The Simple Life

sorabji.com: Is it art?: The Simple Life
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 04:12 pm:

i confess i've recently become addicted to The Simple Life.

five years ago i could say i never owned a tv in my adult life. one year ago i didn't even know who paris hilton is.

not only am i addicted to the show, but i love it, i revel in it.

does anyone else *get* that tv show? the few people to whom i've admitted this always either think i'm joking or stare back at me with a horrified look on their face.

By patrick on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 04:28 pm:

never seen. seeing as how i only recently acquired an antenna so my GF can watch jeopard and i can catch some playoff hockey, i cant say i know much about this show.

By Dougie on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 06:06 pm:

Haven't seen the show, but I did see her video recently. Very talented. My recent favorite find on TV is Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. He's a chef, and the show is about his travels to different locations -- so far, I've seen his shows where he's been to Canada and Sweden.

By sarah on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:19 am:

you mean "A Night In Paris" ?

and don't even get me started on the food network.

By kazu on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:54 am:

The Food Network is the only thing I miss about
    not having cable.

By Dougie on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:00 am:

My wife's addicted to the Food Network. I like it occasionally, but how many times can you watch somebody cutting up celery, onions, and peppers for the "trinity", or talking about sauteeing onions to get nice carmelization on them.

By Dougie on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:06 am:

I watched Monty Python's Personal Best with Graham Chapman last night, and they showed one of my favorite skits:

Mrs. Conclusion (Chapman): Hullo, Mrs. Premise.
    Mrs. Premise (Cleese): Hullo, Mrs. Conclusion.

Conclusion: Busy Day?

Premise: Busy? I just spent four hours burying the cat.

Conclusion: Four hours to bury a cat?

Premise: Yes - it wouldn't keep still.

Conclusion: Oh - it wasn't dead, then?

Premise: No, no - but it's not at all well, so as we were going to be on the safe side.

Conclusion: Quite right - you don't want to come back from Sorrento to a dead cat. It'd be so anticlimactic. Yes, kill it now, that's what I say. We're going to have to have our budgie put down.

Premise: Really - is it very old?

Conclusion: No, we just don't like it. We're going to take it to the vet tomorrow.

Premise: Tell me, how do they put budgies down, then?

Conclusion: Well, it's funny you should ask that, because I've just been reading a great big book about how to put your budgie down, and apparently you can either hit them with the book, or you can shoot them just there, just above the beak.

Premise: Just there? Well, well, well. 'Course, Mrs Essence flushed hers down the loo.

Conclusion: No, you shouldn't do that - no, that's dangerous. They breed in the sewers!

By sarah on Thursday, May 31, 2007 - 06:48 pm:

did anyone watch the long awaited season premier of The Simple Life?

i admit, it's much too canned to come close to the sincerity of the first 2 seasons, and they're getting a little old for their pranks.

but i still dig it.

not as much as The Girls Next Door, but i'll still try my best to tune in every week.

By Dougie on Friday, June 1, 2007 - 01:59 pm:

Isn't she in jail? How will the show go on without her? Or have they already filmed this season's episodes? Personally, I wish they'd put her down like the unfortunate budgie in the previous post. That's hot.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact