Watched an Incredibly bad movie with that guy who played "The Mummy"

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Watched an Incredibly bad movie with that guy who played "The Mummy"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sye on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 03:24 pm:

So I was flipping around channels last night, bored off my rocker and waiting for the laundry to dry, and I flipped past this movie on NBC. I am HUGE fan of reality tv (everybody's got at least one vice) and I watched almost every episode of Next Action Star on NBC. This movie that I flipped over to was, I'm guessing, their major breakthrough role or whatever.

The sad part about me watching this movie has a couple of parts. One, the acting was horrendous. I wouldn't pay to go see these people on screen in a theater, or even rent from Hollywood Video. Two, the cinematography was weak and a little jumbled at best. The cameramen and director just didn't know what they wanted to shoot, because you would get a split-second's worth of something blowing up, or a chase scene, or several other common elements of an action movie.

The last and saddest thing about me watching this movie, is that I COULDN'T STOP. I missed a couple other of my favorite shows for this thing, and I couldn't help it. I am so weak!

The only redeeming part of this movie was that I love a good-looking bald man with classic style. Don't even get me started on Yul Brenner.

Jeez, what is wrong with me?

By Gee on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:11 pm:

how long have you been here?

By semillama on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

Do you watch Joe Schmo?

By Sye on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

A while

By wisper on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:29 pm:

sem, do YOU watch Joe Shmo??

By Sye on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 04:37 pm:

Joe Schmo?
    Is that like Average Joe?
    I wanted to rip my hair out because the guy was so ignorant. I watched 10 minutes of the first episode, and 6 of that was commercials.

By Gee on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

I loved Joe Schmo, Season One. I kind of wanted Matt.

Joe Schmo, Season Two, however: different story.

I miss TV. I have no TV right now. I won't for quite some time. I miss my TV. downloading shit all the time isn't quite the same. it's always more fun to watch things when it's a limited time offer.

By semillama on Thursday, August 5, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

I caught a couple episodes of Joe Schmo 1 and thought the concept was funny, but I wasn't drawn into the show.

Kazu and I then recently caught an episode of season 2 and were instant fans. It's a great source of gayface. Bryce the stalker - how awesome. and the whole falcon thing is great.

By Rowlfe on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 01:37 am:

wisper saw the guy who plays the 'gotta be gay guy', Jonathan Torrens, kick yell at homeless people on the streets of Toronto. he used to host a talk show for teens called "Jonovision". We really hated him until Schmo 2.

Bryce is so amazing, but the best line of the season came from Tim. When Piper and Austin were in a fight and went outside, Tim smirks to Amanda and in a hilarious and sarcastic voice, says

"Soooo? Hows your steak?"

By wisper on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 04:38 am:

I'm twice as hooked on season 2 as i was on the first Joe Schmo.
    In the first season, Matt was the star, such a nice guy.
    This season, it's all Bryce. That guy is a tremendous actor.

By semillama on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 09:54 am:

It's also the editing and cinematography. Especially in last week's episode, with the cutting back and forth between Bryce and the falcon. fantastic.

By Gee on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 01:23 pm:

I would like them to cut back on the sleeze just a Little bit, in season two.

plus, on the whole, I thought the actors in season one were Much more convincing.

By agatha on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 01:33 pm:

What show is this?

By Rowlfe on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 01:38 pm:

I think the season 2 actors are much better, and since they have so much more little things to work with that come back in story, its so much more funny and believable.

and season one had way more sleaze. There were like a dozen stripper games it seemed

By CMorrow on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 05:00 pm:

Gee, i agree with you. i have no TV and it sucksim a big soaps fan with some old shows thrown in like i love lucy

By wisper on Friday, August 6, 2004 - 09:20 pm:

agatha- Joe Schmo is an hour-long thing, mondays on Spike TV. It's like the Truman Show, same idea.

They take someone and put them on a cheesy, stereotypical, over-the-top stupid, reality show. But the show they think they're on is actually fake, and all the other contestants are actors.

Most of the fake contestants are based on well established reality show star personalities.
    There's the gruff old veteran, the dumb chick, the "gotta be gay" guy, the arrogant surfer who refers to himself in the 3rd person, the bitchy black woman, etc.

The first season's star was a guy named Matt, his setup was this "Lap of Luxury" show, like Survivor but in a mansion. He was probably the nicest and most genuine guy on earth, really a joy to watch. He played right along too.
    His reaction to finding out it was a setup (he screams "WHAT is going OOOON?!?") is the sound my computer makes when i turn it off.

The second season's plot is a "Bachelor/Bachelorette" type show called "Last Chance For Love". Contestants compete to win the love a statuesque girl and guy. Still, all actors.
    This time there were two stars, Tim and Ingrid. But Ingrid figured it all out within 4 days! So they offered her a large sum of money to stay on as an actor, and they brought in a new girl named Amanda. Who is much more naive.

It really is a good show. And it all ends on monday night.
    Me sad.

By moonit on Saturday, August 7, 2004 - 10:43 pm:

we've got that starting up here - a kiwi version. i am so over reality tv.

By Gee on Monday, August 9, 2004 - 10:40 am:

it's the last episode? already? that's so sad.

I've missed the last two episodes. except I saw the last few minutes of the one where they got rid of Tim, and I was flabbergasted.

so the next week I called Ron up at 9:30pm, a half hour before the show starts, and ask him to tape it for me. "No problem," says Ron.

10:45 Ron calls me back and says "I forgot to tape your show for you. I'll get the end, okay?"

boooo.

By wisper on Monday, August 9, 2004 - 12:52 pm:

sorry, tuesday! ends tuesday.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact