Facebook

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Facebook
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 05:40 pm:

Anyone use it? Is it kind of dumb, or do I just not understand it yet?

By droopy on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 05:48 pm:

what is a facebook?

By agatha on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 07:55 pm:

It's kind of like myspace, but it's supposed to be more school or job oriented. I don't really know, in case you couldn't tell.

For your convenience...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

By wisper on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 12:38 am:

it's like myspace, but not a godawful mess.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 03:10 am:

Agatha, is yearbook being replaced by facebook?

By ... on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 05:11 am:

iCaps made my cock and balls constrict. I quit taking iCaps and now my cock and balls swing big and free like before. strange side-effect, I guess

By Dr Pepper on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 05:37 am:

iCaps?

By platypus on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 06:32 am:

I do indeed Facebook, Agatha.

I prefer it to MySpace, actually. I like a lot of the features and the lack of random spam.

By agatha on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 04:52 pm:

Platy and wisper, email me your names on there, so's I can have some friends. There are many facebook things I still don't understand, such as...
    how can I find people from the past if I don't have an old college email address, etc? How do I make my profile purdy?

By patrick on Monday, February 12, 2007 - 08:31 pm:

i dont need another one of those.

By wisper on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 02:33 am:

oh, i don't have one.

By wisper on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 02:34 am:

:D

By droopy on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 03:28 am:

you know...my first reaction to "facebook" was that it was somthing physical pages, a cover and a spine. a book of faces. shows you where i am on the evolutionary timeline.

By platypus on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 07:27 am:

I believe, actually, that that is the origin of the name, because it was originally for college students only. And I know that colleges used to print literal Facebooks of incoming students with snippets of info so that the students could know a bit about each other beforehand.

By TBone on Thursday, February 15, 2007 - 06:07 pm:

I think I probably have a facebook account. I just can't get into those things, though.

By sarah on Friday, December 5, 2008 - 05:01 pm:

facebook is off the chain.

for one, if you haven't joined and made me your friend, then you can't see photos of my adorable daughter.

for two, it's a great time waster when these boards are slow.

for three, why not?

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, December 6, 2008 - 12:50 am:

I won't be on "facebook" cause,they can says bad things about you.

By jaq on Saturday, December 6, 2008 - 03:36 am:

they can says those things anyplace.

what is different about "facebook", mi friendo?

By sarah on Thursday, October 1, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

goddammit Mark. you fucking deactivated your
    account.

By Sougie on Friday, October 2, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Funny seeing the comments asking what Facebook is back
    then.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, October 4, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Agreed. It's hilarious, given how ubiquitous it is now. I still have
    my paper facebooks from boarding school, all four years
    worth. They were thoroughly annotated, somewhat harshly.
    We were all kind of assholes back then.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact