Fahrenheit 911

sorabji.com: Is it art?: Fahrenheit 911
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 11:49 am:

Oscar-winner Michael Moore’s next project will depict the murky relationship
    between President Bush's father and the family of Osama bin Laden,
    suggesting that the bin Laden family was greatly enriched by that
    association. Moore is set to make a deal with Mel Gibson's Icon Productions
    to finance Fahrenheit 911, a documentary which will trace why the U.S. has
    become a target for hatred and terrorism. It will also depict alleged
    dealings between two generations of the Bush and bin Laden clans that led to
    George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden becoming mortal enemies. Said Moore: "The primary thrust of the new film is what has happened to the country since
    September 11 and how the Bush administration used this tragic event to push
    its agenda. It certainly does deal with the Bush and bin Laden ties. It asks
    a number of questions that I don't have the answers to yet, but which I
    intend to find out."

Source

By spunky on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 11:55 am:

By BIGKev on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 01:14 pm:

interesting reading...but all that info and the other site posted else where only makes you ask more questions... which, i believe, is the point Moore (and myself at times) was trying to make..

By semillama on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 02:28 pm:

Should be an interesting movie - Moore has a good knowack for finding everyday folks with views and experiences on his subjects are pretty gripping, regardless of how you feel about his politics.

I remember seeing the partin BFC where he gets the gun from North Country Bank after signing up for an account and feeling sort of PROUD - That's my people!

By Rowlf on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

from yahoo news:

Nichols' Brother Sues 'Columbine' Director
    Wed Oct 29, 1:34 PM ET

DETROIT - James Nichols, the brother of Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, says he was tricked into appearing in the documentary "Bowling for Columbine," according to a federal lawsuit filed against filmmaker Michael Moore

Nichols also alleges in the lawsuit, filed Monday in Detroit, that Moore libeled him by linking him to the terrorist act.

Nichols accuses Moore of libel, defamation of character, invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. His lawyer is asking for a jury trial and damages ranging from $10 million to $20 million on each of nine counts, the Detroit Free Press reported.

A message seeking comment was left Tuesday with Moore's publicist.

In the film, Moore asks Nichols for an interview and steers the subject from the Oklahoma City bombing to gun ownership. Nichols tells Moore he has a gun under his pillow, and Moore asks Nichols to show him.

In the lawsuit, Nichols, who lives in Decker, said Moore misled him about the purpose of the interview.

"Bowling for Columbine" won the feature-length documentary Academy Award earlier this year.

By wisper on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:18 pm:

is he trying to say he's NOT as crazy as the film would have us believe?
    because i don't think any amount of editing could have done that.

anyway, bummer dude. For both guys.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact