wheat

sorabji.com: Is it art?: wheat
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sorabji on Saturday, July 1, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

By dave. on Saturday, July 1, 2000 - 09:35 pm:

that's about what it's worth.

By Antigone on Saturday, July 1, 2000 - 09:49 pm:

Excuse me, but "cunt.jpg"? Wassup wit dat?

By dave. on Saturday, July 1, 2000 - 09:51 pm:

he's tryin' to get us in trouble at work.

By moonit on Sunday, July 2, 2000 - 05:38 am:

i knew he was really evil.

By Zephyr on Sunday, July 2, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

Could Mark Thomas be satan?

By J on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 02:31 am:

Hey, don't bite the hand that wheat's!!!!!! !

By Jay on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 07:20 am:

i've always really liked those old school pennies. i remember the first time i got one when i was about eight. i freaked out. i thought i 'd found some old rare coin and was rich. dumbass.

By Isolde on Monday, July 3, 2000 - 12:33 pm:

I have a penny collection from high school. I never finished it. But I do have those nifty steel pennies from WWII. They're wheat-backs. And I have one of the _Really_ old pennies with the indian.

By semillama on Wednesday, July 5, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

yes it is art.

cause i said so.

I found an 1897 Indianhead penny at a site last year. Haven't found any coins at this site yet.

By Shadow of a cent on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

nice font between the wheat sheafs shafts

Where is the emperor for which the next month is named?

By droopy on Thursday, July 6, 2000 - 04:04 pm:

my years of flea marketing have yielded a lot of old coins and bills hidden in the old stuff i buy. here's what i've still got:

about $10 in wheat pennies. the oldest, as far as i know, is from 1919.

4 mercury dimes '41-42

an 1829 5 cent piece that's slightly larger than a shirt button.

some kind of token that has "1830" on one side and "good for 5 cents in trade" on the other.

1917 one dollar bill

one confederate $50 and one $20 (torn).

3 1923 100000 mark notes.

i have several jars and coffee cans full of coins, so there might other old coins in there somewhere.

By Gee on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:51 am:

I have a ten-cent peice from isreal. it looks like a tiny penny. I've always thought of it as lucky, because good things happened to me the day I found it. I used to wear it inside my bra all the time, but I worried I'd lose it, so I keep it at home now.

By Zephyr on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 02:42 pm:

What exactly is a mercury dime?

By Pf on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 12:20 am:

a dime with the head of Mercury on one side, all silver. "in Roman mythology, the herald and messenger of the gods; god of commerce; patron of heralds, messengers, merchants, and thieves. see Hermes."
    those dimes were fine looking too. as a kid i had a ball of silver dimes rolled into many layers of clear plastic about the size of a baseball. somehow i gave it to my mom for safe-keeping or such and that is all i know. should ask about it.

By Isolde on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 02:39 am:

Yeah, I love old money. I've been collecting old bills, too, ever since they made them ugly.

By Tj on Sunday, July 9, 2000 - 11:24 pm:

are silver notes worth anything anymore? I have a ton of them.

By J on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:45 am:

What are silver notes?

By Pfs attempt on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

silver certificates? there used to be gold certificates also. on certain bills (what demonitation(s) . . ?) during certain years, there was written on them . . . well, in other words, you could exchange "silver certificaates" for the bills worth in silver. After work in the 60 at a dental office that dealth with only bartering or cash, my cousins would look through the bills and save the siver or gold certificates. The government (i think) demanded a recall on them but some were/are still in circulation..

?

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

Yeah, I've gotten a couple in circulation. You can tell them from the blue printed words instead of black print.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact