"ANXIETY DISORDER"

sorabji.com: Is it art?: "ANXIETY DISORDER"
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Non Insane on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:33 pm:

Voges + Deisen Gallery is pleased to present:

ANXIETY DISORDER, organized by Irena Popiashvili

September 7 - October 6, 2001
    Opening September 7, 8-11pm

For full information please click below:
    http://www.vogesunddeisen.de

The exhibition features video and animation works that deal with variations
    on terror and anticipation in all their forms: impending doom (Nancy Miller,
    Christoph Draeger); manic speed (Sven Pahlsson, Chris Sollars); obsessive
    repetition (Kelly Lamb, Tim White); panic and fear of madness (Chloe Piene,
    Gert Robijns).

Voges + Deisen Gallery
    Hanauer Landstrasse 190
    UNION - Gelaende
    60314 Frankfurt am Main

tel. 0049 69 55 74 54
    Fax. 00 49 69 551028
    vd@vogesunddeisen.de
    www.vogesunddeisen.de
    ---------------------------

Electronic Flux Corporation
    http://www.e-flux.com

By Phoneaddleddaniel on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 11:33 am:

Apparently they didn't get the 9/11 MEMO FROM pRESIDENT bUSH YET.

by the way, what does anyone think of the Evo4 phone from Sprint?

You guys are in the know, I am in the dark, and I want to <learn> how to be hip n cool.

Will the phone do it? What about iphone 4G? Compare please if you know.

By Daniel on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 12:05 am:

what i know so far is from a cartoon on you tube comparing them.

quit your damn texting and post!

By Daniel on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 12:17 am:

Currently in an issue of EFlux: worth quoting for sure. Pepper, please decipher for us...

"The more capitalism behaves in “de-regulatory, ‘anti-statal,’ nomadic, deterritorializing” fashions, the more it “relies on increasingly authoritarian interventions of the state and its legal and other apparatuses.”8 While the “general intellect” in reality doesn’t appear to be that “general” or shared—with the products of the innumerable and increasingly dispersed multitudes becoming copyrighted, commoditized, and legally encapsulated as part of the accumulation of wealth by way of “rent”—the unity of the proletariat has split into three parts, following Žižek’s Hegelian idea of the future: white-collar “intellectual laborers,” blue-collar “old manual working class,” and the “outcasts (the unemployed, those living in slums and other interstices of public space).”9 Any possibility of solidarity amongst these factions appears to have been foreclosed, and in many respects the separation seems absolute. The liberal-multicultural self-image of the cognitive workforce doesn’t rhyme particularly well with the populist, nationalist position of the “old” working class, and both are further ostracized by the unruliness, illegality, and poverty of the outcasts who alienate white collar workers and blue collar workers alike, as they seem to indicate through their fate how imperiled their remaining privileges of citizenship may be. "

By Dr Pepper on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 12:54 am:

The more richer get, the less poorer gets?
    The end of civilization? totalarlian society are on the rise? You tell me.

By heather on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 01:00 am:

what's to decipher?

except for 9 to which i say, i do not think it means what you[he/she/it] think it means.

i buy apple and i don't apologize.

By la on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 02:09 am:

Any business receiving subsidies, governmental contracts or artificial raised pricing should be willing to have elevated government intervention.

No subsidies, less intervention.

Three classes is a rather simplistic view. Many people straddle two or all three levels and the positions of artist and entrepreneur (though depending on type may fall within a previously named class) appear ignored.

Also, current industry is attempting/has attempted to phase out old-school working class as much as possible (anything that requires additional labor that doesn't require going back to the company to get service, really).

Much of our cultural brethren have not grasped much of the capitalism-driven economic system. It's not how much money there is, but how quickly it changes hands. A lot of money sitting in the hands of the few is much less (at least what we can imagine it being able to do) than a much smaller amount changing hands constantly. More to it than bean-counting.

By Daniel on Monday, July 26, 2010 - 02:00 pm:

Is it true: EV04 screen is larger, has more apps, easier to use, does tie you to sprint whereas apple ties you to att, costs more? monthly costs more?

rich get richer poor get poorer : good deciphering. I too wonder at #9. the entire article is like reading glenn beck in a mirror while drunk.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 12:44 am:

I've heard that the Samsung Captivate is the way to go if you want Android platform.

By Daniel on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 11:17 am:

I am on my third sanyo and they each have been wonderful to the end. I also think the Samsung might be worth the look specially since it is less expensive.

Off to KC tonight for a few days of conferencing, eating bar be que, and talking about the lack of funding for my work here in St Louis.

By la on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 12:32 pm:

I don't know about their phones, but I've had mega trouble with a couple of Samsung products (an mp3 player and an external DVD-RW) & their customer service/driver site is difficult to navigate.

By Daniel on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 05:50 pm:

thanks! I think a company that makes good refrigerators does not necessarily make good cell phones.

Are you making any books these days?

By patrick on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 12:28 pm:

no need to apologize heather. i used to have attitude towards
    apple until i got the new iRack.

By J on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 03:28 pm:

I just got a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide and I'm loving it,seriously if it came down to giving up this phone or one of the grandkids I'd really have to think about it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact