Diplomacy

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: Diplomacy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 01:00 pm:

This guy pretty much sums up a lot of what people have been saying about the Bush Admin's problems with diplomacy.

By patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

mmm yeah....

By semillama on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

Of course, the people who are right wing here will jump all over it because it's an opinion piece. That's too bad, because this guy makes a lot of good points.

After all, you get more flies with honey than vinegar.

By Nate on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 02:40 pm:

actually, if i cared i'd jump all over it because it is an opinion piece without a shred of backing.

we're fine with mexico, for one thing.

and feel-good diplomacy sure helped carter win the cold war. oh wait, that was reagan's asshole diplomacy, wasn't it.

By spunky on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

No, Nate. When the school yard thug threatens to beat you up for your milk money, you give it to them. Every day.
    Don't bother learning martial arts or working out.
    It's easier just to keep giving them money.
    And maybe your 35 cents will be enough so they will leave other kids alone.

By Patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

By semillama on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 04:34 pm:

Uh, spunky? in a good deal of the world's eyes right now - WE ARE THE BULLY.

That's why we need to take better care to be better diplomats.

By Antigone on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 04:35 pm:

"When the school yard thug threatens to beat you up for your milk money, you give it to them. Every day."

So, you're saying the US is a schoolyard bully?

By Bigkev on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 04:51 pm:

"When the school yard thug threatens to beat you up for your milk money, you give it to them. Every day." or you get a couple of other oft-abused children together and strike back (at the knees, or balls). you do what you can/must to protect yourself (because self preservation is the utmost concern)

"So, you're saying the US is a schoolyard bully" - there is alot of the world who sees america this way... even some people that agree with the aims of america veiw their foreign policies thusly...

BTW why is it that the last time i was in america only 1 out of 6 people I asked knew how many states there are? (In Washington DC, all of whom were american citizen {i know cause i checked})
    just curious......

By spunky on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

Who has a history of giving out milk money?

By Antigone on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 05:07 pm:

Ghandi.

By Nate on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

no, that was salt.

By patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 05:25 pm:

fucking hippy

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 06:01 pm:

Bush has never really earned anything in his life, whenever he's faced trouble theres been someone there to bail him out, over and over again. which is why he's such a big baby when it comes to politics. He can't handle it when things don't work out for him..

Its funny how such a huge loser ends up getting everything. Really is the opposite of what an American is supposed to be. Worst president ever...

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 06:04 pm:

"No, Nate. When the school yard thug threatens to beat you up for your milk money, you give it to them. Every day.
    Don't bother learning martial arts or working out.
    It's easier just to keep giving them money.
    And maybe your 35 cents will be enough so they will leave other kids alone"

spunky, which country is getting its way, no matter what? which country is punishing other countries for not going along with them? which country is among those using threat of force to coerce other governments? (which by the way, is the dictionary definition of terrorism)

the US is a good country with good people....
    run by assholes.

And assholes get in fights with other assholes. its what assholes do.

But their your assholes, so for some reason you feel the need to stick up for them. Its pretty sad.

By patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

ooh ooh ooh ooh i wanna ride in a jet plane

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh i wanna land on aircraft carrier

me me me me me me me

c'mon guys...lemme do it lemme do it. even have them write my name on the cockpit exterior....

im waiting for the saturday night live skit on this little publicity stunt from today of him in the cockpit making buzzing machine guns sounds.

"what does this one do?"

"can i fire the guns...let me fire the guns...lets shot some dolphin."

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i really need to sleep now.

By Nate on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 06:50 pm:

at least he's not a chubby commie rapist like the last president.

i kind of dig the putin-esque assertions of masculenity.

By patrick on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 07:08 pm:

i guess since he used daddy's hook ups to dodge Vietnam this is about as close to war he's ever been.

i wonfer if those aviation pressure suits keep your balls from swelling too.

By spunky on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

"ooh ooh ooh ooh i wanna ride in a jet plane

ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh i wanna land on aircraft carrier"

i don't know about you guys, but I would love to ride in a fighter and land on a carrier.

By eri on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 10:14 pm:

I don't know about you guys but I bitched about Clinton dodging the draft in Vietnam, and it looks like Bush did something similar. Makes my respect level drop.

I want to fly planes and land on air craft carriers .

Hell I would give my left tit (the bigger one) to get behind a T38 for fucksake. I have always wanted to fly a plane, but have never done it. One of my friends from high school is flying a fucking U2 for all I know, and I still haven't flown a single fucking plane. Damnit.

Anyways....next?????

By Rowlf on Thursday, May 1, 2003 - 10:46 pm:

If I was a troop and near him when Bush was wearing that uniform, I would have rung his neck.

By spunky on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:03 am:

CIA, NSA, DIA, AIA, DoD and now Rowlf has brought in the Secret Service

By dave. on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:32 am:

?

pourquoi?

By J on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 02:43 am:

And Bye bye...give peace a chance

By Antigone on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 12:14 pm:

Yeah, Rowlf. Good thing you're outta the country, d00d.

By semillama on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:00 pm:

Spunky is telling us who is monitoring this website.

Forget ever coming to visit Rowlf!

By patrick on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 01:33 pm:

yeah way to go rowlf.

we can chill with the CIA, DOD, NSA and AIA guys, but now you gotta go bringing in the Secret Service.

Everyone knows those guys have a biggerstick in their ass then 20 FBI agents put together.

Btw...where is the FBI? Those guys have killer weed.

By Rowlf on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 06:09 pm:

ooh boy, I just took a look at what I implied... should I clarify here spunk before someone comes knocking at my door?

Dear Secret Service,

hey yo, wassup?

Mr. Service, I wasnt saying that I would flat out kill George W. Bush, by any means. What I meant to imply was when Bush was dressed up in military garb yesterday, I found it offensive. If I was a troop, I'd be insulted that someone who has avoided military service, and has had everything handed to him, is now "Commander in Chief" and dresses up in military outfits for photo ops like its fantasy camp...

wring his neck, just an expression.

don't kill me.

please?

By Rowlf on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

So I am the Internet "chatter" they keep telling us about now?

By BIGkev on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

i was wondering, does 'wringing' someones neck mean choking them to death? or could it be less fatal, like the simpsons homer-bart choking gag?

and to all the government agencies now 'supervising' the content of this BBS heres a giant FUCK OFF AND DIE, YOU NAZIS!!!!!!! leave us little taxpayers alone. (besides you round up all the little people that question things, who's gonna be left to pay your exorbitant salaries?)

HAH, take that pigs....... oh by the way im canadian, so you just try to come get me.....I'll be you freeze to death before you make it 20 kilometers (thats 12.5 miles, pig).
    hehehe

By patrick on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

when you guys learn.....

i keep telling you...

you canadians are fundamentally irrelavent.

By wisper on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

By Rowlf on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

I was thinking the Homer Simpson comedic choking when I wrote it

By BIGKev on Friday, May 2, 2003 - 08:20 pm:

i realise we're irrelevent. thats why what i wrote is funny (to me at least).

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact