admired dave. and agatha

sorabji.com: What have you done?: admired dave. and agatha
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By jack on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 10:15 pm:

they're good people. not like anyone who matters doesn't already know this, but they deserve a thread.

cheers.

By droopy on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 10:19 pm:

i'll second that.

By Cat on Saturday, July 2, 2005 - 10:50 pm:

I don't think of Dave as good.

He's far too interesting for that.

By dave. on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 12:44 am:

oh for crying out loud.

By Cat on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 12:50 am:

ok, you're fully of creamy goodness.

By dave. on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:01 am:

is that what that was?

By Cat on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 01:17 am:

Isn't it always your lurve yoghurt, even when it's not?

By agatha on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 02:42 am:

I think I might have been tacked on to the subject of this thread, but I'm okay with that. I just drank four bloody mary's and called some guy a spy.

Much love, Jack.

By droopy on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 03:00 am:

dave's nothing without you.

By jack on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 09:44 am:

you most certainly were not tacked on.
    it only looks that way because of dave.'s quirky punctuation.

By agatha on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 02:49 pm:

Well, if you were going alphabetically, my name would have been first. So there.

It's true that I did show this website to dave. He used to make fun of me for posting on here. That was back when I first discovered the internet, and used to post on riotgrrl all the time. How embarrassing is that?

Is anyone watching "NOW" today? It's a good one. Although, "NOW with David Brancaccio" still sounds really strange compared to "NOW with Bill Moyers."

In other news- GO, Brooke Shields, GO!

By jack on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 05:42 pm:

are you the only one still here from when the text was red?

By agatha on Sunday, July 3, 2005 - 07:05 pm:

I don't think so. Wisper has been here for at least 7 years, I think, as have Nate, Antigone, Droopy, Sem, Spider, Spiracle, Tbone, Heather, Platy (formerly Isolde), and Patrick (who used to post as Waffleboy, snark snark). There are still some folks that pop in to visit, but don't hang out quite as regularly- Sarah, Sheila, Jim, RC, Nelly, Swine, and Dani...

The trolls used to be more interesting. Lucy was the best, she should get a frickin medal.

I always and forever miss Margret, Sarah, Sheila, and Swine. I missed Droopy, but he came back. And Mark, of course. I always miss Mark.

I'm probably missing people, but you get the idea.

Anyhow. What a dumb post. I'm all nostalgic and shit.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 10:41 am:

I think I first posted in 1997. I was a late bloomer.

By agatha on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 02:55 pm:

Yes, Daniel! I knew I was missing people.

By Daniel ssss on Monday, July 4, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

I'm still around here and there. Just back from teaching in the southland. Sorta reclusive now and then. Like now. But I check in often. Glad to see most of us are doing well, still able to type etc.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 11:07 am:

I've been around since like 1999, but red text I don't recall.

I emailed Sarah a while back but haven't gotten a reply. I guess new houses do that to you, though.

Agatha and dave. totally rule, too.

By wisper on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 01:56 pm:

a toast to agatha and dave!

By eri on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 09:21 pm:

A toast to Agatha and Dave definately.

I have been here since right after 9/11. If you look back at my posts, please don't look back at my original posts :)

But Spunky was around a long time before me.

I have a papercut on my thumb knuckle and it HURTS......It's making me crazy.

By dave. on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 11:53 pm:

(capital d)ave showed up shortly after tpogh became this. you are all very special to me. i dream about you, recall odd things you have said while hanging around meatspace people and stop short of sharing when i realize i'd have to explain that the source was from friends on an an online bbs, which still seems odd to say, then i'd either have to tell them which one if they asked, or not tell them and be all weird like that, because i don't really want anyone else who knows me to know about this place. it even sounds fucked up writing about it here.

it feels wrong to have people tell me they admire me. i mean, putting it in those words and all.

please continue to admire the hell out of agather, she's the best.

By patrick on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 11:39 am:

"i dream about you, recall odd things you have said while hanging around meatspace......who knows me to know about this place."

once again dave demonstrates his uncanny ability to speak my mind.

dave sends me great music.

agatha owes me mail art.
    i hope she never sends it so i can periodically give her shit in a fond manner about it.

By agatha on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 11:53 pm:

Gah! Stop, you are all embarrassing me. Patrick, I'm so ashamed.

By semillama on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 09:48 am:

dave. turns Kazu on to great music as well, and Agatha I think inspires her towards motherhood somewhat as well.

By Antigone on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 11:33 am:

dave. inspires me to be more of a bitter mutherfucker.

By kazu on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:57 am:

i (sort of) named my cat after their kid.

'nuff said.

it was eva that charged the ole' oves, but agatha is
    definitely an inspiring mum in my book.

my cat's full name now is cleopickles.

By V on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 06:33 pm:

....Dave is o.k.,but where is HAL?

By V on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 07:10 pm:

...and how come I dont have my own fan club,I deserve it :(

By jack on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

no way, man. this is agatha and dave.'s thread.

agatha is so rad she fought the power by stealing tampons. then she turned herself in for stealing tampons! rad punkette. she sees all sides.

By lapis on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 10:38 pm:

somehow, the previous post makes me want to haiku.

agatha is rad!
    tampon-theft stupidity!
    fight power, punkette!

By agatha on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:41 pm:

I love this thread, and not just because it's about me (and dave).

Would you say power was two syllables, or one kind of slurred syllable? You could always add "the," if need be.

By jack on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 11:48 pm:

it's a love thread.

see dave. wince.

By dave. on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:25 am:

knock it off!

(the tick, pilot episode, getting ganged up on by the red scare's henchmen)

(or me, 7 years old, getting harassed by my older brother. he liked to punch me on the arm.)

By lapis on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 01:31 am:

slurred is still a syllable.

By agatha on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 08:46 pm:

I suppose you're right. I was just thinking of the oral effect.

It's a fine haiku, really. You should be proud, especially of working the word "stupidity" into a haiku.

By lapis on Thursday, July 14, 2005 - 02:59 am:

thank you.

By lapis on Friday, July 15, 2005 - 02:13 pm:

oh, i found out what time we're performing at the geekfair tomorrow. we've been told six pm.

By jack on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 11:24 pm:

this thread is still in effect. the treesort explorers are good people, as they prove again and again.

By V on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 12:43 am:

jack,eat your own asshole.

By V on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 01:14 am:

.....look pardon me jack,but if you do such gay postings,then v will kick your ass,v tends to be anti homo,as you may know by now.

By jack on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 08:55 am:

endless weak predictable garbage. worthless.

unlike some people...

By V on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 03:42 pm:

jack,wrong again,the most predictable person is you,...unlike,who?...not jack the singing poofta?...you are the most boreing person I ever posted to (yawn)zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

By agatha on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 12:33 am:

This is PERFECT!

By V on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:19 pm:

agatha,thank you...if I have problems sleeping,then I look at jacks boreing poofta postings zzzzzzzzzzzz

By V on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:36 pm:

dave,I cant find HAL,is he still in orbit around Jupiter?,,,acca 2010?,or did he get shot by bandits in Mongolia? I thought you and him were like twins,I have a strange idea his bones are being licked clean by dung beetles.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact