What language? No, Dutch.

sorabji.com: Is it art?: What language? No, Dutch.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:20 pm:

I drew her this morning to try and clear the mind of this office numbing work. Starting to miss doing figure drawings in drawing class.

And if I'm really bored at work, I'll stick my head in the scanner, and see what happens.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:28 pm:

more scanner pics!!!!!!.....in fact, let's play a game where you put something on the scanner, preferably a body part, but not necessary and we try to guess it.........

what do ya say uh? uh? uh?

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:36 pm:

Hehe, okay, how about daily or something? Give me a day and I'll post one up tomorrow.

Don't know if I can do really good body shots or anything, I doubt the boss would like that, but maybe I can find various objects around the room as well as some body parts.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:42 pm:

oh i see you are at work......of course be discreet about it, don't want ya fired......wasn't suggesting you plop your arse up on the glass and hit scan........but i have found it interesting to view bodies in different perspectives.....i have attmepted some of this in my camera work (shameless plug)
    http://members.tripod.com/accustat
    it's interesting what some people tell me sticks in there head....just last night I was talking to angry sam and he mentioned "you know that pic with the neck muscle sticking out and ..." and I am thinking huh? But that was the part of the image he remembered........... you could scan your elbow and the image could throw us off for days.......it would be nice if the correct guesser could be rewarded with a piece of candy or something.......and of course you could taunt us, by not showing a new one until we guess the first one correctly.......

wow i am full of piss and vinegar at the thought of this game......

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:51 pm:

[Can I just say that the song that this discussion's title has referenced is my favorite song the woman has ever done...]

By Waffles on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

yeah yeah yeah thats great and all.....but the game the game....do ya like the game? and who is "the woman"?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:29 pm:

I have no scanner. I am not able to participate in the game.

The woman is the red-head with funny lips who plays the piano. Got it?

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:33 pm:

Hehe yeah I see what you mean, I like the game, give it a try at least, it'll give me one more fun thing to do at work. Sort of like drawing on the cover of Cosmopolitan, I found that Niki Taylor's arm much resembles a phallic symbol if she puts her elbow above her head.

And don't tell me you don't know who the woman is. Oi. I think my favorite song by her is the Doughnut Song and Cloud on my tongue. Tuffy between those two.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:36 pm:

well no Rhi, you can play along, it's a guessing game....i really really don't know who niki taylor is....is she from baywatch.....i am so so confused...

(is it time to go yet!!??????????????????)

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:50 pm:

Ooh, I like "Cloud on My Tongue" too. And "Space Dog"...especially the real pretty quiet parts...know what i'm talking about?

I've been playing her cover of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" over and over and over lately...luckily I go to a hippy bohemian school where everyone loves her, or else my hallmates would be banging my door down, ready to throw me out the window.

Sure, if all I have to do is guess, I'll join the game. Bring it on!

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 07:54 pm:

Really? What college/univ you go to? And yeah, the quiet parts are beautiful. Sometimes when I listen to songs, I try just sneaking into my favorite parts usually non-vocal and just staying in that feeling for a while.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 08:01 pm:

Bryn Mawr College. Which is not a community college, as some people would believe. Please. It's one of the infamous Seven Sisters schools...though recently there was an article in our newspaper saying one of these days we may go co-ed. Goddess help us.

Death to the Patriarchy!

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 08:02 pm:

BTW, you look eerily like a mannequin in that scan of yours.

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 08:04 pm:

Wow, never thought about that, weird.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 9, 1999 - 08:27 pm:

Check this out...two references with one link!

I like the Queen of Hell part myself...

By Waffles on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 12:13 pm:

my wife graduated from an all girls private college...Meredith College in Raliegh NC.....at the time she was doing feminist studies and got a degree in psych. and a minor in French...however she kind of regrets it simply because she was taught to to see the trees as opposed to the forest...as she says, she has had to do a lot of readdressing since simply because many of her professors were really wack...others were really great of course.......I dunno, I could never send my self to an all guys college....(oi vey!) Os I am alittle miffed at why anyone.....ahhh what the hell....what do i care???????

By J on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 01:17 pm:

My parents made me a ward of the court when I was 14,I went to a Catholic girls school from hell,I went AWOL after 2 weeks,nuns are cruel.

By Waffles on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 02:29 pm:

by t he way Jina, do we have a mystery scan for today??

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 02:53 pm:

Actually yeah I was just about to post it when the boss came over. For the joke part it was thisand he saw it. It made me feel so very very weird and bad. (blushcringegrinmortifycowerdie)

But here's the mystery image du jour:
    http://www.geocities.com/soho/studios/2696/part.gif

By Waffles on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 02:58 pm:

it's a knuckle!!!!!

yay this is FUN!!!!!!!!

By Curious waffles on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 02:59 pm:

you appear to haev really long fingers, are you tall?

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 03:55 pm:

I'm 5'6" :(

By Rhiannon on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 04:25 pm:

Well, you know, I'm 5'4" on this end...and MoonUnit's 5'2" (oh, I think), so you're still taller than some of us.

Damn you, Waffles! I was going to say a knuckle! Does this mean we both get a prize?

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 04:32 pm:

Hehe who has the candy? And Waffles are you going to do any mystery pictures?

By Waffles on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 05:30 pm:

i don't have a scanner, i would otherwise...

Rhiannon, you and I are both WEINERS!!!!

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 05:47 pm:

Alrighty, I guess I must take it upon myself to forge on. Stay tuned! I'll think another one tomorrow.

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 06:11 pm:

Oh wait, tomorrow's Saturday. See ya Monday.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact