Created a fictional enemy.

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Created a fictional enemy.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Henry Kissinger on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 04:54 pm:

Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government.

By Hermann Goering on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.

By Julius Caesar on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 04:56 pm:

Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.

By spunky on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 05:00 pm:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA, was conceived in the Nixon administration. The Carter administration further developed the program but it didn't really get teeth until Reagan stepped into office. From 1982-84 Colonel Oliver North assisted FEMA in drafting its civil defence preparations. Details of these plans emerged during the 1987 Iran-Contra scandal. They included executive orders providing for suspension of the constitution, the imposition of martial law, internment camps, and the turning over of government to the president and FEMA in the event of a national crisis.
    In April 1984, President Reagan signed Presidential Directive Number 54 that allowed FEMA to engage in a secret national "readiness exercise" under the code name of REX 84. The exercise was to test FEMA’s readiness to assume military authority in the event of a "State of Domestic National Emergency" concurrent with the launching of a direct United States military operation in Central America. This much desired emergency never came, despite several provocations.

Consider this, then add in the Patriot Act and the Department of Homeland Security.

By spunky on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 05:03 pm:

I found this shit here.
    Hogwash, to be certain, but it did get me thinking about the war on terrorism.
    Lots of similarities, dont you think?

By Paul Joseph Watson on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 11:20 am:

"Hogwash to be certain" - do you mind actually providing some evidence for this stance or can't you be bothered? By the way, I am the person that wrote the 5,000 word, sourced, article.

Be seeing you.

By spunky on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 12:33 pm:

Are you saying you have facts that can prove the the world governments, including the US are actively involved in creating a global UFO Invasion conspiracy?

Where in the UK are you?

By spunky on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 12:53 pm:

I have been involved in my own personal research, and that is how I ran across your site.
    Surely you are used to critisism by now, correct?
    i would really like to know if you are who you say you are, or some regular on this site trying to yank my chain.

By Paul Joseph Watson on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

Yes, I am the author. Send me an E mail if you don't believe me. I found this page when browsing referral links to my article.

Governments have used the UFO scam for decades to cover up clandestine spying operations, specifically in China. China now has thousands of scientists who are also Ufologists. Connect the dots.

They have also used it to veil black projects like the F-17 Stealth Bomber.

The 'Flying Triangle' UFO flap has been used since at least the mind 1980's as a cover for Aurora and similar programs.

So-called 'Alien Abductions' are often carried out by military personnel (MILABS).

Read Gregory Kanon's book 'The Great UFO Hoax' for an excellent overview.

PJW.

By Nate on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 03:42 pm:

hi paul,

spunky says 'hogwash to be certain' because otherwise we'd rip him a new one.

like the time spunky revealed his theory about a number of ufo sightings being, in actuality, santa doing mid-year resource runs in his sled.

he is US military personel, though, so cut him some slack. product of US public schools, if you know what i mean.

By spunky on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 07:36 pm:

thanks nate

By Nate on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 08:37 pm:

no problem, spunk.

By spunky on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 12:19 am:

Well, I have exchanged email with PJW, and now I do believe he is the webmaster of that website...
    While I do not doubt that the US is indeed making plans to use 9/11 as a method of reducing our rights and liberty (it has already started, of course), I just cannot swallow the Men from Mars approach.

You wanna know what I think is going on?
    Re-distribution of wealth and map re-drawing.
    The US government did not need to wait for a report from the Rand think tank to figure out the Saudi's are not completely our ally.
    I think we are going for direct ownership of the oil fields instead of a "strategic alliance".
    Our troops are going to stay in Afghanistan until we believe the area is "safe" enough to build the pipeline we wanted.
    We aren't there to make sure Afghanistan has a functional, democratic government...

The question I have yet to answer is this, how much did the US know, and who knew it?
    I am not ready to believe that Bush knew the nuts and bolts about what was to happen, but if there was some plot in the works to reduce resistance to removal of liberty and rights, and someone on that planning committee caught wind of what was coming, and so they suppressed it?

I dunno.
    But the world is not what is seems, but letting paranoia get the best of us is not going to help.

By Paul Joseph Watson on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

By Antigone on Monday, August 12, 2002 - 08:37 pm:

Stick aroubd for a while, Paul. You fit in here.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 09:19 am:

you know, i could go on a huge rant about the
    aliens and the COnspiracy and all, you know I
    could, but I just don't feel like it. Call me lazy.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 09:49 am:

What stance would you take, if you had more rest,
    Semi?
    If it was my site, and I said the exact same things PW said, you all would be going ape shit at me right now.

Which tells me it is not the subject you rail agains, but the individual who shares thier opinion on the subject.

By Margret on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 11:20 am:

oh fer godssakes. couldn't it be mood? alignment of the planets? an overweaning appreciation of spelling? style? when you say individual, did you mean the narrative convention which allows you to refer to moments in your past as YOUR memories even though you bear little resemblance to the person who lived through them? i cannot stand the lack of lyric and the referential imprecision in that whine! sit down, and shut the fuck up if all you can do is feel sorry for yourself about how all of the strangers on the mean board don't give you the respect you feel you deserve. i would have ignored you as i'm ignoring pw if you'd posted what pw posted; you managed to attract my attention by being a big cry baby. and, yes, i've always preferred thoughts...measured, reasoned thoughts...to opinions. i don't remember ever railing against you before, but now....ahhhh....now.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 11:38 am:

spunk, he has a collection of speculative, and opinionated news articles, many of which are borne outside the US, in the liberal British press.

so what.

im not sure if they collectively "prove" anything.

Just scan the headlines. They all use some sort of speculative word such as "may" "seemingly" "potentially".

there may or may not be something to it.

such a large and looming conspiracy theory that id really rather not waste any time thinking of.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

It is intersting, however, to see how other people view the events that are happening.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

'They have also used it to veil black projects like the F-17 Stealth Bomber."

F-117 Stealth Fighter.
    B-2 Stealth Bomber.
    When I was at Whiteman I had the pleasure of seeing those B-2s up close and personal.
    Ever see one fly at night?
    Looked just like those "triangles" that you see depicted in Sci-Fi and X-Files. Oh, and on the Discovery Channel's "UFOs-Fact or Fiction".....

By semillama on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:24 pm:

It's amazing how in front profile, those things
    are saucer shaped.

Anyway, spunky, I probably would have read
    more of the site if it was yours, because you
    post here a lot and I would be more motivated
    to look at it. I was just saying I was too lazy to
    look at that site at that moment. Hope that
    makes you feel better.

By spunky on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

It does.
    But I was not trying to sound like a crybaby.
    Sorry if I came across that way.

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 01:41 pm:

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 01:53 pm:

This would explain our reluctance to call Pakistan on supporting terrorists.

Turkman & Pakistan agreed to the oil pipe in July of 2001.

The Taliban in Afghanistan did not agree to it, and the financial backing of the pipeline could not be secured while the Taliban were in control in Afghanistan.

Here is some more

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 01:56 pm:

Maybe this is our answer to Opec.

By Nate on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 03:08 pm:

ding! i made toast!

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

???

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 05:07 pm:

If it makes anyone here feel better, you were right.
    Welcome to WWIII.

"I don't know which weapons World War III will be fought with, but I know that World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" - Albert Einstein.

By dave. on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

yes, i feel all better now. thanks.

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

If it were that easy

By patrick on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

why's your bitch so eager to defy the world and destroy Iraq spunk?

He may be on vacation, but his cronie Rice is spouting some of the most laughable hogwash thus far.

Wasnt one of his major campaign points against nation building?

Bailed on that quicker than his dad did with "no new taxes".

By semillama on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 09:09 pm:

He meant "no nation building in countries that
    have nothing to do with oil."

By spunky on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 09:54 pm:

who said bush was my bitch?
    i think it is the other way around...

By Antigone on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 10:22 pm:

Bitch is your bush?

By Cat on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 10:39 am:

lallalallalla

By spunky on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 11:52 am:

Restraining?

By Cat on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 06:28 pm:

Nah. You blokes have being having this same argument in various guises for years. It's like watching a ferris wheel.

By moonit on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 10:58 pm:

They can't help themselves. I'm sure its one of those patrotic duty things, or an amendment or something. Commandment?

By patrick on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 12:56 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact