true, no use trying to hide it now.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:02 pm:

I know, really! Some people just can't be subtle.

By the way, Dave thinks I'm a true goth chick, so that's got to count for something, right?

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:05 pm:

um, well that depends on how much weight you give to Dave's opinion.

weigh his against pat's.

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

what the fuck are you two crackpots talking about?

i was completely forthright and hid nothing.

im just blown away by your content nature that a diner with your roomate and scrabble is an acceptable way to spend your 24th BD. Your youth is wasting away spider!!!! you have the rest of your life to be square. you're too bright to be kept from the world.

By Ophelia on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

"kept from the world"?

um, so if you get very drunk this is called facing the world?

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

Ophelia, im not that shallow or narrow-minded.
    im certainly not soley referring to the consumption of alcohol so hush up. in fact thats really not what i meant by that at all.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:33 pm:

Well, then, what? I did what I wanted to do. What I didn't do, I didn't do because I didn't want to do.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

God, I miss Droopy.

By patrick on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:34 pm:

nevermind. i should know by now its futile.

By Spider on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:37 pm:

Bright boy.

By eri on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 04:58 pm:

What is wrong with wanting to just take it easy for your birthday? Life has enough stress, that sometimes it is nice to just do jack shit. A diner and board game can be fun, if that is what you want.

By agatha on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 08:51 am:

email mark about scrabble. i have no control.

By patrick on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:37 am:

HA! thats funny.

By Nate on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:46 am:

i played this so-called scrabble years ago.

it exists, i am sure of it. i've seen it with mine own eyes.

i really don't think spider wants to meet me face-to-face, patty. otherwise, i'd be all for it.

instead i think i'm going to roadtrip to B.C., and hit up sorabji.com's favorite nuclear family on the way.

unless they really don't want to me face-to-face either.

By Spider on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 11:54 am:

It's not you, it's me. Honest.

By patrick on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

thats a shame spider. really.

i've heard of dave's ability to create a shitstorm. i had no knowledge of his nuclear abilities.

ive completely under estimated him all this time.

By Ophelia on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

sorry if i underestimated you pat. i was just noticing that you first suggested that spider break her two drink rule. thats all my statement was based on.

By patrick on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

please.

my name is patrick. i really really really really cant stand pat. i can barely deal with with patty but i also realize asking not be called that will only result in the monkey-assed initive to further call me that.

seriously. im talking to you as calmly and straight forward as possible.

i once socked my older brother, when i was 8 (he was 15) in the jaw when he was taunting me with "patricia patricia". of course that resulted in a bigger pounding but it was worth it.

just please....use my name, ok? call me anything derogatory, but dont butcher my name. mmK?

By Ophelia on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

ok. sorry.

By Ophelia on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 12:51 pm:

i have a buddy patrick who i always call pat, so its just a habit. i'll stop, tho, if its a problem.

By Cat on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 06:51 pm:

You can play Scrabble on www.playsite.com. And Monopoly.

I beat Mark at Monopoly. Heh.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact