AMMENDS

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: AMMENDS
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By PI Alexandria Sabine on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

I would like to take this time to apologize to the regulars on this board. Everything I said was in jest.(honest) I really meant no harm to anyone here. This is for Nate, Patrick, Antigone, and anyone else, that I may have insulted. It is not my nature, but sometimes it is fun to be aggressive. I am basically very shy, conservative, and really have a compassion for others. I just cannot play the flame game. It is just not me. So take care everyone, and just remember that personas can sometimes be just that, a character that is personified. I personified PI.

I have always been a huge fan of Mark's site, and will continue to love it. I love the music here, and there is so much to see and do on his site. I guess this message board is really just not for me, though.(laughing)

I am sure some of you have read Nick Bantock, and that is where I came up with the name Sabine. Yes Patrick, I am Sabine, Pi, and Alexandria. You were right.

Take care all,

w

PS There is no use to flame this post, because it really isn't neccessary. Here is your message board back, and see it is intact( sounds like Dr. Seuss, right). Oh btw, I don't have a penis, and my mother didn't chop it off. I am a female, and I don't have the time to spell check this...so tear it apart. Bye all and good luck in your lives.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

i pretty sure you didn't insult anyone. in fact im positive.

the persona PI and others wer just annoying...simply put.

if you gonna make a pretense of being omnipotent don't go mispelling proper names like "Neil", "Chapel" Hill etc.

If you gonna make a pretense of being a badass intellectual, you gotta do better than that.

if you're going to run a persona by, be good at it or just be yourself.

By W on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

That was not my intent to come across as a badass intellectual. I have never been a very good speller, because I am deaf in one ear and almost deaf in the other. I wear two hearing aids, but I am fortunate enough to have the kind that block out the screeching noises when listen to someone on a phone or using headphones to listen to music.

I did finish the school for the deaf, and finished college, but I am far from being intellectual.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

You're still full of yourself.

That means you fit in perfectly here.

Why leave?

By Spider on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 01:46 pm:

This is an honest question, and I don't intend any offense: how does being deaf affect your spelling? I would think that spelling is affected by how much or how little one reads.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

i was thinking the same thing spider.

being deaf has nothing to do with the ability type and read.

By W on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

I understand your question, but I really do not know how to answer it, okay? People with hearing problems sometimes have a horrific time with spelling. Talk to anyone that has problems hearing, and they will probably tell you the same thing.

I do like to read, but I tend to read books that other's do not get into. I love art and photography. I read a lot of art(sy) books and just finished reading a wonderful book about Francesca Woodman. She was photographer that died in the early 80's in the East Village of NYC. She committed suicide in her early 20's. I love her work. It is morbid, but has a certain passion to it. I will be glad to share a link with you all if you would like to see some of her work. I am not promoting her, but I just feel she had an eloquence about herself that is lacking in some of today's photographers. I especially like the one of her hanging in the doorway. Do you notice the passion combined with morbidness in that picture?(if you look at the link) She was her own model in most of her work, but lots of people think she had a preoccupation with death. I really don't know. So much for that. Thanks for your kind words Antigone, btw. I have been reading your posts forever to be honest. Well, here is the link, if you ever care to look at Francesca's work.

http://www.slack.net/~kiki/woodman.html

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:23 pm:

I thought PI was either Chosen One, or maybe that Watcher had gone berserk (PI meaning Private Eye, like Magnum P.I., as opposed to 22/7, and being in NC -- Watcher's in MD no? Fairly close?)

By J on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

I read alot and I can't spell.

By W on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

Gee, are you another one I insulted? Hope not. I hope this thread clears all that up Dougie.

Nah, I am just a person that has a big imagination sometimes. It backfired on me this time.

By W on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 02:56 pm:

I know what you are saying J, but I just don't think when I am typing too much.

Changing the subject I, the dummy I am, called one of those payphones in NYC. Was that not a mistake? Some woman answered the phone, and I said, "Is this McDonalds?", and she said "Hell No Mamma, this ain't no McDonalds", and proceeded to curse me out. I told her I was sorry, and hung up the phone. Tis not good to call payphones in NYC.

By droopy on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 03:03 pm:

actually, being deaf has a something to do with reading and spelling. when you're a kid, you're taught to "sound words out" to learn how to spell and pronounce them. to this day, i occasionally have to sound out a word to remember how to spell it. and if i think about it, the way i form sentences has a lot to do with being able to hear them in my head. at the very least, when you are deaf you lose a cognitive tool for learning spelling. you're just stuck with memorizing all the fucked-up spellings in our language.

it seems to me.

i'm a paraplegic and i have bad penmanship.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 03:18 pm:

for me its visual more than sounding out. im more likely to write a word out first.

By agatha on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 04:51 pm:

that's probably why you're such a lousy speller, patrick.

DOH! sorry, you just walked right into it.

i thought for a moment that it might have been joe, but then i dismissed that idea for obvious reasons.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 04:54 pm:

no, im actually a pretty good speller, when I take my time, and proofread.

Most of my mispellings are not words I don't know how to spell, just words i type too fast.

I suppose its a good thing I am cultivating photography because Im good at remembering snapshots of scenes, images, words.

I don't want to say "partial photographic memory" because it sounds really cheesy but thats what its like.

By agatha on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 05:03 pm:

i'm teasing you. i know are thinking while typing, thus the errors.

you're smart and funny and good, patrick. let me tease you every once in awhile, for crying out loud.

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 05:27 pm:

mmok

actually to show what a good sport I am....nico and were getting shit faced with angry sam and some friends Sunday.

I was being annoying, tossing pretzles at Sam and Nico. Nico having none of that, walked up and poured a beer on me.

wait did i tell this already?

anyway, what a hoot. the other goons got their kicks cause they assume she can do shit like that, which she can, but moreover, ive never had a drink dumped on me before.

i laughed. i asked for it.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

Are you telling us you like golden showers, patrick?

By patrick on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 06:36 pm:

duh!

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 08:09 pm:

dammit! i thought we were blessed with a new resident asshole. this place hasn't been the same since Lucy Phurre left.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

Yeah, I really miss being accused of insanity by an insane person.

By Czarina on Tuesday, April 2, 2002 - 11:14 pm:

Hmmmph.

I'd have to say,"My,my,aren't we contrite,after being found out."

By wisper on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

aww, come on guys, she just wanted her life
    back.
    Isn't that all any of us want, really?

Nick Bantock gave a lecture/presentation thing
    during my 2nd year of college. He was old,
    english and cool as hell. Real wise sounding
    and all that. Funny too. I like his books,
    thought i can't afford them.

By Gee on Friday, April 12, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

I wonder whatever happened to Lucy Phurre.

I never thought she was such a bad little tree.

well, PI is not as funny as she used to be.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact