Do I see ghosts ?

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Do I see ghosts ?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Tuesday, October 3, 2006 - 03:37 pm:

....as you may or may not know,v loves supermarkets,in the next checkout to v was Salvidor Dali,or his twin Brother...same twirly moustacheiolas.

By V on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 05:51 pm:

...so you are not amuused by that? v was.

By Nate on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 05:59 pm:

like having a face coated in cunt jelly.

By Juice Newton on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 08:02 pm:

Or eating penis butter and vagina jelly sandwiches.

By Nate on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 09:10 pm:

is it the fucking moon?

i'm fucking losing my mind. fucking. fucking. fucking.

the worst part about the meds is when they seem to not be working. and you think, ah, fuck, i thought i was done with this shit. and you think, do i need to up my dosage? and you think, i am in this thick woolen body sock soaked in ice water that insulates me from any connection to the rest of humanity, and when i feel most alone i feel most afraid that this is how it will be for the rest of my life. and i shiver and sweat and warm and cold and no one returns my calls and i have no idea if anyone exists anymore. i lose the ability to understand anything that is the least bit abstract, anything less concrete than a door or a window. friendship, love, grace.

how maudlin.

but i'm better now. until dark? until the big white face?

By heather on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 10:06 pm:

it never goes away for good

hi nate

By agatha on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 10:48 pm:

PLAYING WITH THE QUEEN OF HEARTS!

By Nate on Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 03:16 am:

hi heather

By Spider on Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 09:46 am:

What is going on in this thread?

By Nate on Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 12:56 pm:

hi queenie

By lapis on Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 07:47 pm:

moon, moon moon moon moon.

last night the moon was full and just about as close as it can be to our spinning planet in orbit.

8:13pm

i've got a light nobody can see
    it does nobody no good but me
    it's just a little light
    it shines really bright
    and i've got a light nobody can see

By moonit on Saturday, October 7, 2006 - 07:58 pm:

what?

By lapis on Sunday, October 8, 2006 - 08:25 pm:

10-6, 8:13pm PST. Was the moment when the moon was supposed to be perfectly full. And superclose to the Earth.

that last little bit was a song that i made while riding bikes with a friend with a broken leg.

a-yup.

By patrick on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 03:11 pm:

at what point do you take children seriously when they say they see a ghost?

my three year old got quite freaked the other day in the bathtub staring and pointing at the light. granted she was already upset because she hates washing her hair, so the flow of tears was seamless, but then she started the pointing and terrorized look in her face. she eventually admitted she saw a ghost.

im in a new house. it is close to halloween. i never want to doubt this kind of thing simply because it's never happened to me despite *believing* i heard and saw ghosts all throughout my childhood. i didnt. i simply wanted to and freaked myself out. i expect this may continue with the three year old.

but you know, in movies they never believe the kid and well, i dont want to be that jackass that doesnt believe his kid and next thing you know the entire house is a gateway to hell subsequently.

By heather on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 04:40 pm:

i would believe

but that would be just like me wouldn't it

i do not remember seeing anything myself nor do i remember pretending to, but i don't remember very much

By patrick on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 04:58 pm:

heh

heather's a ghost but she doesnt know it.

like kidman in that movie. you dont remember much because your dead. silly ghostie heather.

By V on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 07:27 pm:

V can tell you what place in a house a person has died,its my claim to fame,and I dont want it,I was born with that insight,and I dont want that shit anymore....

By V on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 08:23 pm:

...will v pre-empt your reply? "bullshit,v",,,sorry,its real.Some of us can do that wierd shit,fact of life,in know way doz that make me special or something,right?....so,sorabji is just a place for insights in to another persons life,thousands of miles away perhaps?....v dont know ,I just post what I think at this moment in time,rock on.,and some nights I give you too much of the real v .,shucks.,look,considering 99.9 of what I say is true,you get a real fine deal from v,right?

By V on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 08:31 pm:

...But enough of me,how about you?

By jack on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 09:08 pm:

v

your ability has been fucked up for the last three years. since witchfest 2003.

i put a spell on you that deranged it. the death locations you've been identifying have all been incorrect for three years.

ha ha ha

good luck trying to reverse the spell!

By V on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 09:18 pm:

Jack,beware of blocked toilets.

By jack on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 09:26 pm:

what kind of advice is that?

thank you. i never encounter blocked toilets, but i already have the sense to avoid them if ever i would encounter one.

are you casting a blocked-toilet spell? how cute! have fun with that.

By V on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 09:48 pm:

...and what spell are YOU casting,little gay piglet?

By jack on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 11:27 pm:

are you talking to me, fatso-drunko?

i'm not casting a spell.

By sarah on Monday, October 9, 2006 - 11:58 pm:

i believe that ghosts could exist. that they could take the shape or form of a lot of different things. like light. light shadows. or things we recognize and things we don't recognize.

sometimes i think people i see randomly or interact with randomly are ghosts. not because they're pale or keep the hours of vampires, or anything dumb like that. it doesn't occur to me until later. and i don't think they think they are ghosts.

i don't believe there's any gateway to hell. i don't think ghosts are always bad or scary or disturbed.

like, for instance, all my life i've had clothes go missing. not a sock in the dryer kind of missing. i mean like, in one week, my three favorite bras... *poof*, just gone. never to return. that kind of shit. ghosts? menehune? whatever.

i hate bras anyway.

By lapis on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 03:14 am:

every ghost i've experienced in the last few years has been non-visual, so i haven't actually *seen* a ghost for a long long time.

yes, ghosts. voices coming from the drain in the kitchen sink. a cat i can't see walking through my arm during a power outage. a minor poltergeist who stopped turning on the water two years ago when i spoke to it and knocked on the wall (it also threw a stick of deoderant at me once).

i read a long time ago that what people catagorize as a "normal" ghost experience is in fact very very rare. often it may be strange coincidences, a smell or a sound out of place. a broken record of time.

one of my favorite dresses went missing in september, but it was at burning man so i'm no going to worry about it. but it was a dress that i loved.

By heather on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 01:09 pm:

in our house the fairies are aleays throwing things to the floor. the other *funny* trick is to make something invisible so you won't find it until much later in the exact place you already looked.

By TBone on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 04:24 pm:

I get the invisible things a lot. The basic rule is that the lost item is found the first place I looked, the third time I look there.

I've probably mentioned the houseghosts of the old house I used to live in, but I'll summarize again.
    The upstairs one didn't feel particularly malicious, but had a distinct presence. I think it lived in the inaccessible, walled-off portion of our attic. When we were downstairs, it would make scurrying sounds diagonally across the ceiling as if something small had just traveled across the floors, passing through several walls. Or maybe through the floor joists. We called it Alex. It often manifested itself as a distinct feeling of someone watching what you're doing over your shoulder while nobody else is home.

Then there was the monster downstairs. Our basement was a concrete dugout under a small portion of the house. The walls came up a couple feet short of the floors, so the space between the floor and the ground was visible in all directions. Well, not visible, really. It was this dark, seemingly endless void on all four walls. The joists above had wires and strange things nailed to them including a series of pulleys and a car alternator. Several times I was down there alone, or with one or two other people, and we'd suddenly and simultaneously feel panicky and run out of there as if we were chased. Fortunately, that one stayed down there.

I don't really know if I believe in ghosts, but personification helps in explaining the experience of living in that house.

By V on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 04:50 pm:

I (had) 12 phone chargers,9 are missing,and its only me in the house.

By V on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 05:01 pm:

...I cant explain it,I just post what I see,(or dont see)

By V on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 05:29 pm:

Patrick,kids do indeed see ghosts,they take it for granted that adults also see them,untill the adults brain wash them in to thinking it was "just a bad dream"...."Hokus Pokus"?...well,ask my cat,it will hiss and snarl at an empty corner af a room,no flys,spiders,ants,moths,woodlice....but it can see something I cant.

By Jim aka Pajama on Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 05:27 pm:

Have you seen the ghost of Tom?
    Long white bones with the flesh all gone.
    Ooohh Ooooh
    Wouldn't it be chilly with no skin on.

I learned that in 1st grade, at St. John's catholic school. It scared me.

By V on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 03:34 am:

Jim,my Father all so went to a Catholic school,the Nuns were in to slapping kids faces and twisting ears,fact.,Lesbian,pervert bitches...dont spose you know the rest of that prose?

By V on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 04:23 am:

Its about time the truth is told about Catholic indoctrination,a lot of the bad side was hidden from public view,for centurys...Jim,git back soon.,lets get ALL that Catholic bad stuff on line...and Jimbo,gimmi one of your long,long postings,from the heart,right?...Lets you and me sort out that twisted vision of God for all time.

By V on Friday, October 13, 2006 - 04:31 am:

...not that v hates Catholics,I dont.,ever.

By Jim aka Pajama on Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 11:22 pm:

perhaps, my random respones to v, are coming off as my having an interst in what he has to say? probably should just ignore. but then that would be so hard for me.

perfect example: if I say out loud, "who is that fuckface calling Jimbo?" sure, I'd get a kick out of saying it, but not as much as if I actually typed it. know what I mean?

By Czarina on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 05:38 pm:

I don't believe in ghosts, cause I've never seen one with my own eyes.

But I'm ALWAYS looking. It would open up avenue's of spirituality for me. Then maybe I could believe. If I could see something concrete.

There have been odd things that have happened in my house, though. And I have had dogs bark and growl up at an empty corner of the ceiling. And the missing items, that do indeed show up in the place you know you left it, but wasn't there, untill you searched everywhere else.

I've also had some toys do some really strange things here.
    Once, about 2 in the morning, my kids were both sleeping with me,[they were both little at the time], and s/o was out of town, and I woke up to loud sirens and flashing red and blue lights.
    It scared the hell out of me, I didn't know if my house was on fire or the police were raiding it or what.

I jumped out of bed and was stumbling around, trying to wake up, and I went to my sons room, which was directly across from mine, and in the middle of his room, his large toy firetruck, the kind you can crank the ladder up on, was going full steam. Not moving but the lights and sirens going off.

I don't to this day know what caused it. The only other thing by it was a book from the bookshelf, but there is no way the book could have fallen half way across the room.

Another time, I have this halloween decoration, its an ugly gargoyle, and it has a knocker, and it makes a scary growling gargoyle noise, and a deep knocker sound and its eyes glow red. I keep it in the cabinets above my washer and dryer. Well, on morning I hear this hidious monster noise coming from my laundry room. I'm not easily scared, so I went to inspect and see what the noise was. I couldn't find anything after I'de searched and finally called mu s/o at work and he said to cut the breakers off to see if the noise stopped,[he could hear it on the phone], so I did and the noise didn't stop. I was really getting creeped out by then and I could tell he was,too.

I finally got my nerve up and looked behind the washer and dryer, which isn't easy to do because the cabinets stick out so far. And there it was glowing red eyes and that hidious growling. Scared the shit out of me untill I realized what it was.

To this day I don't know how it could have gotten back there. It would have had to fall out of one of the cabinets, and then jumped up over the back of the dryer, that high piece of metal where the controls are, and got behind it. Oh, and turned itself on, too.

As I'm writing this, I realize this doesn't sound very normal. And I'm thinking of little creepy things that happen here, like somebody touching my back, onetime pushing me so hard I almost lost my balance. But nothing odd has happened for the last few years, so maybe it was just weird coincidences.

But I do love to watch Ghosthunters. They go and try to find logical explanations for for unexplained things.

By V on Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 06:18 pm:

Czarina,when my Father died,he sort of lived on,for years,in the old family house,doors slamming,footsteps in the hall at 3 a.m.,things moveing from one room to another,I got the same as you....perhaps thats normal,any idea whats going on? like I say perhaps most folks are too shy to post about it,myself,I dont much care what people think.

By jaq on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 02:33 pm:

spooky spooky things here....very spooky....creepy....spooky....

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 03:04 pm:

jack, i think you took a wrong medication.

By Spider on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 03:36 pm:

This morning, I had yet another dream about an invisible ghost tugging at my covers and choking me.

This has become my most recurrent dream theme. I don't get it.

By platypus on Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 06:33 pm:

Do you have sleep apnea? Sometimes when my asthma gets really bad and I stop breathing at night, I have dreams about being choked/strangled...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact