Some red meat for Spunky

sorabji.com: Why did you do it?: Some red meat for Spunky
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 05:59 pm:

By Anitgone on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 06:09 pm:

OK, now check out George Bush's campaign website. They're not politically exploiting Reagan's death, are they?

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 06:29 pm:

I actually don't have it much in for Reagan. Yes, I know about all the things that went wrong in his administration, however I don't think it was so much him so long as the rest of administration. From everything I read it just seems he was a figurehead, and he meant well.

And if you really break it down, so much of the really bad stuff took place in his second term when his health problems kicked in and Bush 41 was basically president.

The danger of praising how 'likeable' he was (and he was) is it allows people today to make decisions on their 'gut feeling' of a person rather than logically vote on who will actually TCB.

By K on Wednesday, June 9, 2004 - 05:19 pm:

Really, everything else aside, watching all these tributes has made me realize one really important thing.

Reagan could, aside from all his faults (and every politician has them) speak.

Our current excuse for a president does not seem to possess this quality...

That's what it comes down to for me. If I really have to watch you fuck up and make bad decisions for four years, please at least do so with proper grammar skills.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 9, 2004 - 05:45 pm:

well but see, your standards are much lower after hearing 4 years of dipshit speak. Reagan wasnt the most eloquent to be sure so he only sounds like Einstein.

By K on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:02 pm:

He was a hell of a lot more capable of proper speech than what we've had to listen to for the past four years...

Don't get me wrong toots. I'm not handjobbing him or anything. I know he was a fuckup as much as any president has been a fuckup. All I'm saying is it doesn't make your brain pop when he speaks..

By Antigone on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:19 pm:

"Reagan could, aside from all his faults (and every politician has them) speak."

A few days after Reagan died I was watching the FoxNews coverage. The only clip of Reagan speaking I saw (and I checked it several times during the day) was one where he misspoke a couple of words.

Out of the thousands of choices, they showed that clip...over and over. Why would they show that clip, and not others where Reagan spoke more eloquently? To make Reagan seem more like Bush Jr, and vice versa, ya think?

It's subtle things like this that make it obvious that FoxNews is a propaganda arm of the current administration.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 03:36 pm:

Have you seen that O'Reilly is boycotting France again because Chirac isnt' going to attend Reagan's funeral? that its a 'slap in the face of all Americans'?

Looney tunes, man.

So what? PM Paul Martin isnt going either, neither are a lot of people. Clinton didn't go to Pierre Trudeaus funeral, is this a 'slap in the face of all Canadians'? NO! Who cares?

Totally looney tunes.

By Dougie on Saturday, June 12, 2004 - 12:05 pm:

I got home from a trip late last night, and there was nothing on TV, so I checked out the reshowing of Reagan's funeral. That was quite a coreography getting the casket out of the Capitol and down the steps and into the hearse. Then they showed the service at the National Cathedral. Who the hell knew John Danforth was a minister -- I didn't. Brian Mulrooney gave an excellent speech, then Margaret Thatcher had some pre-taped bs, then the 2 Bushes -- aargh. I still can't stand Nancy Reagan's cow eyes, and those glasses she wears enhance the effect. I wonder if they'll pull all the stops out for Ford and Carter when they go like they did for Reagan -- doubtful.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact