WAYD

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: WAYD
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Pete on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 06:24 am:
    I have failed miserably in my attempt to find the WAYD board....where could it be?

By Nate on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 09:59 am:
    Perhaps god has smited it.

After the flood god made a covenent with Noah. He promised never to destroy creation like that again, and gave us the rainbow as a symbol of this covenent.

you will notice, however, that throughout genesis he says nothing about the WAYD board.

By Sorabji on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 10:36 am:
    wayd is decompressing.

what happened was yesterday i said "if there is one more 'lolsmoochgropeloverlips' post i am going to destroy this thing."

and a minute later, it happened.

wayd is not supposed to be a chatroom, but that's what it has turned in to. it is supposed to be something which people who have never been to this site before see for the first time and think "what am i doing?" it's supposed to make you think about what you are doing, where you are, what is happening around you. maybe it's a little too zen and maybe i'm a dumbass for leaving it so vulnerable to abuse, but it's not like there are not dozens of other boards here.

maybe i really don't know exactly what wayd is supposed to be. but i'm going to re-construct the scripts behind it so that for one thing no one can post more than once a day, and for another any post containing the word "smooch" or "lol" (or any other word or phrase which gets in my craw -- like "Fruit Plate") will SELF-DESTRUCT

By Blindswine on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 11:14 am:
    and so the creator spoke; his word is action. he looked down upon his deed--
    and saw that it was good.

By Do I Really Want To Post My Name Here on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 01:05 pm:
    oh, mighty god, tell me who shall be smited, and they shall be smotened....or something like that.

(was it me who wrote smooch? i can't remember....don't think i've ever said loverlips, but hey, who knows? maybe i did in a moment of insanity....for whatever transgressions i have made in the face of the allmighty, i humbly beseech thee for thine most holy of holy forgiveness)

can we still use HA!? maybe not....howabout YA!? that has a certain germanic fahrfegnuven ring to it....

By Sarah on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 01:30 pm:
    only ONCE a day?

oh i get it. it's sorta like a 12 step program for WAYD users.

1. i admit that i am powerless over my posts to WAYD...

HA!

By Kelsey on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 07:45 pm:
    i'm okay with it. it's your web page, mark. you do what you want.

By Joanne on Friday, June 5, 1998 - 10:06 am:
    nice move mark.

but hurry. somehow i miss just swinging on by and looking through my window to your office and seeing you working and thinking about time and work and p/leisure and just saying what's going on. In the NOW. Like Ken Kesey and his chums on the bus

By sarah on Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - 11:40 pm:

the only one who could ever reach me
    was the son of a preacherman.

By sarah on Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - 11:59 pm:

okay, so what i've failed to do, among other things, is keep a journal.

so i guess, it appears i've turned into the middle aged mother of two who has nobody to talk to.

sitting on the back porch under the fairy lights. my back porch is gorgeous. my ornamental and vegetable gardens are blooming with life, flowers, and fruit. canna lillies, agave, oleander, jasmine, ethiopian and celebrity tomatoes, fairy tale eggplant, miles of mint and basil and dill. it's been raining for two days, so the air is thick and wet, and snails creep around everywhere. fireflies and mosquitoes.

i can peek in through the french doors and see senor watching the NBA (i hate the NBA) while trying to make up for lost hours at work on the other laptop.

today is my daughter Natalie's first birthday. she is so sweet and happy and beautiful, it nearly hurts to look at her.

20 long days til we leave for Hawaii.

remind me when i'm closer to sober to give y'all my recipe for the Cheeky Vixen cocktail.

By Daniel on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 12:40 pm:

I call bullshit on paragraph two. You have my number, I just don't text for religious and homeland security reasons. Still no scrabble.

By J on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 12:50 pm:

Sending Natalie birthday hugs and have a wonderful vacation.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact