A Bang Up Job

sorabji.com: What have you done?: A Bang Up Job
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 01:40 pm:

Do you see this?

is this liberation?

It just gets better and better every day!

A bang-up job Mr Bush!

As the populus continues to get the shaft of 'liberation' rammed up their ass and US troops get more and more trigger happy (read: nervous) the real fun begins.

Does everyone see this?

Do you think this is an accepted level of instability for the situation?

Do you feel better?

Are you confident things will pan out?

Is everyone happy?

(trace, though i dont care if you post, i actually would like others' opinions, like spider's, dave's, sarah's and anyone else. its been ages since i started a thread of this nature and im determined not let it spiral into the usual bullshit with you. i know where you stand. i dont care to hear it. for once i actually want to know how others are taking these developments because you, tiggy and myself have done a 'bang up job' at alienating most others on this board in topics of this nature.)

By eri on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

Frankly I don't understand it. I don't get why they can't protest for better wages. I don't understand why it had to turn so violent.

I have never felt confident about how things would pan out and I doubt if I ever will. Even when it is all said and done (which I don't believe will happen in my lifetime) I still don't think I will be happy or confident about all that has transpired.

As far as your question about an acceptable level of instability, I just plain don't know enough to answer it. I just plain don't know enough to make any kind of statement regarding it. I just know that I don't like what I see, but I am in no position to judge.

And I don't know if anyone actually buys the whole liberation thing, or if they just cling to it so they don't constantly question their own conscience. Either that or they don't buy it but they don't care, which is all too common these days.....not caring.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

you are in a position to judge as a citizen eri. i think its your responsibility to have an opinion. its acceptable to change that opinion, but at least have one because this war was committed in your name as US citizen.

I think it turns violent because you have angry protesters who once had jobs and now don't as a direct result of the invasion of the very soldiers standing in front of them with a bayonetted machine to their throats. Its hot. Its easy to get testy and all it takes is one rock or one gun to go off before it sprials to shit. One side is hungry and broke, the other is nervous and out of place. Delicate comes to mind.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:25 pm:

"Do you think this is an accepted level of instability for the situation?"

Do you mean "acceptable" level? I don't think there's an answer to that question.

"Do you feel better?"

No.

"Are you confident things will pan out?"

No.

"Is everyone happy?"

No.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:30 pm:

yes spider, thats what i meant.

(god dammit i proofread that post too)

By eri on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

I am not saying that I don't have any right to judge at all, and somehow I predicted that you would say that Patrick. It's simply that I don't know enough to make a judgement. Any judgement I would make at this point would be based solely on what I have seen at Sorabji, a couple of pictures, other peoples statements, and I would be a Sorabji sheep. If I am going to make a judgement, I need to know more, which is my own fault, with too much going on to pay attention, but I need to know more before I take any position (even if it is that this whole world is fucked so what's the point).

I have been avoiding this issue mostly to avoid my own feelings about it. Not the smartest thing to do, I know, but I get so upset that sometimes I just need to step away for a while, and therefore don't know enough to make judgements. That's all it is. Really. I have made myself out of touch and to make a decision on all that is going on based on one picture which upsets me would be naive. Just like if I looked at this picture and said that those protesters needed to just get their shit together. Naive and ill sighted. I don't want to talk out of my ass and regret it later.

Basically I agree with Spider.

By semillama on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 06:49 pm:

it's going to get worse before it gets better. WE just need to make sure that the time is starts getting better is 2004, not 2008.

By eri on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

Are we going to have any options that actually will make sure it starts getting better? I don't particularly think that any comptent person in office will actually change things. I don't know why. Maybe it is just my cynical view of things now and my trust issues.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

Alright, I stayed out of this for while.
    I have to say I do not beleive it matters who is in the white house anymore.
    I truely think we are simply going through a transition to the next phase.

By BIGKev on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 08:19 pm:

what is that phase? and how does it differ from the previous/current one.

"A bang-up job Mr Bush" damn right!!! never taken overa country so fast before, yeehaa [thats sarcasm, btw, just dont want anyone yelling at me or anything]

"Are you confident things will pan out?" to the satisfaction of the populous? NO absolutly not

"Is everyone happy?" No, i would think that no-one is happy, 'cept the bush clan... but you cant even be sure of that...

By semillama on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:27 am:

Business as usual

How's that for an honest man? Speak out against dictators that abuse human rights in public, and conveniently have a selective memory about who that really applies to.

By patrick on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

lets liberate!

By Rowlf on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

the next phase has already begun...

Its called the Project for the New American Century...

and its the new version of Hitlers Third Reich.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

By patrick on Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 07:46 pm:

By semillama on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 03:56 pm:

By patrick on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

that first link is gold.

By spunky on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

"If you blame America first crowd want to do something useful you should look around the world for other murderous leaders and government (Rawanda, Somalie pick your African Country, North Korea). Protest them, try to change the world for the better instead of attacking the one country in the world who does anything about the injustices that happen (america is responsible for over 50% of all charity/support to underdeveloped countries). America is not perfect and we are not able to stop all injustice, but at least we do something."

I kind of like that.
    Stop bitching and picking apart a country that, while not perfect and makes mistakes DOES something, rather then pay it lip service, like the UN "feed the hungry" groups that talk about ending starvation over a lobster dinner..

By semillama on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 05:26 pm:

You know what Spunky? I'm not a citizen of those other countries. I'm a citizen of this one. And when it starts going straight to hell, you better believe I am not going to stop bitching. Blame America first? more like Take Responsibility for our own actions. Your analogy is like saying we should stop harassing all those child molesting priests because after all, they've been providing comfort to the rest of their parishoners.

The Germans went quietly along too.

Clinton may have been an ass, but compared to the damage being wrought by Bush, he's a frickin' Lincoln.

By patrick on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

oh jesus spunk, don't be ridiculous. Think about what you're saying....its asinine.

By Rowlf on Friday, June 27, 2003 - 06:25 pm:

don't be an apologist spunky...

don't be Goebbel...

and don't be a hypocrite...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact