Graduated.

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Graduated.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:10 pm:

I done got my master's in library science. So there.

Also, I'm having a party on June 10th, if anyone wants to come to Olympia, Washington.

By droopy on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:13 pm:

congratulations!

By platypus on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:16 pm:

Hooray! Congratulations, new librarian!

By Karla on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 09:18 pm:

congrats to the high priestess of research.

By jack on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 10:10 pm:

this is fantastic news. congratulations agatha!

i'd love to come to your party but i'm afraid i have a conflicting engagement. in lieu, i will tell you who i used to be on these boards.

i used to be kelsey. there, i said it.

mwah.

seriously: here's to you!

By agatha on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 12:33 am:

Nuh-UH!!! You are such a tease, Jack.

Thanks for all the goodness, all. I'll post more now that I can slack without guilt again.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 08:07 am:

Congratulations agatha -- that's great news! Nice to be done huh?

By heather on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 02:00 pm:

masters of the universe!

By moonit on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 02:42 pm:

Yay Aggie!

By lapis on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 03:24 pm:

hooray for agatha, librarian extrodinaire!

By semillama on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 05:01 pm:

Huge props to ya!

great job!

By wisper on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 06:12 pm:

woo hoo hoo!!

By agatha on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 01:17 am:

Thanks! Breaking news: Taylor won American Idol. Also: Prince was on there. I love Prince, so it made me sad to see him on this shitty Fox show. Now I'm listening to "I would Die 4U" and getting weepy.

By droopy on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 02:22 am:

the prince version or the sinead version? i heard a cut from prince's latest album, recently. i liked it. it had an old school soul feel.

By kazu on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 08:37 am:

congratulations ms. agather

By Czarina on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 09:35 am:

Master Olympian!
    Yeah Agatha!

By TBone on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 10:33 am:

Congratulations, Master Agatha.

By sarah on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 12:19 pm:

rock!

congratulations Agatha, you smart cookie! i am so happy for you! a master's degree is a lot of hard work - you should be really proud of yourself.

beauty, brains, a sense of humor, sane, and a beautiful family.

you really do have it all. :)

By Spider on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 11:10 pm:

Congratulations, Agatha! You mentor you! (I start my library science program in the fall. We'll be librarians together.)

Here -- I read Jorge Luis Borges' "The Library of Babel" this morning, and look what I found therein:

"A memory of unspeakable melancholy: at times I have traveled for many nights through corridors and along polished stairways without finding a single librarian."

By lapis on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 01:05 am:

hey spider, i was sitting in my bathroom earlier and realized i have the perfect book to send you and it's been sitting in the reading basket for over a year.

i need to mail lots of things right now. mostly candy, but i should mail you this book. it's cute.

By Spider on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:22 am:

Gosh, I'm flattered that you would think of me. Thanks!

You can email me and I'll send you my postal address.

By platypus on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 11:23 am:

You STILL haven't mailed your candy?

Shit, well I'll bet mine has gone off by now, since it was perishable. Heather, you had better check.

By lapis on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 05:10 pm:

i'm horrible.

been broke for awhile, then i lost heather's address.
    finding it and putting it in the mail today, everything else be dammned.

By agatha on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 08:35 pm:

Jeez, lapis! What are you, me?!

Spider, I'm so excited for you! You're going to love your classes. I'm glad to be done, but I really enjoyed my education.

I got offered that job today- it's a substitute librarian position in the three towns near me. I'm so psyched.

By Lapis on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 09:27 pm:

well, i was broken (horribly sprained ankle, never injure yourself in canada if you can avoid) and missing two weeks of work combined with rent, utilities and taxes made me broke. catching up.

add in the boyfriend, actually working besides being a member of an increasingly unweildy dance team (besides trying to motivate them into turning in stuff to create a website with), fending off mother's suggestion of returning to college and the sudden interest in gardening; the pez-that-was is a busy girl.

ooh, that's exciting, job offers already!

spider, where'll you be going to school?

By heather on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:11 pm:

llllllllaaaappppis.......!!!

platy, yours still look and smell delicious and are kept in a cool dark place

i got offered two jobs this week. i made a crazy counter-offer for one and rejected the other. all of my eggs in one basket and i am nervous to see what will happen.

By Spider on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 10:20 pm:

I will be going to school at Simmons College in Boston.

My mom lives in Boston and her health has been poor -- she was diagnosed with breast and uterine cancer in November, and she's had all kinds of problems since then...not involving the cancer directly but the surgeries it requires -- and I will be glad to be close to her.

Heh, she had a gnarly operation last week and had been on pain medication for several days. When I spoke to her on Thursday she was completely lucid, but when I called her on Friday she was so high and incoherent I felt like I was talking to someone with Alzheimer's -- kinda scary. I just now got off the phone with her and she's at home and completely med-free, but she could remember all the hallucinations and bizarre thoughts she had been having -- she saw chocolate chip cookies on the floor, and she thought her bedspread was her purse, and thought there was a shelf in front of her with paper and pencils, and apparently she went through all the physical motions of picking up cookies from the floor and selecting which pencil she wanted to use.

I'm kinda scared to move to Boston. I hope I don't get killed as I cross the street.

By J on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 01:30 am:

Agatha,I'm so proud of you,you did it:)Spider,you only have one mother,I'm glad you'll be there for her.

By semillama on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 02:29 pm:

Spider - when are you moving to Boston?

My next trip to Boston will be visiting the future in-laws over
    chrsitmas and planning the wedding. Kazu will be there too of
    course.

By Nelly on Friday, June 2, 2006 - 02:26 am:

hey agatha, congratulations, i'm so glad to hear you made it, seems like only yesterday you were agonizing over your application. do you feel like a different person now that you've become a librarian?

By V on Friday, June 2, 2006 - 06:49 pm:

Nelly,do you still have that Charlie Manson beard? You need to post your site again,awesome.,if I can re-find it,I will post it for you.,its what I am here for, to help people out.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact