damn, i don't know

sorabji.com: Why did you do it?: damn, i don't know
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 04:29 pm:

Yeah, so I'm graduating in a few weeks but I recently started dating a sophomore. This is my first really big relaitonship, but we're both worried about getting too involved since I'm leaving for a month in june/july, then going to college 5 hours away in september. I am so confused, and I feel bad pulling him into this, but I really want it. At the same time, we both want it not to work so it wont hurt later. So frustrating. This whole thing just makes me cry, when at first it made me so happy.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 04:59 pm:

in my experience long distance relationships at your age are terribly difficult to maintain.

By Nate on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

you'll be glad you're unattached when you get to college.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 05:26 pm:

word.

By dave. on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

totally.

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 06:04 pm:

Can give you lots of grief. Did for me...

By semillama on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 08:58 am:

You'll be amazed at how much of a culture
    change you'll experience after a year at
    college, then your boyfriend will be a junior in
    high school when you're a freshman at
    college. That's a huge difference.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:01 am:

Sem, I think she's already in college, and the boy is a sophomore in college.

Right?

By Nate on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 11:46 am:

"since I'm leaving for a month in june/july, then going to college 5 hours away in september."

pay attention, spider.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 11:51 am:

What the -?

I could have sworn she was in college already, and studying English.

By eri on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

Chances are that both of you will start freezing up when the end is closer, and things will just end. At least that is what happened to me. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't take it too seriously, and the pain will be minimal, but the memories will be special.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 09:40 pm:

Yeah, i'm not in college till september and he's a sophomore in high school. I dont expect it to last into the fall, but i just wish that the end wasn't hanging over our heads right as we start out. It makes things a lot harder.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:20 pm:

Ophelia, darlin I went through basically the same thing with Marcy, when she moved to Spokane to go to Gonzaga.

It can work, but I don't recommend it. End it nicely, and go to college and enjoy. Her and I graduated at the same time but she moved and I moved, we were only about 3 hours away. But darlin belive me, its not worth it. Its more heartache then you really want.

Do it for him if not for yourself, belive me, it sucks a big fat one.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:36 pm:

well we are going to try, and just have a good time this summer, and not think about later.

By patrick on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 11:31 am:

a 1 1/2 hour LDR was a strain when i went to college. It wasnt so much the distance it was the fact that i was at college and she was a junior in high school.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact