Went away from Sorabji for too long!

sorabji.com: What have you done?: Went away from Sorabji for too long!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Diana Prince on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 02:59 pm:

I used to come here all the time. Interesting people, strange discussions, now I come back and it is pretty much closed up shop. Makes me sad.

By Daniel on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:47 pm:

not really, but life does happen to those who log off. there's a few of us. everything crashed. the remainder got married and had kids. smoke and ashes everywhere, satan's severed head in the trash, monologues decanted into formulaic chinese, and the like.

try Manganese or something like that.

I come and go and post and lurk and still, we are the same.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:00 pm:

Diana, things change when time changes.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:03 pm:

Daniel, I tho Antigone still have Satan's severed head?

By jac on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:16 pm:

YES but NO!

chupacabra signs backfacing, but the toreador lingers. Satan's severed head went to lunch but I can take a message.
    Or you can.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 03:04 am:

cha cha cha

By Daniel on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 02:15 pm:

Magnesium> Happy friggin holidays to those who are celebrating anything

By Nelly on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:15 am:

realizing that sorabji's message boards (at tpogh) were my first experience with social media, back in 1997. back before they had a phrase for it. "social media".

these days there is so much damn social media and so many duties associated with it that i tend to avoid it... someone has started a twitter-like thing at work and i must dutifully tweet from time to time in an intelligent manner

but sorabji's message boards were always another matter. sorabji's message boards were a place to go on christmas eve when you are sitting by yourself and you cannot summon up the christmas cheer, you've turned off the radio because even the wacky heavy metal christmas music is too much, and you are putting off wrapping those presents until the last minute because you know you have to take them somewhere tomorrow. it will happen.

you send a piece of your soul out into the blackness of sorabji's message boards, and something comes back

By Antigone on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:33 pm:

Fuck you.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:35 pm:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Have a Merry Fucking Christmas, and a Happy New Fuck.

By Daniel on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 01:53 pm:

Or on a christmas morning when yhe wife goes to her side of thefamily and your nearest relatives are a six hour plane ride away...sorabji is always here. Thank you mark. fuck you you ass in the most merriest of ways. Nelly said it. We're doin it. Quick somebody pass that chocolate reindeer shit over here.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 03:45 pm:

Yeah, haven't heard that since back in the middle 80's, a guy wore a sweater that once said " Merry Christmas and a Happy Fucking New Year!"

By Nelly on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 12:50 am:

By Antigone on Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 12:33 pm:

Fuck you.

Thanks, I needed that.

By Diana Prince on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 02:18 pm:

Well said Nelly (referring to post on 25th)
    Well said Nelly (referring to post on 26th)

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 06:46 pm:

Diana Prince, sounded like you had some "issues" with Nelly? uhmmm?
    Diana, Are you currently working for City Hall in Boston?

My brother's dog was put to sleep, she has been sick with a tumor that won't go away and got weakened. It is sad to let her go after having her as our family household pet for the last ten years. Yes, it is a long time. R.I.P to Ebony.

By J on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 12:12 am:

Diana Prince is Wonder Woman

By M on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 12:54 pm:

I wanted her Wonder Woman outfit! so sexy!

By Diana Prince on Monday, January 3, 2011 - 05:45 pm:

No issue with Nelly. I thought the post on 25th was awesome. 26th funny. Sheesh lookin' for sarcasm where there is none.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact