...found my religion

sorabji.com: What have you done?: ...found my religion
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 08:07 pm:

...its called "Romanuv"...in a nutshell its Lithuanian Pagans,we have to respect nature,and love trees and fire,the original "green party",and its also rather old,about 30,000 years,and it still exists to this day.Eat your hearts out,Muslims,Jews,and Christians!!!

By droopy on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 02:26 am:

so i go to google. after being directed to a lot of czech sites with the word "romanuv" and no english, and dispensing with the google prompt which of course sent me to the russian royal family the romanovs, i finally found the lithuanian religion romuva.

you got a ritual or something for a guy who just killed himself? a cousin of mine killed himself yesterday. he was 38, two years younger than me. i assumed he had shot himself, but i was talking to my mom today and she said he asphyxiated himself with a plastic bag, even though he had a gun with him. i said "who the hell kills himself that way?" she said "well, that sercey boy did." i had no idea who the sercey boy was. turns out it was some young guy in wheelchair (crippled like me: t-12 complete) who had visited me 20 years ago when i was in rehab. i had a vague memory of him but i think i was on too many painkillers at the time to have a clear memory. she said he had been schizophrenic but very intelligent. his mother was a very positive and outgoing woman who was artsy and ran a gallery somewhere in dallas. a few years after they had visited me in rehab, the mother killed herself and not long after her son killed himself by asphyxiating himself with a plastic bag. this is texas for christ's sake! one of the few good things about being able to get guns so easily is that you can off yourself quickly and cleanly with one shot.

By Ewell Gibbons on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 05:38 pm:

Sounds awesome V. Do you get to eat pine trees and shit? Many parts are edible, you know.

By Antigone on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 07:40 pm:

My ex girlfriend killed herself that way, only with helium.

By V on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 08:24 pm:

...well your present girl you posted to v looks awesome,trust you are still with her?

By V on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 08:43 pm:

Ewall Gibbons,do the same as my Cats,lick your own ass.,saves a fucking fortune on toilet paper....post smart to v or dont bother to post at all.,v will not post to complete idiots.

By Ewall Gibbons on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 08:59 pm:

Ok, I won't bother to post at all. I'm dead anyways, don't you know.

By droopy on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 09:27 pm:

death made you forget how to spell your name, euell. i'm just old enough to remember those commercials.

i remember that thread, antigone. all my mother said was that he used a plastic bag, so my imagination had him thrashing around in agony as he slowly suffocated. the funeral is tommorow. i don't suppose i'd be able to go up to any of his family and say, "hey - when you stop weeping, could you tell me if he used an inert gas to off himself?"

we've already missed one romuva festival back in june, but there's another one coming up in september. i'm thinking a bonfire out by the lake.

By V on Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 09:42 pm:

Droopy,you know for you and me to get to the hill of crosses,in wheelchairs,still sounds amazing,I look foreward to that,as my legs dont work so well anymore,most nights I dream I am on a marathon,(26 miles)v mostly dreams of running....its such a bummer, I cant do that anymore,and,it pisses me off no end,parts or my body have shut down,for ever,mostly my legs....o.k.,so my legs dont work that well,you have a problem with that?

By Euell Gibbons on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 12:51 am:

Well, I often spelled it many ways when I was alive and eating tree bark , droopy. I spelled it "Ewell", "Ewall" like V spelled it, "Yule", "Ule", and "Euell" like you spelled it. Sometimes I'd spell it "Qzyrieurwellllsy", but not often.

By droopy on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 02:45 am:

i forgot about that. when you were growing up in clarksville, texas your parents were too poor to give their kids. they just called the lot of you "you all". this worked just amongst in the family, but the day came when you applied for a job and could only give "gibbons" as a name. most employers require two, so you gave them the only name you ever had: you all. this went through its long process of spelling variations until the book 'stalking the wild asparagus' sort of set "euell" in stone.

i stayed awake until 5am last night drinking whiskey. tonight i'm drinking whiskey and milk.

By V on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 08:44 pm:

Droopy,can you get high on milk? when v was 7,v got drunk on water,about 2 gallons it was,it was amazing,I woke up 6 hours later,coverd in snow,in my Fathers hen coop,covered in chicken shit,but it was a fantastic experiance...you must try it for you self.."git back jo jo"

By V on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 09:10 pm:

...and my Mother said "how come you smell like chicken shit"...and v said "thats because I just spent the last 6 hours sleeping with chickens".....................

By V on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 06:02 pm:

....but now we dont get snow anymore,so v is trying hard to grow a coconut palm in my garden,its 4 foot high so far.Insects dont attack it,as they dont know what it is.

By V on Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 06:34 pm:

....we do get monsoons though,and more rain than than we have ever had in Summer,in the last 250 years.(since records began),thats not so good,38,000 houses are under water right now.

By V on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 10:05 pm:

...as normal.I blame America,and China...but mostly America...so what are YOU doing to save the planet?,myself,I use 56 energy saveing light bulbs in my house,it costs 1/6 of the normal price to run.

By V on Wednesday, August 1, 2007 - 10:11 pm:

Droopy,you know I think its real nice that inside you dont ever get older than 20...same as v...

By V on Thursday, August 2, 2007 - 06:11 pm:

droopy,I trust you are only useing save the world green light bulbs right now?

By V on Thursday, August 2, 2007 - 06:37 pm:

HONK YOUR HORN,if you are trying to save the PLANET.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact