voted

sorabji.com: What have you done?: voted
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

I for one am nervous. I mean true it's only my state on the line here, but still. People are sort of milling around in the street here looking confused and lost, the hippies are protesting again at town hall, the cops are mingling with the common folk and all is bedlam.

I'm about to go to work but I dropped by the polls and voted first. Now what?

We're holding an election/end of the world party tonight to follow results. This is going to be interesting.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Are you going to fill us in later on how you voted?

By Platypus on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 03:59 pm:

Not that I am an accurate predicter of California voting trends, but:

Yes on recall.
    Bustamante (I felt that voting my conscience in this election would have been giving a vote to ahhnold.)
    No on 53.
    Yes on 54. (So fucking shoot me. I actually had a lot of debate about this one because I did agree with the argument that it would negatively impact health statistics across the state. However, I feel firmly that race and gender should not play a role in university admission, hiring, etc. I would like to see some measures aimed at improving low income schools which tend to have a high minority population. I've argued about this prop with friends for weeks and I am still unsure about it. But the ballot's in the box now...)

I also got an "I Voted" sticker, which I think is pretty cool. Also noted that most of the voters were elderly. Hardly anyone under 45 in the polling place. Perhaps it was the early hour?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 04:27 pm:

i'm obviously not voting.

my aunt cc'd the world with a forward of the moveon.org email. i replied to all with a fullbore rant on why you won't find me at the polls.

i don't know what that has to do with anything.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:10 pm:

i will vote later.

no on the recall
    Camejo just in case. I may toss a vote for Huffington as a form of applause for her efforts. it will be a last minute decision.

Ive had a lot of my ordinarily progressive friends try and get me to vote for Bustamante in the last hour. Fuck that. I voted strategically in 2001 and felt horrible giving that douchebag Gore a vote. I dont see it as wasting a vote, or giving a vote to Arnold. If he's to be Gubnah, my vote isnt the breaking vote. If anything, Im helping to put a third on the map with growing consistancy for the future. So its long term. The Greens have gained considerable momentum in CA over the last 20 years. That has to continue.

No on both props.

Both props contain mucho uncertaintiy and vagueness and potentially unforseen impacts. When in doubt, vote it down.

By heather on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

my car is over-with

too many repairs to warrant spending the
    money.

alas.

so sad.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

aw.

will there be a cremation?

By eri on Tuesday, October 7, 2003 - 08:26 pm:

Eh, cars....what a nightmare.

I won't start discussing the issues I am having with mine right now.

Funny, though, Kebron was bragging about how much better his car was doing today, and then called about 5 minutes later.......got a flat, doesn't have the right lug wrench, can I meet him to help him out? hehehehe.

By dave. on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 01:00 am:

HAH! arnold and maria have to go live in sacto.

woooo!

By semillama on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 10:16 am:

And he has to work with Bustamente and he still has to figure out actually what he is going to do!

Yippee!!!

This is a great day for the humorists of America.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

the silver linings?

aside from the drama immediately after I came home last night (eva fell and made quite a knot on her forehead, first real scare of that nature), we went and waited in a long line.

voter turnout appears to be really high. thats fantastic. there was really a great sense of optimism and duty at the poll.

second, politicians will perhaps learn, that even by suspect methods, if you fuck up, the lathering fickle public can and will pull your ass out of office. i like that. Davis earned the boot.

after the Eva drama, the subsequent paranoia that resulted in me wrestling with her crib for ahalf hour to lower it, installing a new rug in the den on top of the election news, we damaged a 5th of jack late last night looking for the silver linings.

it was one of those days.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 8, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact