DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP

sorabji.com: I need advice: DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By FETIDBEAVER on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 07:17 pm:

OK, I admit to being computer illiterate. What I need to know from any electronic wizards out there is this. Is it possible to knock someone's web site off the net? If so, how? (remember this is hypothetical of course. wink-wink)

By on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 11:25 pm:

By FETIDBEAVER on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:06 am:

Are there no takers? Come on don't be shy. If this
    is like a big no-no then email me, but I gotta
    know.

By Technical support on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:08 am:

if it's a personal website hosted from an ISPs server you'll need the FTP username and password the person is using. with that info, you could easily connect to the user's directory at the server through an FTP client and erase everything in it. the username is not always hard to guess (try the person's email address, or the first part of the address, or real first name, etc), passwords are worse...

but most people have backups of their sites stored locally anyway, so the victim would probably just upload the site once again with very little effort. it would just be a slight annoyance.

i'm assuming the site is more than a slight annoyance to you, since otherwise you'd excercise your right not to visit it.

so... tell us... why does this person/site annoy you so much you want to fuck with it? since this is all hypothetical anyway, let's hear it!

By FETIDBEAVER on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:48 am:

OK, here it is. My brother was a fireman killed by an arsonist. The man was tried and convicted in federal court under a new sentencing enhancement that had never been tried before. His name is Dale Ryan, he is in the federal prison for 27 years. His dad is rich, claims an income of 3mil a month.
    He has spent a gazillon dollars "buying" so called experts and motioning for new trials. The Supreme Court refuses to hear the case again without substantial new evidence, which he can't produce.
    Now if this sounds like bullshit, go to,

www.ryanfire.com

but please remember when reading his site that his evidence is dubious, witnesses all have their price and many "facts" at his site are lies, There is some info though that has really made me wonder about a few things, so I emailed my phone number and asked to talk at their convience. I recieved a phone call days later from Ron Ryan's secretary (Ron is Dale's dad) who asked the best hours for Ron to contact me. She then said that he would definitely be talking with me soon. (I'm the first in the family to make contact and offer to objectively review his "facts" and if there be any validity help bring them to light) Anyway this communication has never happened yet the Ryan family continues to portray themselves as the innocent victims against an evil government that framed his son (for what reason?) and a blood thirsty community looking for a scape goat.
    I feel if he wants to try his case on the net, let's make it fair. I'm not sure what his real motives are. Possibly to feed his ego. Maybe because his daughter is old enough to be taunted by the school kids and this way he can explain it all away as a government conspiracy. Maybe prison is just too boring. I recieve calls from local people saying "can you believe what Dale is saying now". So I find the site annoying and at this time I'm powerless to annoy him back.

By FETIDBEAVER on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:51 am:

Unfortunately by posting this I have revealed who the FETIDBEAVER is.
    Why didn't www.ryanfire.com turn gold?

By FETIDBEAVER on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 05:54 am:

By Technical support on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:24 am:

wow, heavy stuff. i'm not sure what to say other than that.

hit any key to continue.

By Simon on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 10:29 am:

I think the best way to annoy him back would be to have him serve the remainder of his sentence in various stages of physical disrepair.

Locate a close relative of someone doing time at El Reno. Offer to make a few periodic mortgage payments for them. See what develops.

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 11:36 am:

I,ll send them some shitty e-mail if you want,or anything you can think of,as long as I can,t be traced,I can call somebody.

By Waffles on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 11:39 am:

I got friends in the Lucchese family, I can make a call

By Simon on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 12:45 pm:

My uncle was Nick "The Chin" Dilodovico.

Taught me everything I know.

By Silly on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 07:30 pm:

Who that be?

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 01:08 am:

I hate to break it to you, BEAVER, but finding out who you are would be pretty easy, regardless. Everyone's IP address is included with their post. You've posted from 209.240.200.147 and 209.240.197.41 on this discussion. Mattering on how much logging your ISP does, it could be relatively easy to track you down and find out who you are...

By FETIDBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 05:44 am:

I know that it would not be a problem for someone who really wanted to know. What I meant is if someone from my town came to this site and read the posts they could easily put 2 & 2 together and know my true name. As far as the rest of you go, knowing my name still wouldn't mean anything to you. Since you appear to have some knowledge of computers, what can be done to his site?

By Simon on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 10:56 pm:

You say this man appears to be bored with prison life. I still maintain that if his life were less boring, he'd have no time for such nonsense as putting up web pages.

If you could find someone to give him the opportunity to learn such new tricks as taking a leak with both arms in casts, or sucking liquified prison food thru a straw inserted between his wired-shut jaws, his boredom would no doubt vanish.

This boredom would undoubtedly be replaced with the anticipation of what exciting new physical challenges he may have to face after the current one mends.

Hacking a website is just so, so... so Jr. High, that's all I'm saying.

By PSYCHOTICBEAVER on Wednesday, August 4, 1999 - 11:14 pm:

The flaw is the person who (or whom? I hope the grammar police ain't on patrol tonight) you convinced , or paid to amuse Mr. Dale Ryan would then be able to blackmail/extort oneself. I would be willing to take that risk if I could have someone rape him in the ass daily, then make him suck it clean. That would make me proud.

By J on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 01:25 pm:

I can,t say that I blame you,I,m sure you could find someone right where he,s at,his Dad sounds like a shit too,somone ould humble him too.I,m going to really think about this one,something will come sooner or later.

By J on Thursday, August 5, 1999 - 01:30 pm:

I don,t know anything about computers,just how to dust them,so if somebody here did know how to knock his site down,it would be a good thing.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact