Iraqi police are gettin' busy

sorabji.com: Why did you do it?: Iraqi police are gettin' busy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 03:04 pm:

Here's a first hand account of a Canadian journalist who was taken hostage by Iraqi militants and recently released. He was captured right next to an Iraqi police checkpoint. Several times while he was in custody his captors interacted with the American paid and trained police. From the link:

"For me to see this and allowed see that, and the collusion with the police I think was the key. Everywhere we went, including the first time when they put me in the car, the American-paid Iraqi police were the ones that were instrumental in working hand in glove with the resistance, allowing us into Mosul."

This is just hitting the major media, but might be suppressed. I just saw this guy on Foxnews, where he said this stuff, and the interviewer didn't react at all. THey mainly asked him to talk about how terrible his torture sessions had been...

By Antigone on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 03:14 pm:

More:

"This week, the Canadian Halifax Herald carried a unique first person account by Scott Taylor on his capture in the Tal Afar enclave, describing how as a hostage of the Ansar al-Islam he was transported between various safe houses, farms and hideouts before being eventually released beside a highway in the city of Mosul. His most startling experience was being handed over by members of the US-funded, newly constituted Iraqi Police Service to his captors. A police officer at the Tal Afar checkpoint instructed him to climb into a car full of masked gunmen. Only too late, he realized they were not a special police unit but terrorists who later claimed that many of the police in Mosul donate part of their US salaries to anti-US forces."

By Antigone on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 03:15 pm:

By patrick on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 05:41 pm:

like any guerilla type insurgency, the lines are so fucking blurry.

the failures of of Falloujah, where the US ecently disbanded the local led exclsuively Iraqi force that was established to quell the insurgency because it was made clear there was no line between so called Security forces and the insurgents. The insurgents are led by foreigners and us Iraqi's as pawns, so why would you, newly decorated Iraqi police officer take arms against your neighbor who joined the insurgency because his family was bombed to fucking bits.

By patrick on Friday, September 24, 2004 - 05:43 pm:

and by the same token, you're an Iraqi police officer. i need the money to feed my family. i wouldnt mind paying the insurgency to give me warning if they are about to blow the police station up.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact