Not "advice" really...

sorabji.com: I need advice: Not "advice" really...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By In heaven on Thursday, March 25, 1999 - 07:06 pm:

I'm listening to Mark's audio clip of "Metamorphosis #1" right now and loving it. Can anyone tell me who composed it?

By Desperate on Friday, March 26, 1999 - 12:45 pm:

Please, folks! I'm dying here! I've got to know!

By James on Friday, March 26, 1999 - 12:59 pm:

philip glass

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 06:13 pm:

Does anybody know where I can find that thread in which we found the surrealist compliment generator and told each other the compliments we received?

Do you know what I'm talking about?

Help, please?

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 06:31 pm:

If you can remember some of the compliments, go to Search These Message Boards, type in the text, and do a search. If you remember strange or rare words from the compliments, even better, because it will cut down the amount of hits.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 06:40 pm:

That search engine thing-o doesn't seem to work for me...which is why I need help, dammit! *ahem* Sorry about that.

No, I tried to search for "surrealist compliment generator," then "surrealist," then "only with ketchup" (which I remember to be part of one of the compliments). Each time, I got an "error 500" or something like that.

So I tried to search "by hand," but that was fruitless.

I want to find it because I remember someone getting a really neat, almost pretty, compliment, which I wanted to use for something...and I wasn't about to find the actual surrealist compliment generator and hit "reload" until it turned up.

I guess it's no big deal, but I would very much appreciate the help.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 07:09 pm:

Err...

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@torturechamber.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Right. Not "error 500." Jeez.

By N.b. on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

the search thing worked when i told it to search just the topic "Surfwatch".

Here's the thread:

http://bbs.sorabji.com/messages/325/3271.html?ThursdayDecember219991242pm

or, here

and surrealist compliment generator

By moonit on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 11:47 pm:

Ooo that was meee! I love your eyes but only with ketchup!

By droopy on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 12:41 am:

when i went to the scg i got a norwegian compliment: may you always have a stable of horses to service your needs.

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

Dustmites the world over love me for my feet.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 2, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

You move with the eloquence of a fiery wall of disintegrating fuselage.

Your hair sends forth a sheen remniscent of a wounded man streaming bandage gauze from the highest church steeple.

Seven donkeys and a concubine cannot compare with the tarnished sheen left in your path of combustion.

In your presence even my shadow acquires the sensation of touch.

These are lovely.

By moonit on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:30 am:

Sound barricades itself into rolls of peautbutter when you speak.

By Cat on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 03:16 am:

I sent that one to someone I adore. His voice is warm liquid Manolo-Blahnik-shoes-on-sale.

By Kalli on Thursday, May 3, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

I love that site. My brother and I used to get on AOLIM and just send messages back and forth to eachother.

Your eyebrows are as verdantly forrested as the seeded woodworms of my most sombre dreams.

By Weeeeeee on Friday, May 4, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

"Many sausages have known things before
    you had time to react." Well. That just sums
    up my sexual life completely.

By Spider on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 03:02 pm:

I'm listening to a recording of Philip Glass playing his "Metamorphosis #1," and I have to say I like Mark's performance better. It's more sensitive.

By Spider on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 03:11 pm:

La sola visione dei tuoi magnifici occhi mi fanno diventare ottimista per tutto ciņ che riguarda la mia vita.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact