progess

sorabji.com: How do you do?: progess
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
semillama on Sunday, April 23, 2000 - 02:43 pm:

This is sort of a continuation of one of the threads of conversation that started on "Do you Love Me: or am I too freaking fat?"

I thought that if I wanted to talk about it more, it would be better to have it on a different post.

So, I'm 4 weeks into this workout program. So far I've lost 4 pounds and 2 inches off my waistline, gained a 1/2 inch on the chest and a 1/2 inch on the biceps. I haven't gained or lost anything on the thigh measurment. I would measure body fat percentage, except I think that probably the most accurate way is to have adoctor do it, and I don't want to sheel out the money to do so.

I am only two inches away from one of my goals: to reach a wasitline of 32 1/2 inches (My hips are 32). I am slowly increasing my muscle mass as well.

Why am i doing this? i think it's partially why any guy does it: to be more attractive. but also it's for my health and for my mental well being. I could take the easy route and slack off, but this is something worth working for. If there is nothing else I can do here in Wisconsin, I can get my ass into the best shape of my life.

Who knows, If I keep on losing the inches on the waistline, maybe I'll see my abs clearly for the first time in my life. I don't know what it is about abs, but they have some sort of special magical appeal to everyone. They're really a sign of hard work, I think. At least for people who aren't genetically predisposed to have little body fat and can always see them.

I guess I am rambling, so someone else can discourse on their workouts and why they do them, or probably just change the subject.

By heather on Sunday, April 23, 2000 - 04:37 pm:

moving feels good

moving the blood through your body makes everything better

my skin feels better

my hair grows faster (although i wish it would stop- i'm too lazy to get it cut and it's getting crazy long)

By Isolde on Sunday, April 23, 2000 - 08:18 pm:

Yeah. Mine is getting a little out of control too. I keep sitting on it by accident. That's no good.
    Moving is nice. I always feel more alive--more something, anyway--after I really excercise. I should do it more often. It leaves me feeling better.

By semillama on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 08:20 pm:

Update:

I am at 13.5% bodyfat, 159 lbs.

This past week, I have lost 1.5 lbs of body fat and added 1/2 lb muscle.

Carry on.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact