i met cyst today

sorabji.com: How do you do?: i met cyst today
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By agatha on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 01:32 am:

i met cyst today. i found her on the street, getting out of her car. i tried to find her a shoeshine place, but failed. we went for greek food, and got wired on turkish coffee. she drove me to pick up cleo, and we swung on the swings for a bit. i took her to the vintage clothing/record store. she tried on a very small dress, which looked great on her, but she decided it was a bit much. we parted ways in the evening, when she went to hook up with her friend at the capitol. cleo and i went home, and i gave her some dinner and a bath and cough medicine and read "alexander and the wind-up mouse."

her are some things you should know about cyst:
    1. she is very tall.
    2. she smiles and talks at the same time.
    3. she can eat a lot of food.
    4. she has nice clothing.
    5. she's smart.
    6. she's very tall.

By Gee on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 02:04 am:

wow. I know this sounds weird (possibly a little mean) but the idea of Cyst smiling plesently surprises me. Is it just a lips smile, or do her eyes smile too?

By moonit on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 03:44 am:

Does she wear big shoes to make herself taller?

By sarah on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 04:40 am:

i am so jealous.

kelsey, you've met the most sorabjiites out of anyone. no fair.

this makes me want a sorabji woman's gathering.
    what does it take to get shit organized around here?

nevermind. don't answer.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 10:08 am:

What did you talk about, if I you don't mind my asking?

Cyst, what was Agatha like?

By Antigone on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 10:10 am:

If we have a sorabji women's gathering, can I come?

By Margret on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 10:19 am:

Not unless you really defied Creon to bury your brother. Duh.

By semillama on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

Does have a woman's name, tho.

By Jina on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

If we did have a meet, maybe it could be at that lake Patrick dreamt about.

By Isolde on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 07:12 pm:

We need a better description of it--there are plenty of lakes in the world, after all, and...

By Patrick on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

it was a pacific north west lake, surrounded by tall pines and red woods, clear water with fishies, it got deep fast based ont he slope at the shore, high in the mountians.........

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

...and you can count me out of skinny dipping.

Though I had another shirtless dream last night. What's up with that? The naked dreams I used to have always involved me not wearing any pants and being extremely embarrassed. Now I dream about not wearing a shirt and being fine?! I don't like that.

By dr. pyoo on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

freud and i give that dream two thumbs up.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

you just need to streak your dorm just once and everything will be alright

By Isolde on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 08:06 pm:

Nothing wrong with being naked and running through well lit public places.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 09:19 pm:

I don't run in the dreams. And I don't take my shirt off...I just look down and see that it's gone.

In the dream last night, I was with my psychometrics professor at his private practice. I was sitting in on one of his group therapy sessions in order to observe how he conducted the meetings. I was sitting at a table, waiting for everyone else to arrive for the session and watching the news. On the news, there was a story about a woman who liked to sunbathe on the Mall in DC and swim up the river to go to work, instead of driving there. All of a sudden I noticed I didn't have anything on above the waist. I was sitting in the chair with my knees pulled up and my feet resting on the edge of the chair, so I tried to hide myself with my knees. My professor was standing next to me and talking to me, and I knew he could see what was going on, and I wasn't at all bothered.

That makes two of these dreams in about a week. What is this all about? I don't usually have dreams like this.

By Nelly on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 10:49 pm:

They have some significance or other, but I have forgotten what it was. The last dream like that I had was suddenly discovering my toplessness in Latin class in high school. This seemed appropriate somehow, but I don't remember why. This dream may have had something to do with the fact that we listened to "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" that week. Anyway, I just went on declining my verbs, amo amas amat, and nobody seemed to be too upset although eyebrows were raised, but it was sort of "oh, that nell, she's so absent-minded"... but I wondered what I should do when the bell rang. I didn't much want to go out in the hall like that. I think I crawled out the window and hid in some bushes. I was trying to figure out how to make a bra out of honeysuckle when I woke up.

By semillama on Thursday, February 17, 2000 - 11:53 pm:

Maybe your subconscious is telling you something.

By Patrick on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 11:01 am:

my naked dreams always involved, me realizing i forgot my clothes once i arrived at school....then the rest of the dream involved me trying to buy various garments from other students......it was always this way and kinda fun..."hey, i'll trade this milk for one sock....." guess where the first aquired sock went.......

By agatha on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

it was mostly a mouth smile, with a little eye smile from time to time. she wore the aforementioned bitch boots, which have about a two inch heel. we talked about life, work, clothing. you know, just random stuff that two people who don't know each other talk about. i saw a picture of the bakery boy, he's so not all that. she is so much more interesting looking and seeming than him, from what i can judge from a snapshot. admittedly, that's not much to go on.

sarah, you know how the saying goes. if you want anything done, you've gotta do it yourself.

By Patrick on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 01:27 pm:

speaking of smiles, hey cyst, you got any more slutty pics for us....it's been a while. Being at home here in the states hasn't killed your exhibitionist drive has it?

By Jina on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 06:35 pm:

I want to meet Agatha someday.

I had an enormously fucked up dream last night. I can't even remember all of it, just blips. I was arguing with a fairy that belonged to me that we already had the fire seed, we got it in the first temple. It was a beautiful temple too. We even had to return to it to prove to her that I had it. And I saw my best friend pregnant, I couldn't believe it, she was huge. I talked to another friend on the phone I hadn't seen in years and sobbed so hard for not ever visiting her. And then I was in a building making some getaway, and I hopped in a car, a nice sleak fast car, but I couldn't touch the peddle that well, and the town didn't have any freeway entrances. It was all flourescent colors. I finished reading Shrodinger's Cat last night. I think that has a lot to do with it. The midget scores in the end.

By semillama on Friday, February 18, 2000 - 11:48 pm:

Have you read the Cosmic Trigger Series? What you really need to read is Quantum Psychology - mindblowing ideas. Actually just read all his books.

By _____ on Saturday, February 19, 2000 - 12:04 am:

but borrow them from someone. dude's been harvesting that shit for too long.

By cyst on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 03:14 am:

she wore blue velvet.

I think it's something about the way she talks that makes me trust her. I feel like I would believe everything she said. she seems completely devoid of phoniness.

she seems to know most of the people who hang out in downtown olympia. everyone likes her.

she and cleo are both very direct.

I had a great time in olympia. I loved the thrift store where I tried on a red velvet dress 10 sizes too small for me, agatha talked to some guy about knitting, and cleo wore five pairs of glasses at once.

hey, dave, did you like the stroopwafels? they're pretty sweet.

By _____ on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 03:30 am:

does stroopwafel mean stale waffle cone? i'm kidding. they're different. cleo likes them a lot. i don't really have a sweet tooth. are they imported?

By agatha on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 11:44 am:

dave is rude. i enjoyed meeting you, J____. did you have a good time with your tacoma friend?

By cyst on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 12:04 pm:

they're from holland.

I had a great time with my tacoma friends. we ate sushi then we picked up some pears, strawberries and ghirardelli chocolate and had that for dessert.

I ate way too much this weekend.

By Chakdor on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 05:15 pm:

Does anyone want to share some info about the best thrift stores in Tacoma?

By semillama on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

beware the perils of false slack

By cyst on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

I can tell you tacoma boys is the most amazing produce store I've ever been to.

it's huge. they had all sorts of fresh and frozen berries. they had cheap, delicious pears in different states of ripeness (we picked some up that were ready to eat that night -- most stores only carry hard ones). I couldn't believe they had five-pound bags of fresh, washed, cut-up broccoli florets (is that a word) FOR 99 CENTS.

and, get this, it's open 24 hours.

the next morning I had breakfast at the busy bee cafe. I took photos. I'll try to get them developed tonight and scan them in. I bet you can't wait to see.

By Chakdor on Monday, February 21, 2000 - 09:17 pm:

There is a wonderful old man in the foyere (sp?)that will shine your shoes at the county-city building in Tacoma. If you never even got a parking ticket there you would never know.

It's strange how you can live in a city and NEVER KNOW what goes on there.

I am thinking of buying a fixer upper of a house on the hilltop and I guess it was pretty bad there a few years ago. All I remember is driving up the hill and people jumping in your car at the lights.

By cyst on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 01:30 am:

the guy at the busy bee told me to get my shoes shined by junior, who's been working at the sheraton for 40 years.

so I went to the sheraton, but he wasn't in yet.

I bought a couple of brushes, some polish and some wax in seattle and shined them myself.

By Jina on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 06:03 pm:

My friend just recently had her car stolen in Tacoma. She use to work at the Olive Garden there, but quit. She got her car back, but the sub-woofer, cd player, and cds were stolen. Goodbye Hagfish. I'm going to make her a cd, of music she doesn't know, but will love.

It was just like my cd player. I had the previous one stolen too, by some meth freak. It's really weird if I think about it, I asked her a couple weeks earlier if she'd had her cd player stolen, and it hadn't..yet. The car came back pretty banged, something was wrong with the transmission, and they only gave her $1000 to cover her cd player and speaker. She's got this really cool one now, blue lights, Panasonic I believe... and a couple weeks before that she was in the turning lane and someone decided that she wasn't there and tried turning in. Tsk.

So she practically lives up there now with the friends she's made at work which I think is crazy, especially after getting your car stolen in broad daylight. I was afraid she'd disappear on me again like she did earlier. But she dissapeared from everyone. And if she ever does it again, I'm beating the shit out of her.

I saw her boyfriend yesterday, he gave off the I'm good vibe. I got one of those bright orange No Parking Here signs from him. She's the greatest friend in the world. There's none of that bitch mentality between us. She was so excited about me getting the apartment on the hill. I told her it spoke to me. And there was silence on the phone. "What?" I said. "I'm envious." she whispered. I am too, she has a lot of friends. She's been there already, getting the apartment and such, but she told me how she did it. It's so easy. Especially in a bigger town. We'll see more of each other, and I'll invite all the friends that moved away from this little town to Olympia, and see them at college. I've missed them. One night we all got together at Denny's, and I think I had 30+ cups of coffee, from 8-12, I was so wired. I'm also excited to meet strangers and invite them to coffee and hear their philosophy. It's selfish really.

She wants to take me to the airport to get stoned and watch people. I can't wait.

By Levan on Sunday, June 9, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

is it insurance fraud to have your insurance cover a item that was stolen in the first place?

i think i did that once. car stereo. i can't remember, though.

i'm a baddie.

goddamnit.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact