I bought beer but didn't drink any.

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: I bought beer but didn't drink any.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Whet on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 12:47 am:
    I bought some beer cause I felt like having one.
    Got it cold too - at the gas station in the cooler.
    I COULD have bought it at the grocery store and paid $6 instead or $7, but it seemed like a good idea at the time and the impulse was there, and I happened to have a wad of $1 bills in my pocket that were kind of uncomfortable and they needed a place to go or at least be converted into something more productive than a semi wet from sweat due to sweltering southern heat bills...

SO I bought beer.

I wanted rolling rock.
    Well REALLY what I wanted some of this loverly brew that is only sold up north. Last time I went I planned on bringing some back like last time I went, but this time I flew and didn't think I could get away with putting a case or two in the luggage without it getting broken or condemmed in the xray machine or seized as contraband.
    [btw anyone have experience getting through a xray ridden airport like atlanta with beer/alcohol in your luggage?]

So they didn't have rolling rock OR the stuff I wanted.
    But they had Corona and I had mexican this week. So it ended up being the beer of choice for the night.

Actually though, right now I STILL want one.
    But its late. I have to get up and work on some dangerous heavy equipment shit in the morning, and I'm trying to decide if having a beer now would make that much difference.

Hmmm
    actually it might help me sleep.
    (see mental justification at work ;)

I don't drink beer that often and is why there was none in the house.

I think it must been *subliminal suggestion* in advertising at some point in my day to create an urge strong enough to warrant me stopping at the gas station for a 6 pac.

I want one, but now if I DO drink one, can I still post under the 'I bought beer but didn't drink any' category?

You know what though?

THATS LIFE.
    It don't always turn out the way ya planned.

heh

I'm gonna have a beer.
    Just one.
    Then call it a night.

I hate that word 'failed' as in 'failed to do'
    So this is gonna be one thing I 'failed to do' but ended up doing anyway.
    I like the sound of that much better.

Nite nite folks.

Wait a minute - I'm not quite done. Sometimes I forget to click on POST. ;)

I couldn't find the bottle opener. So I used a SPOON. The handle end, and pried off the cap. Some countries haven't invented the twist off cap yet but no worries, I didn't twist it hard enough to rip the skin off my fingers before realizing it was a real cap instead of the twist off kind.

Thats the way life goes sometimes too.
    You decide to do something after all that you would have regretted NOT doing, and you TRY to do it and almost rip the skin off your fingers or your ass or your heart, and this obsticle pops up in your way of accomplishing your goal like not being able to FIND the bottle opener.

BUT you improvise. You use a spoon. Your creative and overcome.

And if you're like me, you see the fucking magnetic bottle opener stuck on the fridge as you walk by proudly thinking to yourself how you managed to overcome the obsticle being creative n all.

Thats life too though.

What counts is that you did what you wanted to do.
    You did it.
    You did it.

Now I'm done.
    :)

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 06:32 am:
    Whet: Could you be related to me? LOL You sounded earily like myself and one of my cousins just then while talking about buying your beer.

I myself to do not like beer, I much rather prefer the cider brews. While the "on tap" variety is far superior to any bottled brand, Cider Jack and WoodChuck aren't so bad. But, there is nothing like Hard Core on tap. Aaaaaaaaaah! Refreshing.

Now back to the question. My last trip to California I carried back 12 bottles of wine from a winery (whose name escapes me right now)in San Luis Obispo. 8 were in a cardboard wine carrying doohickey/case and the other four were wrapped amongst my clothes.

I had no problems.

My mother now has illegally mailed beer, wine, and liquor overseas and gotten away with it. Go figure.

Hope that helps, Whet dude! *cheers* *nostravia*
    *buon salute*

By Ridin on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 12:49 pm:
    I bought beer yesterday....."company" was coming. I had some beer in the fridge, but not the kind he drinks. So, I went out and bought the kind he likes. I drink beer when I go out, but I rarely, if ever, drink it alone, much less buy it with that intention. Anyway, all 6 bottles of "his" kind of beer are still in the fridge cuz he didn't show up, couldn't make it. So, not only am I SO DISAPPOINTED, FRUSTRATED, and PISSED, THAT I CAN'T EVEN SEE STRAIGHT, I have this beer, icky beer (Budweiser) in my fridge, and I KNOW I will NEVER, EVER, drink it, especially alone. Not only that, I bought it at the 7-11, which I am sure I paid 9498503086 times the price I would have paid had I bought it at Vons or Ralphs. That will be the last time I am thoughtful and buy someone else's "kind" of beer again. Next time "company" comes (probably the year 2009), I'm buyin' MY kinda beer. It's my house, they drink what I buy. Wait. Next time "company" comes (probably the year 2009), they're bringing THEIR OWN damn beer. No, wait. Next time "company" comes (probably the year 2009), they're bringing a bottle of EXPENSIVE wine, because they don't drink beer when spending an "evening" with a woman. Oh, one more thing. I will never, ever cook dinner BEFORE "company" arrives. Scratch that. They're taking me OUT to dinner, to some place that serves wine out of a bottle, not a box.

Jimbaby, Cider Jack ROCKS. It is SOOOOOO much better than beer-beer.

By PetRock on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 03:21 pm:
    Can't say I've ever had, tried, or even heard of Cider Jack....is that the brand name or just a variety of whatever?

Did have A beer last night. One. Uno. Believe it was Coors....16oz or so in a plastic cup for $4....damn ripoff.

Last time I had a beer-beer, an in-the-bottle beer, it was a Corona for which we went to the Giant to buy a lime to shove down the neck of the bottle. Very good....too bad I am now restricted to 2 drinks of any kind on the advice of my dr....apparently my meds don't/won't work so well when tempered by alky-hol. Plus, I'm afraid of doing a Karen Ann Quinlan, know what I'm sayin?

By Ridinjackciderbareback on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 03:47 pm:
    Petey.....please don't do a Quinlan on us.

Cider Jack is a hard-cider. It's smooth and very good, and will kick your ass. Well, it did me the first time I had it. So I had it again, and again, and again. But, like with many things, it wasn't as good as the first time.................the ass-kickin that is.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, June 28, 1998 - 06:19 pm:
    And it's SOOOOO much better on tap. MMMmmm. Yeah Pete, no Quinlans ok? Just leave the drinking to us other poor slobs... LOL

By Pete on Monday, June 29, 1998 - 08:44 pm:
    *whiny little boy voice* but I wanna be able to drink like all the big people!!! awwww this ain't no fair....you guys are having all the fun of drinking and I get to stand by and watch....shit....(and no more talk 'bout the pleasures of vodka, kay?)

By Ridin on Monday, June 29, 1998 - 09:39 pm:
    Petey, just think of the public service you are doing by being everyone's DD. And.... you won't be the one prayin' to die at 4am after a night of drinkin too much.

By Chordata on Tuesday, June 30, 1998 - 07:02 pm:
    Guinness, baby. Guinness.

None of this wimpy cider shit.

By Whet on Tuesday, June 30, 1998 - 10:44 pm:
    Jim:
    Possible so. And you know what?
    If I ever decide to have sex with a man I want it to be you.
    You seem like a really nice guy, and mabe I'll just throw in the towel and switch from women to men anyhow.

Ridin:
    I thought we had this beautiful thing going, I was gonna be your manly man n hold your hand, and I offer a cup of coffee to a woman whose way with words I admire, a friend, a woman that *already* made it obvious that I'm NOT her type in other threads....

AND,,, and and and here you go buying BUD for some guy you're planning on getting drunk and taking advantage of, when you were so upset because all I wanted was have a cup of coffee with a friend?
    And worse of all... a BUD man?
    I mean the bullfrog stuff is funny, but the beer tastes like PISS>

Now *I* am the one thats CRUSHED.

All that beautiful poetry, words of love and affection I lavished on you and now I find its really some Bud guzzling dude in your sights?

JIM:
    I'm just about through with women.
    I mean as friends they are fine, but sexually I just don't know anymore.

Cider is pretty good though I think.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, June 30, 1998 - 11:54 pm:
    Whet baby c'mere and sit next to big Jim. *evil grin*

By Ridin on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 12:26 am:
    But I can explain . . .

He's a Marine. And he says "Uh-Rah!!" just how I like it.

By PetRock on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 06:35 am:
    mmmmmmm.....Marines.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 08:36 am:
    Say PetRock, did you know there was a Marine barracks here in D.C.? I am just very recently learning of this. Capitol Hill. 8th Street. It's like driving through a wet dream.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

By Asia on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 08:48 am:
    mmm..cider...mmmm...marines drinking cider.

the last time i got all good and sloppy it was at a club near me. yellowman was playing. after my 4th or 5th hard core, i started dancing ALONE (mah husband not being the dancing fool type, and the friend i was with was trying to scope out chicks). i danced and danced and danced and danced ad infinitum. i decided that there could be no one cooler than mah friend yellowman. heh. it was pretty funny. i actually wound up dancing so much that i sweated out everything i drank, basically and left the club totally sober. i was like a woman posessed. people moved out of my WAY.

man, i was sore the next day.

but, pj, i totally agree--hard core. on tap. it's the way to go.

By Ridin on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 09:15 am:
    I wish I could buy a 12-pack of Marines (would that be a platoon?).......I'd drink everyone last one of'em.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 09:48 am:
    LOL@Ridinbabe!!!!! Girlfriend!!!! Why aren't you on ICQ???

By Skottey on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 10:46 am:
    I like beer at home but I usually don't drink it when I am out. Occasionally I will have a draft beer (IceHouse) with my dinner but I don't usually drink beer at a nightclub or bar.
    Believe it or not I get fucked up and puke and feel blowted on beer when I drink it a lot in quantities, I have made a fool of myself in Ybor City before drinking beer. Usually I drink Vodka and Coke or Jack Daniels and Coke when I am at a club. I also enjoy daquires on a hot summer night in Florida. There is a place called Fat Tuesdays in Ybor City that has a good variety of daquires.

I do however drink beer at home, usually no more than 3 or 4 in a night. I usually drink 1 beer per day, sometimes 2 at home. Not because it is healthy (they say it is) but because I like the taste. My favorite kinds of beer are BUD ICE LIGHT, HONEY BROWN, and ICEHOUSE (not in order of preference).

I remember growning up in Michigan, everybody drank Busch, especially at parties. I used to drink it and not even think twice, now I cannot stand the shit. The funny thing is everybody in Michigan seemed to hate IceHouse so I really never tried it up there, but when I moved to Floirda it seemed to be extremely popular, I tried it both on draft and in the bottle and realized I found my beer of choice, of the 3 IceHouse is my favorite.

Drink it UP!

Get Fucked UP!

Get Shit Faced!

Have a Great Time!

Party till its 1999!

..............Don't drive.

By Chordata on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 01:14 pm:
    Yeah, it's tons more fun to poison your body with alcohol to get "fucked up" (for which there is definitive proof of brain damage) than to take chemicals which research has shown no ill effects for the purpose of meditation and self-reflection.

;)

P.S. I like to drink sometimes; Please refer to another thread for the impetus behind this message to Skottey.

By PetRock on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 01:16 pm:
    Jim. Babe. What planet have YOU been living on for the last 20-something years? Great googlie mooglie....even I knew about the Marine barracks....who do you think it was that was tossing those tear gas cannisters into the bar (gay) on Capitol Hill? The Army??? I don't think so! And you call yourself a native Washingtonian!? You should hang your head in shame....get thee to a Marine barracks for a paddling. heh heh

By Asia on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 01:32 pm:
    pj: i'd no idea you were on icq! i demand an add!

By Skottey on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 02:26 pm:
    Chordata,

I clearly stated in my other posts that "Drinking causes brain damage" I clearly stated that I drink, I have never denied that.

I have said before that I have nothing against drinking or smoking pot. I don't smoke pot anymore, I have not since before my son was born, but I still think it should be legal.

I just dont think people should use hallucenagines like LSD, Peyote, Shrooms, etc.

The fact of the matter is, all of these things cause brain damage. But at least I know the effects of going out and getting shitfaced drunk.

Back in the day of tripping the aftermath of the trip varied from time to time, there were times I felt like my brain was mush.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 04:34 pm:
    Peteypoo: Unless of course, you would like to do the paddling. *grin*

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, July 1, 1998 - 04:39 pm:
    I sure am Asia. 11843112.

By Ridin on Thursday, July 2, 1998 - 12:01 am:
    Jimbaby.......I'm on sugarbutt, just invisible to the nekkid eye.

By PetRock on Thursday, July 2, 1998 - 06:40 am:
    Better get those x-ray specs on Jimbo....I hear Ridin is nekkid. hehehe

By Ridin on Thursday, July 2, 1998 - 09:24 am:
    Petey......I promise you......ya don't want to see me nekkid.

By PetRock on Thursday, July 2, 1998 - 12:58 pm:
    well, maybe not ME, but I'm sure that uh, say Whet, would like to....or any of our fine selection of straight eligible young men here in Sorabji World. Take your pick Ridin -- they aim to please. Heh heh

By Whet on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 08:56 am:
    Ummm but of course, for you Ridin dear...
    but ONLY for purposes of artistic enjoyment. Looking on in awe of the wonders and beauty of the nekkid female form ahhhhhhhh :)

Jim:
    Don't break my heart already talking about MARINES....
    Wait until you've had at least ONE good lumberjack K?
    Marines aren't the only one with *hard* in their bodies.
    If you like a beard nuzzling you juuuuust the right way you're out o luck with a marine.
    Whats worse is they are usually too busy sayin "Uh-Rah!!" to remember to roll their log (if they have one that is) at the right moment.
    Give a lumberjack kinda guy a chance!
    you too RIDIN
    :P

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I'm wondering about the combination of fireworks and beer?

I mean you DO need a bottle or sumptin to stick the stick part of the bottle rocket into. I mean it wouldn't be SAFE to try and hold them in your hand while lighting them. Especially if you had a beer or two. So I guess its a necessary thing to drink a few beers, to obtain said empty bottles for the purpose of saving said fingers from an untimely scortching.

Beer n bottle rockets!
    ;)

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 10:59 am:
    Whet: I'd shag you any day, stud. Your a MANLY man. Grrrrrr. But still there is something about that buzzcutted, buff, uniformed, military man that sends infernos through my loins.

And, bottle rockets are not safe ANY time, let alone after beer. YIKES! Don't hurt yourself before I get to feel that beard nuzzling me!

By Ridin on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 12:03 pm:
    All straight, eligible, sorabjiites...........STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 03:16 pm:
    *Jim takes a chair, sits back and watches Ridin start counting*

By Ridin on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 04:59 pm:
    I hope that's a comfy chair Jimbaby......I can't do math in my head, so this may take awhile.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 3, 1998 - 11:20 pm:
    *Jim hands Ridin his Hybiscus, er... I mean Atticus... no... Bisuits and gravy... um...
    ABICUS!!!*

That's it. This should help you Ridin! Please hurry, this is NOT a comfy chair. It's one of those cheap white resin ones you buy at Walmart for like 50 cents each.

By Whet on Saturday, July 4, 1998 - 12:06 am:
    Awww thanks Jim.
    Come here and let me give you one of my famous bear hugs.
    The kind where I hold you so tight you can feel my heart beat.

Ridin:
    Think you can do math in my head?
    Pull up a chair Jim, I *hope* its gonna take a while ;)

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, July 4, 1998 - 01:03 am:
    *Jim sits on Whet's lap while Ridin starts countin'*

By Ridin on Saturday, July 4, 1998 - 02:50 am:
    <pushes Jim off Whet's lap and hops on and starting calculatin'>

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, July 4, 1998 - 07:14 am:
    HA HA HA HA HA (Vincent Price sinister style not Giggling school girl style)

Ridin has forgot that Jimbabe is a BIG boy, and not easily pushable off anyone or anything. Specially a stud like Whetman.

*nyah*

By Whet on Sunday, July 5, 1998 - 04:44 pm:
    Oooooo I like the way you calculate Ridin!
    Remember those old addin machines where you keep pushing the right buttons until you get really close then give the big long handle a yank to get your results?

No worries, got plenty - like they say - get all you want will make more ;-)

HEY what happened to the nekid Ridin pics???

By Randy on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

This website is very very gay

By Nate on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

I KNOW ISN"T IT THE BEST!!!

By Cat on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

GET YOUR TWISTY-TURNY BUTTSEX HERE.

By semillama on Monday, May 28, 2001 - 12:12 pm:

Glad you feel at home, Randy.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact