Hellish Weekend Wound Count

sorabji.com: How do you do?: Hellish Weekend Wound Count
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:06 am:

Only at two, unless you count having the runs and having my period come upon me.
    Bonked head on crappy suzuki samurai rear door thingy; bruise on swollen side of face and slight capillary breakage at the corner of my eye.
    Can't bend middle finger on right hand due to cat bite, one tooth mark on either side of central knuckle. Not very infected (mildly, but I'm keeping after it), just swollen and a bad place to have puncture wounds.
    Anyone else?

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:53 am:

yeah.....over here......

threw my knee outta joint (thanks to double jointed knees) photographing friday. slipped and fell on a stepping stone in a garden on a 30 degree slant....tried to catch myself as I tumbled.....scrapped up my wrist...now i am limping, and even worse, last night i noticed my ankle and calf were swelling......this happens every so often....however the swelling part is kinda new..... if it doesn't go away i will go to the doctor. fearful of the orthopedic surgeon i may have to see. last time i threw the bitch out i couldn't walk for a week and the doctor said if it didn't get better i would have to see a surgeon about rebuilding some of my tendons and cartilage that have been bruised by the joint popping. However the swellign may be due to my taking advil to thin my blood. i was told thinning my blood to keep circulation in the swollen knee was a good idea. i have had bad reactions to advil before....

my grandfather has two artificial knees....he says they work like a champ. perhaps i should be in the market for new joints

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:13 pm:

My condolences, Margret and Patrick.

No new injuries recently.

My left knee is shot. It's been giving me problems since I was a little kid. Two summers ago I got bursitis in it, and ever since then it makes a grinding/popping sound when I go up the stairs. My doctor says as long as it never gives out on me (which it hasn't...yet) I'll be fine. It doesn't hurt, unless it's going to rain. Then both my knees and my arthritic thumb hurt.

This morning I counted 34 grey hairs. I will be 22 in June. This sucks.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:21 pm:

damn rhi.......are you wound up? ergo grey hairs.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

No more than usual.

I started getting grey hairs in high school. My mother is 52 and almost completely grey. It just runs in the family.

I'm waiting for my hair to turn completely white. Then I'm going to dye streaks of red and black in it.

By droopy on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

this weekend a piece of my wheelchair fell off. the backrest on my chair is held in place by these two hooks that, by pulling on a chain i had stretched across the back, allows me to fold it forward when i store the chair in the backseat of my car. one of the screws with the projecting piece that that the hook onto hooks fell off. untightened itself, apparently. this caused this sliding piece on the chair, once blocked by the screw, to jam into the space at the folding point. making the chair unfoldable. i had to knock it out with a hammer and then secure it with a piece of wire (paper clip, actually). the other hook seems to on their securely.

i definitely need a new rollstuhl.

other than that, i'm fine.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:08 pm:

belly pain from laughing too hard at the Genghis Khan story at douglasadams.com.

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

Except for the bruise on my thigh,I,m pretty good myself for a change,if the question would have come up a couple of weeks ago I could have told you about how I got so fucked up that when I got up to take a pee,some way I got trapped in the shower and had to scream for help until I woke my husband up and he got me out of there.Rhi,I got my first gray hair when I was 15,by 17 I had streaks.I thought it looked cool,but when I had my Indian Maiden tribe,I realized my daughter thought that women who looked wayyy older than me,she still thought I was older than them because of the hair thing.I praise whoever came up with hair dye.Thank God it hasn,t gone south yet,I have black eyelashes and on my right eye overnight I wake up with a white eyelash,I tried to pull it out,but it hurt.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:39 pm:

"If the curtains don't match the carpet, get a new decorator."

-Angry Sam

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:57 pm:

I don,t get that,and I know about the carpet not matching the drapes.I use hot wax,fuck the carpet.

By Warner on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

Two injuries:

Playing the final Curling bonspiel (We lost, I slipped on the ice while sliding a broom to my lead. I fell right on my tail bone, almost passed out for pain. Good thing it was the 8th end.

Bad hangover from drinking my ass pain away.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:26 pm:

Where are you still curling at this time of year?

I can sympathize as I fell early in the season and split open an elbow....took a long time to heal,

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:39 pm:

I think I have to go to a dentist soon--my gums are receding. I can see my jawbone. It's pretty awesome, but I think I need gum grafts or something. (The last time I went in he said if they receded any more, that should be seriously considered.) Argh. Not wanting of the gum grafts.
    Oh--and I tripped on my desk and now my knee hurts.

By NZA on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 03:39 pm:

Back pain from painting edges in our porch at the weekend - but the new colours look great. Only one more coat on one doorframe and its done.

Utter exhaustion from a hell day at work yesterday. I hate it when the calls keep coming in one after the other and you can't catch up or finish off anything else.

Sore cheque account from contemplating our holiday - bought 500,000 lire yesterday. Only 4 sleeps to go.

I just hope I don't come down with a cold before we leave on Sunday!

By moonit on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

I am so jealous. Can I go in your suitcase? My workmate is going to Bali in three weeks. I'm not allowed to go in hers. *sigh*

NZA...Do you want to catch up on Friday after work? Or will you be too holiday excited?

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

One injury: pulled a muscle in my back while
    having sex with my girlfriend.

She threw up soon afterwards.

We've decided to not have sex for a while.

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 12:10 am:

Woah.
    Your girlfriend threw up as a result of sex? I can see why you guys decided to refrain for a while...but...dare I ask?

By Antigone on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 12:44 am:

We had gone to bed with rather full stomachs the
    night before. (Rennaisance faire food and Chilli's
    afterwards.) When we woke up she inexplicably
    had the urge. That state of affairs is so rare
    (her initiating sex) that we threw caution to
    the wind. I shoulda just said no...

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:04 am:

Ok, thank you for relieving me. I hope she feels better soon?

By J on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

I hope she didn,t puke on you.My ex-husband did that once,I heard him going J help me,but was quite drunk myself so ignored him till he hurled on me,he was a real asshole.

By Helen miller on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 12:16 pm:

my face is swollen on the left side it does not hurt but it is notice able aand i was wondering wwhat it is and wwhaat it is

By Christopher on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

It's a condition called Rosacea. Or maybe it's lupus. Or maybe it's an ingrown hair. Or maybe its an allergic reaction...Or a spider bite. Of course, its possible that reality is unhinging itself and you are begining the inevitable metamorphisis into a squirrel. Or a chipmunk.or...

By patrick on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

mmmmmm spider bite

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact