...kick a drunk's ass.

sorabji.com: What have you failed to do?: ...kick a drunk's ass.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlf on Saturday, November 3, 2007 - 08:32 pm:

Remembrance Day is serious business.

For our American friends, Remembrance Day is sort of like Veterans Day, celebrating the end of WWI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_day

On November 11, most people are wearing poppies, which have symbolic meaning referencing the poem "In Flanders Fields". Everything goes silent at 11am when the treaty ending WWI was signed in respect and the idea behind the day is probably a little more depressing than Veterans Day.

Anyways,

Standing in the bus shelter today, 11:30 am. nearby was a young couple, 20-22 tops (looked younger). Inside this bus shelter someone had drawn a TV screen a la Truman Show that people could look through. And the bus is late.

Cue drunk guy, walks by the other side of the TV screen. He yells:
    "guess whats on TV? Its FuckedUpVision!" and he proceeds to lick the bus shelter area where the 'screen' is.

He turns to the young couple and commends them for wearing Remembrance Day poppies. I have my mp3 player with me, have decided to ignore him, but he says

"Hey, Where's Your Poppy, Asshole?"
    i ignore him, as headphones can allow a person to do.

"Hey! Where's Your Poppy, Asshole?"
    again, i ignore. clearly this drunken person could not be talking to me, the one without the poppy, right?

"HEY!!! HEY!!! WHERE'S YOUR POPPY, FAGGOT?"
    My liberal guilt would click in later, wondering if i cared more about being called faggot than asshole, or if it was simply a matter of rage that someone would yell 'faggot' in public. Regardless, and this is generally out of my character, I turn to him.

"Who the fuck are you getting in the face of strangers standing waiting for a bus. Fuck off."

he gets upset and threatens to kick my ass, I believe he said "pound me" for confronting him. He does the tough guy subtle step forward 'invading your space' step.

I should mention Ive seen this guy around the neighborhood before. He's always drunk or drunk-ish and has stopped me before to tell me some terrible priest rape joke right in front of my house that I dont remember anymore.

He asks me again where my poppy is, I notice he's not wearing one and ask "Where's your fucking poppy, retard". He didnt like that. We are literally in each others faces. I notice the other couple is slinking back a bit, and the girl of the two is hid behind the dude.

I grilled him a bit about how I can ignore him and just wait for a bus, that I'm nto an aggressive guy and was peacibly minding my business before he decided to be Spanish Inquisition about a plastic symbol.

"I intend to turn around right now and wait for my bus. You can leave if you want or waste your time watching"

I put my hands in my pockets and grabbed my keys, and put them in between my fingers. I think he's going to strike me. I've got adrenaline, trembling a little bit, and in my head at least the idea of keys in between my fingers if i hit him would act as a sort of brass knuckles type deal.

He steps forward a little bit. He's a little taller than me, no wider really. i question whether or not he could take me actually one on one, him being drunk and me being a little amped up. I still have my mp3 player in my hand though and if something had happened, it would be a goner.

We are chest to chest bumping Night at the Roxbury style "I'm turning around in five seconds, getting on a bus so I can go watch a kids movie (I was going to see NIghtmare Before Christmas in 3d). I did not intend to have any interaction over nothing today and I'd like to keep it that way"

I'm trying to talk this guy down, but in retrospect I was literally asking for a punch in the mouth in the way i said it. I'm sure I added a "fucking" in between words here and there to spice things up and surely not help.

As it seems we are at the climax of our confrontation, I notice the other dude is right behind him now, as if the 2 of us are going to beat down this drunk from the neighborhood.

I wish I could say for the benefit of the story I of all people beat the tar out of a drunk, but I didn't. This guy backed down and apologized and slinked away mumbling to himself, walking through the shortcut into my townhouse division. He said he had been up all night drinking, which I believe, but I think that might be always true with him. Amped up me and the other guy low-fived and talked about how we'd both seen this guy around before and had dealings with him, in the others guys' case throwing him out of a bar for being aggressive, screaming that Mattamy Homes, some local house builder, was a scam or something crazy like that. We both stood together and had small talk until the bus came, somehow sure the guy would come back. He didnt.

I expect I havent seen the last of this guy though. I just hope he was drunk enough to not remember any of this shit.

By semillama on Saturday, November 3, 2007 - 09:18 pm:

In the US, Veterans Day used to be Armistice Day, but they changed
    it to Veterans Day so we could have sales.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 4, 2007 - 12:48 am:

I wished that there won't be a daylight saving time, cause I get depressed when it comes to sundown at 5:00 pm, But when they changed this year, I liked when it get dark at 6:00 pm Instead 5:00 pm

By heather on Sunday, November 4, 2007 - 04:06 am:

i don't know what you're trying to say. nor do i give a fuck. it's the cursing hour.

you know? i'm just beginning to think that lsd is not the drug for me. bitches.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 4, 2007 - 03:55 pm:

Heather, I was saying is that, I don't like when they day is short for the winter time, I liked summer because longer hour of sun. I have S.A.D. (season anxitey disorder) :-)

By Nate on Monday, November 5, 2007 - 01:39 pm:

seasonal affective disorder.

dean ween had a dream about nailing a hot golfer.

let me fall out of my window with confetti in my hair.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 02:24 am:

whatever

By heather on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 04:05 am:

that's the attitude that got you into this position to begin with

jackass

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 12:45 pm:

Heather, nate is not making sense to me.

By heather on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 01:30 pm:

see what it's like when the tables are turned!?!?!

*evil laugh*

By Nate on Tuesday, November 6, 2007 - 01:40 pm:

<?
    srand(time());
    $IQ = (rand()%9);
    print("Today, Dr Pepper has an IQ of: $IQ");
    ?>

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, November 7, 2007 - 03:14 am:

Hmmmm....

By jack on Wednesday, November 7, 2007 - 08:36 pm:

hmmmmm.....$

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, November 8, 2007 - 04:44 am:

Hi Jack :-) :-P :-0 :-D

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact