forgetting her

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: forgetting her
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Muis on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 05:33 pm:

It's been three years. Every day I get up and think of her, afraid of the day she'll have her child.

Worst of all, I'm in a new relationship. My new girl understands my feelings, but it hurts her, so i stopped talking. (probably the reason why i'm venting this here)

I try to understand why I miss her so much, thinking if I find the reason I can go on with my life.

I made myself believe I had managed to create a goddess out of her, to worship every time things went bad in the new relationship. But it wasn't that.

I started to think it was purely sexual. So I ended up in bed with girls that resembled her. Even now I don't see how I could have been so stupid.

I try to keep as busy as possible. Problem is I'm heading towards a nervous breakdown. I can't go to a public place alone without sweating and trembling hands and feeling like i have to get out of there as quickly as possible.

By Nate on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

i'm worried i'm headed in that direction.

do you know the secret handshake?

By dave. on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:48 pm:

pussies.

By Master c on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 10:39 pm:

muis- do yourself a favor and get some counciling about this. i attempted suicide for a similar reason last october. the shaking hands part got so bad i thought i was going to fly apart at any second. one of the bleakest, blackest, most painful things i've ever been through.

obsessions are not your friends.

however, with help i learned how to let it go and stop blaming myself. hell, i even discovered some cracks in the 'goddess''s pedestal. but i couldn't get out of that thinking without the assistance of some very caring individuals.

seriously. get help. it's worth it to let that shit go.

By Hal on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 10:38 am:

Its a hard road to avoid. I've been there, muis take the aforementioned advice seek help. I don't mean get a shrink persay, but talk to someone who cares about you. They don't have to say anything, just listen. Vent dude, let it out because the more you keep it inside the more your going to think about her, and the more your going to miss her. Belive me, I've been there and I took the wrong road, I got lucky though, someone who cared about me MADE me talk to them. I thank them everyday for that.

By patrick on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

valium baby.

By Hal on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 02:26 pm:

Fuck you ass.

By Nate on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:14 pm:

sorry, hal... it's "fuck you, you ass"

you're getting there, though.

keep working on it.

By dave. on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:23 pm:

hal's been smoking schwarzenegger.

By patrick on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By sarah on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

oh dear, sweet valium.

By Hal on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 05:00 pm:

Ok...

Let me try this again.

"Fuck you, you asses." *plural*

By JERRY WHEELER on Monday, March 26, 2001 - 05:23 pm:

Wrong again.

By J on Monday, April 2, 2001 - 02:13 pm:

Ain't that a bird?

By Agent D on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 08:38 pm:

I remember her ,only first name. Her name is Sophia,i met her when visited Niagara Falls,Ontario. Boy ,I couldn't never get this out of my mind,but... what the fuck?

By Nate on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

are you canadian?

By Sin Nicole on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 10:43 pm:

Too bad Sophia was on her honeymoon!

By Dumpster Boy on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 11:30 pm:

Sin, that was too harsh!

What did agent d ever do to u?

Back off, bitch.

d ain't so bad.

By Sin Nicole on Wednesday, April 4, 2001 - 11:42 pm:

Mind your own fucking business, dumpster boy. What's it to ya?

The "agent," for your information, pissed me off with all that "muscle lady" crap. Body builders are a bunch of pansies. I could kick him and his muscle-bound dream girl back into the middle of last week without breaking a sweat. And furthermore, I'm sick of his "looking-for-muscle-lady" messages in all the truck stop ladies rooms. DO YOU HEAR ME AGENT D, STAY THE FUCK OUTTA THE LADIES ROOM, YOU FREAK!!! I'm watchin' for you, sucka, and you're gonna get it!

As for you, dumpster boy, why donja just crawl back in with the slime and maggots you came from!

By heather on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 02:25 am:

fuck you you ass

By Cat on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 04:05 am:

Dumpster/SinNicole, are you having fun wanking on and talking to yourself? I really don't get the point of pretending to be two different people on the boards. It's lame.

By AntigonE on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 04:38 am:

But, it's fun!

By AntigOne on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 04:39 am:

No, it's not! Shaddup!

By AnTiGoNe on Thursday, April 5, 2001 - 04:40 am:

GO AWAY! GO AWAY! I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!

By Muis on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

I went down the valium way for some months, quitted it and started smoking again. It helps when going to public places, just something to hang on to.

I guess I figured out what my biggest problem was. I quit school and home at the age of 16, worked in some factories, nightshifts etc. At 21 I decided I wanted to get my highschool degree, to be able to study at the art academy...I get my degree and meet this girl.

She's a few years older, her last relationship went bad because she had a sexual affair with the guy living next door. She broke up with her steady partner but still loved him as a good friend. Nothing that I couldn't understand.

Problems only arose once I noticed she still slept at his house sometimes. If she would at least have said something about it, I could have understood, but she didn't and I kept silent. So one night, after going out, I see her car in front of his house again. I wait untill 8 in the morning and see her leave. She doesn't notice me, and once she's around the corner, I ring at the guy's door, as he's a friend of a friend of... So he's surprised, but as a good psychology student, remains calm and we sit down to talk about the situation. He confirms what I already knew, nothing sexual going on, but ;(and that's where the shoe didn't fit); said that I was jealous about their relationship. He still loved her as he used to do before their incident but she definetely couldn't see him as someone more than a very good friend. Ok, I understand, but then she could have told me this herself. I decided not to go home through that neigboorhood again.

Once I saw her she didn't say anything about that night and I just forgot about it.

A year later, when cleaning my drawer I find this book and can't resist reading it. Her diary. Very very wrong thing to do. About people she still loved (hear me coming?). I tilt and once she comes home, tell her about it. Now the discussion didn't go about her and relationships but about me reading her personal stuff and I must admit she was right.

Another year later, we're quietly sitting at a pub, when a guy comes up she recognises as an old friend. I can't think else than he's an arrogant prick and tell her after the evening is over. We get into a big fight, her argument being that I'm just jealous, my point being that I don't like him and don't have to blindly accept everyone she likes. Afterwards she told me that the guy we met that evening was the guy next door which she cheated her boyfriend with. The next few weeks this guy regularly called her by phone and I let him do.

Around the same time I proposed her to live together and rent a house or something. At first she was enthousiastic, but that vanished away, I didn't see why, and a week later she phoned me to say she found a better appartment she was going to live in. Without saying anything anymore about my proposal. What bothered me the most was that she never came over to my place, I always slept over at her place. Renting my own place, working for it while studying and being at her place most of the time, not very logical, but if she said the time wasn't good for her to take the step, okay. A year later I make the same proposal, and believe it or not, exactly the same thing happens.

Meanwhile, she's paid by her parents, she gets a free scholarship etc. This makes my life and its financial troubles look miserable in her eyes. She even bought me prada shoes and all...I started feeling very insecure about myself, my age, my family etc.

After a third time being put down not living together, I break up with her. I don't hear from her for a while and a girlfriend tells me she went living together with a guy from class she hardly knows, after she slept with the guy next door again.

Since my last post here, I called her to go drink something and her response was: "I don't want to do anything my boyfriend (the guy from class) wouldn't like, you see I learned from my mistakes: it's better to have a clean breakup when having a new relationship."

That's what hurt me the most I think.
    Now there's only anger left.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 08:17 pm:

Damn.Thats the most depressing thing I've heard in a long time.I'm sorry for what you went through.

I think perhaps,when analyzing the situation,that you might of been somewhat of an enabler.I think we all fall prey to this gray area,when it comes to love.We tolerate things that ordinarily we wouldn't,when we are in love.

That doesn't make it any easier.But at least you tried.Its time to move on.Let it go.

And hopefully,she did learn from her mistakes.Hopefully,we can all learn from our mistakes.

Let it go.

By patrick on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:06 pm:

shit.

the boy set himself up for it.

dude, have some spine and some integrity and for god sakes learn to see when a girl doesnt respect you.

you shouldnt have asked her to move in with you so many times. once is enough.

she seemed to loose respect for you long before, but just didnt have didnt have the balls to tell you.

sorry your are all sad and such, but, you kind set yourself up for the repeated rejection.

By J on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:28 pm:

If he's anything like me,now is the time to rise to the occasion and fuck with her. It always makes me feel better.

By Xyrea on Thursday, November 1, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

But if its a "clean break" she wants, then he can't fuck with her. She'll just ignore the shit out of him and there will be no satisfaction whatsoever.

By Muis on Saturday, November 3, 2001 - 12:32 pm:

Why did I let it come so far?

She was on anti-depressiva, always stressing for school, money, life.

Her first boyfriend ever was the only one she really loved, but he appeared to be schizofrene and was taken in constant observation. So their relationship somewhat ended four years before I met her. When she met me, she compared me a lot with this guy, apparently I even looked a bit like him. At that time I didn't know anything about that story. It was only after a year or so, she came up crying at my door, saying this guy's parents called her to say he committed suicide in hospital. I went to his funeral with her.

I didn't have a very easy youth but I always had the feeling I was doing quite good. I mean I felt like it's part of life, the ups and downs, if it sometimes meant not having money or security.

I had a friend who shot a bullet in his head ten minutes after I spoke him at a birthday party. It was like someone sent me a card telling me that nothing in life is important enough to be angry over forever. It's like the only thing you can be angry for is when there's no one anymore.

I guess, when having a fight over something, I always had this feeling in myself like "I can take a lot more than this, I know what's worse". That's why I tried not to give in to my "negative emotions" and always tried to understand her. Now this may sound as it was hard to do that, but in fact, it felt liberating.

By J on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 10:32 am:

That's a good way of looking at it.Someone I know killed himself last week,shot himself in the head with a gun too and I always thought he'd o.d. or get killed drunken driving and take somebody else out with him.I feel sorry about this,he was fucked up,but likeable. He lost his family his job of over 20 years,but he was always given chances,re-hab,so many times I lost count.I think he always had a death wish. It's really sad.

By Xyrea on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

When I was younger, a guy I knew remotely ended up killing himself over his grades. He came home with an F on the report card, was terrified of telling his father, and so shot himself. His mother found him as he was bleeding to death.

By Muis on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 07:16 am:

feeling much better now... i'm out of this tunnel!

i want to thank all of you for your advice and good humor

bless you all...

By Muis on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 05:15 pm:

Ever notice how ageing mellows people? The obsessions are over, only witness now is my small beerbelly and the occasional Xanax I find here and there...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact