I'm most likely over-analyzing

sorabji.com: I need advice: I'm most likely over-analyzing
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Elvi on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 02:44 am:

Okay...I just need to see this in print I think...to decide what I should do...
    I was sitting in class today and was joking with this guy...because that's what we always do...and I don't know him that well...when all of a sudden he says "we should go out sometime?" Completely floored me...I'm the girl people asked to their frat party as a joke or initiation...the "ugly" ones...ya know? So this guy has really lowered his standard or he was joking...Most likely I'm over-analyzing!...

By J on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 03:04 am:

Maybe he just likes yourr personality.Be yourself!!!

By Semillama i need to go to bed on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 03:39 am:

go for it. don't waste any chances.

By Cyst on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 04:09 am:

when I was a freshman in college, this really, really, really cute, smart, interesting boy asked me out.

I couldn't believe it. me? you want ME to come to your dorm room?

I was ecstatic. I got my first boyfriend.

but even after we had been going out a week or so, I still couldn't really believe that someone would be interested in me. so I asked him.

this is for real, right? this isn't a joke, no one put you up to this, did they?

what an awful thing to think. give the guy a chance, elvi.

By Rhiannon on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 09:10 am:

Yesterday I had to buy my mother a birthday present, so I walked into town after my last class. The store is about 1.5 miles away and it was really hot, so let's just say I wasn't looking my best when I arrived.

People don't usually flirt with me for whatever reason, probably because I used to be kind of mean. ("You think?") Anyway, the clerk in the store yesterday did flirt with me. Really really badly. He was so awkward it was hilarious. He actually had to stop talking to me for a few moments because he couldn't count change and talk at the same time. I had to tell him how much change to give me. And after that he *still* thought he was being smooth. It was so hard for me not to laugh...not really *at* him, but because it was kind of cute.

Anyway, my point is, here I was thinking I was incredibly dishevelled and just looking really bad. Somebody else didn't think I looked that bad or else they would have tried to get me out of their sight as soon as possible, not spend 10 minutes telling me how I could use a scarf I bought while giving me the old eye, as Holden Caulfield would say. You know what I'm saying?

People are really bad judges of their own looks because they're biased. Either in favor or against. You, Elvi, are probably quite attractive. At least this guy thinks so, and if you like him too, that's all that matters, isn't it?

By Elvi on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 01:44 pm:

I thank you all for your advice. Mostly I think I'll have to wait and see if he calls...or brings it up in class again. Should be interesting though...since I'm 22 and this would be my 3rd date, ever.

By Gee on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 01:55 am:

I didn't belive it was true for a long time, but then I thought about the people *I* thought were attractive, and I realized it was true: beauty really Is in the eye of the beholder.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact