Preform to Expectations.

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: Preform to Expectations.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Hal on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 07:06 am:

Well kids, it finally seems as though the personal opinion and prejudice of my 400 lb boss who smells like cheese has finally caught up with me.

I was terminated from employment on Monday, by the fore noted person, and his boss the programmer hippy. I feel that this was an injustice and that I had been doing the job that they had been asking me to do. Whats more is, I am not the only one with this opinion, for it seems that not only a couple people in my department but SEVERAL other departments agree with me. Also the said people who agree with me have also been nothing more then supportive in letting me know of possible jobs elsewhere.

On a funny side note actually, one of the females in my department has resigned based on the actions leading to my termination. She feels that any department that would do something such as that to an employee who in her mind worked his fucking ass of has no need of her services any more and quit. *NOTE: she has more exp. in our field of work then anyone else in the whole company. Not only that she made this public to not only our respecitve managers but to the CEO, Human relations, and EVERY other deparment as well. People who know both her and I and know exactly what she was talking about.

I have no question that TBone will eventually post here, for good or for bad. He and I worked at the same company in the same dept. And I am unsure if he even knows of this yet, and if he does his opinion of it. Frankly I don't care. I wll move on, thus is life. However I felt I should share this with you, all the people who have come to become my personal little fucked up support group over the last 6 years.

Let the flame begin.

By agatha on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 12:03 pm:

are you and tbone no longer friends? seems like there has been some tension between you two, recently.

what next, hal?

By Spider on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

Good luck, Hal. I'm sorry you lost your job.

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

it doesn't matter how much an expert you are, the personal politics.......i'm the poster child for politics/termination. i just turned in 2 deaths, 1 broken neck and countless other acts of medical negligence to the state. guess what?! i was fired one day after the investigation started. i reported the termination/retalliation to the state yesterday and today more investigators have arrived. i'll probablly never work in this town's healthcare again. but what the fuck i'm sure i'm not the first nor the last who will be punished for a good deed.....

By pez on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 02:19 pm:

buisiness-types, corporation-types, are assholes. i'm sorry hal.

By heather on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 02:44 pm:

and i was under the mistaken impression that i wanted a job.

i would go paint if it wasn't raining.
    well, maybe i would.

find a way to be happy

there's not much point in anything else

unless you're going to write a novel

By Fb on Thursday, February 7, 2002 - 11:42 pm:

at this point i'm happy to be unemployed. sold my other house this week and made enough profit to do nothing for awhile. my wife is a workaholic with a nice income. she wanted me to quit, stay home and remodle the kitchen and bath. maybe this investgtion/retaliation mess will turn into a profitable lawsuit for me.

By Hal on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 04:14 am:

No nothing bad between TBone and I, but he may have an opinion about me losing my job that I am unaware of...

Who knows.

As far as the rest of the people there are concerned... They can eat a dick...

Whats next, I don't know, need to find another job I guess, or become a hippy one of the two... I'm thinking the job.

By patrick on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 11:29 am:

hey buddy, i might have to start charging you for using my phrase.

beav...is this a "new" wife right?

By Spider on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 11:39 am:

Did you get a severance package, Hal?

(God, I love the word "severance." It may be my favorite word. I love how it sounds and how it looks.)

By patrick on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 11:41 am:

ever listen to that DC band Severin?

By Spider on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 12:42 pm:

Yes! Alec Bourgeois was in it, right?

There's also a Severn, Maryland, which may be where the band got their name from (though it's closer to Baltimore than DC).

The "a" in severance is important, though. The "eve" part is the best, but I like the "a" and the "nce" and the "r" - "R" is a good letter.

By patrick on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

i beleive so.

my tape is long gone. they were never super mega favs, but pretty ok.

i heard a band i havent heard in a long time the other night.

Helmut. Jesus. Though they were more cock rock/metal than i cared for, the time i saw them with Swervedriver and Jawbox was pretty damn ok.

By Hal on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 11:29 pm:

No

By Fetidbeaver on Saturday, February 9, 2002 - 01:32 am:

yes, that's the "new and improved wife" now with 75% less bullshit

By Czarina on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 02:50 am:

Beav.........I'm proud of you. You did the right thing. I have been battleing with my conscience,about some similar misdeeds.

I hate this fucking medical industry.

Kudo's to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Fb on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 09:23 am:

thanks

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:50 am:

Happiness comes from the verb "to make happen" not from the verb "to be happy."

Thus saith the Big Ugly Goat to Goat Of Danielssss.

(This has been excerpted from BUG'S CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD)

By J on Monday, February 11, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

I'm going through some serious medical shit with my mother and it's very frustrateing and it's tearing the ass out of me.

By Hal on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 10:26 am:

Its my birthday... got my shoutcast shit working, I can now broadcast radio from my computer...

My little sister quit school, my mom called my crying, my dad is as pissed as he always was... And oh yeah I'm still outta a job.

So so far the only thing I got going is the shoutcast stuff... great bday eh'?

By agatha on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 11:43 am:

happy birthday hal! consider that shouted.

there are other jobs, and some of them might actually be fulfilling. go get em.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 11:52 am:

you dont read your email very much do you agatha?

have a good one hal!!!

By pez on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 01:48 pm:

happy birthday hal.

By droopy on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

happiness comes from happy which comes from the archaic noun "hap" meaning "pure fucking blind luck." I looked it up.

good luck, hal.

By sarah on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 04:03 pm:

to write a novel it helps to be unemployed and miserable. it's also a good excuse to drink a lot of black coffee and smoke cigarettes and generally be neurotic.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 04:18 pm:

It also helps to have killed a man.

By droopy on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

did you catch that "art and drugs" show on npr this weekend? it was one of those i just happened on to and i don't know what show it was or even what day. but it was some npr dude interviewing eric bogosian(sp?) and then going into short bits about rave artists, william burroughs, etc. there was a short interview with william styron. for him, drinking was an integral part of the writing process and very disciplined.

By heather on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 04:41 pm:

my drinking is very disciplined

at first

By patrick on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 05:05 pm:

unfortuantely to romanticized notion of writing is speeding up the death of my friend sam.

By pez on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 07:15 pm:

npr is going the way of the dinosaur. i'm sorry to say.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

wtf does that mean?

By Antigone on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 12:54 pm:

It means that NPR will be replaced by small shrew like mammals who live in burrows.

By pez on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 05:48 pm:

npr is no longer going to be funded by tax money.

hey-- somebody should sue the government because income taxes are unconstitutional.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

who told you NPR is loosing all gov't funding?

I've been listening to the pledge drive on LA's NPR for the last two weeks and there has been no mention of such nor is there any mention of such on the respective websites.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 05:56 pm:

By ody on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

one of my roommates said something about it. nevermind.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

That old chain email hoax about the 5 cent tax
    on email is still making the rounds as well.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 06:09 pm:

there isnt a chain email out there that doesnt get an immediate delete from me. even if there is any legitmacy to the cause, its an invalid way to petition to begin with. As far as I know, a "signature" in an email is not legal.

By Nate on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

your reality is an unfortunate place, patty.

income tax is voluntary. you can't sue the government for taking money we voluntarily give.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:12 pm:

not that im in a position to argue with you, im just curious where you draw that conclusion fucko

By spunky on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 07:52 pm:

fucko
    god I missed that

By Cat on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 10:47 pm:

I bet you did.

By agatha on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:58 am:

i've gotten the gel candle email forward about ten times this week. for the love of god, make it stop.

By sarah on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 11:05 am:

what's the deal with gel candles? they cause brain tumors? lupus? world war? they're manufactured by corporations who deliberately block food deliveries to ethiopia?

By agatha on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 11:55 am:

they explode. supposedly.

By sarah on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 12:34 pm:

oh. how pedestrian.

By Antigone on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

They blow up pedestrians?

By sarah on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:53 pm:

no, i heard they blow pedestrians.

By droopy on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

if you're in a wheelchair, can you still be a pedestrian?

i used to work in a place where there was a strict rule against running on the grounds. it was a store, and there was a security guy there who'd say "no running!" over the loudspeaker if he caught you. i started zipping around the place at top speed in my chair. no one said anything; i think they wanted to but felt embarrassed about saying anything.

By pez on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

my mom got that one and told me to be VERY careful. as if we didn't have anything else to talk about.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 05:39 pm:

I haven't gotten the gel candle e-mail, but I've got a cinnamon gel candle here in front of me. Never lit it, but it smells good. They explode? Porque?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact