Caye Caulker, Belize

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Caye Caulker, Belize
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 05:24 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:45 pm:

Did you mean summer in Southern Hemisphere as winter in Northern Hemisphere? I thought belize is dangerous place to visit.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 10:26 pm:

Look at you, gettin' yer travel on! I'm jellis. Also, you never call or write. Sniff.

By semillama on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 11:15 am:

Belize is a pretty safe place. There was some minor unrest in 2005 but otherwise it's a good place to visit, especially since the official language is English for such folks who don't speak any other tongue. I'd love to go sometime.

By heather on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 11:25 am:

i would like to go right now.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:40 pm:

belize is fucking awesome. we stayed on caye caulker which is 2 mile long 1/2 mile wide island about a 20 minute plane hop from belize city. island population 3k. its considered a barefoot nation....so, you know, no paved roads, at least on teh island. only a couple of cars at most. its bike island and for those who want luxury, golf carts. its very cheap. we rented a house for about $100 a day. the food is cheap and so is the rum and the official beer of belize, belkin. the beverage guys deliver it by the case to your house. oh and the ditch weed is cheap too....an ounce for about $15 us.

im not really a pot smoker, but in belize, its what you do. smoke a fatty, head to the pier with a fifth of rum. bake your brain to a gelatenous state. swim. cool off. eat rice and beans. siesta. rinse. repeat

it takes about two days (and a 1/4 ounce of weed and a few fifths of rum) to fully shed your city life and embrace island life. once you do, it never leaves you. belize is still in me. im longing to go back this summer. we made friends. there are a handful of expats there and we've considered doing the same. eva being the key reason i havent made the jump.

the diving is unreal. they have one of the largest reefs in the world. we spent an entire day boating around an atoll. i swam with many sharks and rays.

that one shot of the pier....thats where we went every day, several times a day and swam and soaked up rays. there arent beaches like we know...that is dozens of feet of pristine white sand but rather there's lots of sea grass you have to wade through to get to the sandy bottom water, hence the pier. all kinds of freaky biting critters hang in the sea grass.

we left just a day before hurricane daniel slammed the island. it was bizarre. what they say about the calm before the storm is true. the waters were eriely calm, the air still. hot.

if cost about $1200 per person with air fare and the cost for the house. if you go right when hurricane seasons starts you get a slightly cheaper rate.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 01:54 pm:

oh, and the best part......island mutts. the island mutts are the best. semi-wild island dogs with scruffy, damp salty sandy fur who love to be loved in perpetuity. we had to leave for 8 days in the care of friends so we were desperate for canine connection and theres plenty of it on the island.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:21 pm:

Patrick, what do you mean "ditch weed"? Did you mean "pot"?

By Nate on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 10:52 am:

i think he means "schwagg".

cheerios, prunes, coffee- breakfast of a man with an open calendar.

By patrick on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 03:14 pm:

i meant to say above "we had to leave chloe...chloe the dog..."

yes dr. p i meant pot, of the lowest quality.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 08:49 pm:

Ah i see.........

By droopy on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 09:03 pm:

así que alza la mano si te gusta la marihuana
    alza la mano si te gusta fumar
    alza la mano si te gusta la marihuana
    alza la mano si te gusta fumar

By Dr Pepper on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 01:27 am:

A long ago, a guy who tried smoke pot for the first time, he sounded weird, he said: " wait, wait, listen to me, I feel like a fume coming out of chimney", we all laughed at him, and he said " no! no!, I am serious! I still feel like a fume".
    I do find this weird. I mean people who does Marijuana.

By Nate on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:55 am:

yeah, what's wrong with those people who does marijuana.

a long ago, a man i knew tried drinking a whiskey sour for the first time. he said: "I am drinking like a fish!" we all laughed at him, and he said "no! no! I am serious! I am drinking like a fish!" we said to him: "fish tend to drink their whiskey straight-up." so he threw his drink down the drain, wiped out his glass and poured it full of whiskey. he took a sip of whiskey and coughed a laugh and said: "oh man, now i am drinking like a fish!" we all laughed and said: "yes, now you are drinking like a fish."

By Dr Pepper on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 08:01 pm:

Glad ,I am not alone. lol hahahahaha

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact